Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rsr2
    Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
    • Oct 2004
    • 1386

    #46
    Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

    Bought KOTOR for $2.49. Not bad considering I was going to buy it for $5 the other day >_>
    Originally posted by MrGiggles
    "You shouldn't believe what everyone says about me. I took a shower with my cousin, once. And I have racist thoughts."

    Comment

    • MrGiggles
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2005
      • 2846

      #47
      Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

      I was really sick the past four or five days and didn't go online much, so I missed a few days of the sale. Apparently I missed some good ****

      DAY 11




      Not much to say except that you should pick up L4D2 that game is really great stuff. GTAIV is pretty fun too. Oblivion is Fallout 3 without guns or humor.

      Comment

      • AsphyxZero
        Banned
        • Oct 2010
        • 1823

        #48
        Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

        Oblivion is the most easily modded game in the world though, and absolutely aesthetically pleasing, especially if you have OOO and Qarl's Optimized pack (literally a gb of optimized graphics and textures).

        Comment

        • OneHandNow
          Banned
          • Sep 2006
          • 5305

          #49
          Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

          I got the L4D2 Four Pack for $14.99, and sold 3 to 3 of my friends for $3.75 each.

          That's $3.75 for L4D2.

          Fuccen. BEASTLY DEAL.

          Comment

          • MrGiggles
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2005
            • 2846

            #50
            Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

            Originally posted by AsphyxZero
            Oblivion is the most easily modded game in the world though, and absolutely aesthetically pleasing, especially if you have OOO and Qarl's Optimized pack (literally a gb of optimized graphics and textures).
            Yeah I didn't really do it justice with that description. It's extremely long and addictive, and the mod scene is great as you said.

            Comment

            • MrGiggles
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2005
              • 2846

              #51
              Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale


              DAY 12



              If you don't own TF2, you're silly and now is the time to buy it. Command and Conquer 4 has constant-connection DRM, so maybe avoid that if possible.

              I hated Far Cry 2, but maybe I'm weird, it got decent reviews. Maybe it was all the injections in that game coupled with my needle phobia. Also, it looks like for $2.50 more, you can get the original Far Cry as part of the Far Cry Fortune Edition.

              S.T.A.L.K.E.R is really an awesome FPS, but it's really challenging. Like, bind quicksave and quickload to the left and right mouse buttons hard. /v/ really loves this game. Also, some great mods: http://i.imgur.com/FxxGZ.jpg

              And apparently, buying the Hitman games individually is actually 2 cents cheaper.

              Comment

              • OneHandNow
                Banned
                • Sep 2006
                • 5305

                #52
                Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                Everybody already has TF2 so.

                Good if you want to buy in bundles to re-sell Steam accounts with TF2 for $10 later in the year.

                Comment

                • Reincarnate
                  x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 6332

                  #53
                  Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                  I just bought the Star Wars pack and the Stalker pack today, too. What else is worth getting?

                  Comment

                  • OneHandNow
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 5305

                    #54
                    Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                    TF2 if you don't have it. Besides that, nothing else is worth getting..

                    Comment

                    • XxXMetalheadXxX
                      Lack of faith=disturbing
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 187

                      #55
                      Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                      I bought Far Cry 2 at the beginning of this year, it's a decent game. The main issue I had with it is the repetitive gameplay that it holds. Taking on the bad guy's territories could have the same technique applied without any different gameplay being showed. Nothing new. The good thing I liked about it is the game's supply of weaponry and topography. For $5.00 it's an okay deal. It'll keep you occupied for like 15-20 hours or so.

                      As for the Chrismas sale, I've bought: Borderlands, Resident Evil 5, Indie Music Pack (Which consists of: BIT.TRIP BEAT, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone and Beat Hazard) and lastly Torchlight. I plan on getting Bioshock before the sale ends.

                      Has anyone played Star Wars: The Force Unleash II? If so, how is it?
                      Last edited by XxXMetalheadXxX; 12-31-2010, 05:40 PM.


                      Originally posted by V-Ormix
                      n ordR 2 ayayay song on maniastep you must mov ur fingr tothbeat of song an it recptr clean on ifyou do thgreat then no ayayay 4u

                      Comment

                      • MrGiggles
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 2846

                        #56
                        Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                        DAY 13





                        Company of Heroes is really really fun stuff. It's an exceptional WWII RTS, if you don't like RTS or got bored of WWII you may not like it.

                        Settlers 7 uses Ubisoft Internet Connection DRM. Stay away. EDIT: It appears it's been patched to only require internet on runtime, not afterwards. So it might be worth it to you, it's a well-received game.

                        Half Life Complete collection is 9.99. This is a supernatural value if you don't own any of those games. They are, quite frankly, the best FPS's of their time and very nearly the best today.

                        A Reckless Disregard for Gravity is okay. It's good for this price, I suppose.

                        I've heard Bionic Commando is fun.

                        Comment

                        • Reincarnate
                          x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 6332

                          #57
                          Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                          I went ahead and got the Disregard for Gravity game (it's cheap as hell so why not)... considering Bionic Commando but eh

                          Comment

                          • OneHandNow
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2006
                            • 5305

                            #58
                            Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                            Omfg.. I got Reckless for $4.99 3 days ago.. *Shoot self*

                            Comment

                            • Elite Ninja
                              Kawaii Desu
                              Event Staff
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 4828

                              #59
                              Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                              MOH sucks dont get it. Its not even worth $10.
                              Best AAA = Aballava(?) + Serious Shit (97)
                              Best SDG = Fushigi Usagi Milk Tei 8-0-0-3 (101)
                              Best Score = do i smile? 3-0-0-3 (100)

                              Comment

                              • Reincarnate
                                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                                • Nov 2010
                                • 6332

                                #60
                                Re: Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

                                Bionic Commando pack = worth it?

                                Comment

                                Working...