New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SethSquall
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2004
    • 5477

    #16
    Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

    I'm very optimistic. Very optimistic.

    I mean when they use the name "Project Needlemouse" I think I should get my hopes up. It was the name of the project behind Sonic's debut.
    Last edited by SethSquall; 09-14-2009, 05:00 AM.
    Originally posted by Tibs
    I love you, you Welsh ****

    Comment

    • SakuraLover_AM2JA
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2009
      • 5

      #17
      Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

      Nobody better ruin another Sonic game! Not even the classics! These days they've all gone downhill. Im sticking with the classics. =)

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #18
        Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

        Originally posted by SakuraLover_AM2JA
        Im sticking with the classics. =)
        I tried to play Sonic 2 on my HDTV and my brain exploded at how ugly the graphics looked on my large LCD.

        Maybe I should keep a small CRT screen around just for playing old games???

        Comment

        • sjoecool1991
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2006
          • 2302

          #19
          Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

          Originally posted by Afrobean
          I tried to play Sonic 2 on my HDTV and my brain exploded at how ugly the graphics looked on my large LCD.

          Maybe I should keep a small CRT screen around just for playing old games???
          I love the old 8bit and 16bit looks, also the fact that anything other than component and HDMI inputs looks terrible, especially composite.

          Comment

          • smartdude1212
            2 is poo
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2005
            • 6687

            #20
            Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

            I must be one of the few people that enjoyed the recent 3D Sonic games like Sonic Unleashed then... o_o

            Looking forward to this one, too.

            Comment

            • SakuraLover_AM2JA
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2009
              • 5

              #21
              Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              I tried to play Sonic 2 on my HDTV and my brain exploded at how ugly the graphics looked on my large LCD.

              Maybe I should keep a small CRT screen around just for playing old games???
              when i play the Mega collection from my 360 to my plasma TV it looks fine to me

              Comment

              • SakuraLover_AM2JA
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2009
                • 5

                #22
                Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

                Originally posted by smartdude1212
                I must be one of the few people that enjoyed the recent 3D Sonic games like Sonic Unleashed then... o_o

                Looking forward to this one, too.
                Sonic Unleashed was great but to me, a good Sonic 3D game is SA1 (DX) and SA2 Battle. It had more of the, idk, consistency or something. Like Chao babies XD lol I wish they had these games for 360. i'd get all the achievements like the other Sonic 360 games.

                Comment

                • SethSquall
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 5477

                  #23
                  Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  I tried to play Sonic 2 on my HDTV and my brain exploded at how ugly the graphics looked on my large LCD.

                  Maybe I should keep a small CRT screen around just for playing old games???
                  Can't you adjust the aspect ratio or reduce the size? My tv can use the center and stuff. I don't use it though because it doesn't bother me much.
                  Originally posted by Tibs
                  I love you, you Welsh ****

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #24
                    Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

                    Originally posted by SakuraLover_AM2JA
                    when i play the Mega collection from my 360 to my plasma TV it looks fine to me
                    You probably also turn on the softening smear filter.

                    Originally posted by SethSquall
                    Can't you adjust the aspect ratio or reduce the size? My tv can use the center and stuff. I don't use it though because it doesn't bother me much.
                    Yeah, I can set it to force 4:3, 16:9, and there are also two "zoom" cropping settings.

                    No option for changing size though. Even if there was though, LCD just can never look right displaying graphics designed for SD CRT.

                    Comment

                    • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                      nobody fiffers anymore.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 2440

                      #25
                      Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

                      Judging from the current info, I'm 99% sure it's going to be a "retro revival" like Megaman 9. An all new original game made like the classic games.

                      Personally I'm looking forward to it. I think it'll be a good experience for Sonic Team to revisit the style of their earlier work and see what made those games so fun and engaging. Afterward, they might try applying those principles successfully to the 3D realm. It can be done -- Sonic Unleashed showed the potential was there, but didn't use it all. They're still a bit estranged from the old Sonic spirit. Needlemouse might put things into perspective for them so they can utilize that potential to the fullest.
                      ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                      Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #26
                        Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

                        Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                        Judging from the current info, I'm 99% sure it's going to be a "retro revival" like Megaman 9. An all new original game made like the classic games.
                        There's no info currently available. All there is is a teaser promsing a return to 2D graphics.

                        But they also mention HD. So it's NOT a "retro revival" like Megaman 9. I'd liken it more to Wario Land: Shake It! New graphics on a 2D game structure.

                        Comment

                        • smartdude1212
                          2 is poo
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2005
                          • 6687

                          #27
                          Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

                          Originally posted by SakuraLover_AM2JA
                          Sonic Unleashed was great but to me, a good Sonic 3D game is SA1 (DX) and SA2 Battle. It had more of the, idk, consistency or something. Like Chao babies XD lol I wish they had these games for 360. i'd get all the achievements like the other Sonic 360 games.
                          I just really liked Sonic Unleashed... I liked it enough to get all the trophies on the PS3.

                          Comment

                          Working...