Don't know if any of you heard about this game or not..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • [TeRa]
    FFR Player
    • May 2007
    • 9922

    #16
    Re: Don't know if any of you heard about this game or not..

    You're still around raven ;o
    KMA is back, you should start posting there again gurl

    As for this game, I'll try it out, doubt I will keep playing it, but I won't know till I play it.

    Comment

    • RavenLynn
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2007
      • 35

      #17
      Re: Don't know if any of you heard about this game or not..

      Originally posted by [TeRa]
      You're still around raven ;o
      KMA is back, you should start posting there again gurl

      As for this game, I'll try it out, doubt I will keep playing it, but I won't know till I play it.
      Who are you again?

      Comment

      • sjoecool1991
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2006
        • 2302

        #18
        Re: Don't know if any of you heard about this game or not..

        Originally posted by tsugomaru
        I like to believe most MMOGs suck for the same reason that most FPSs suck. They're just a repeat of one another. Each MMOG tries to give a game with its own story line, but in the end, it ends up being a grind fest and you never really get into the lore, giving you almost no motivation to play.

        I give props to Cabal for actually trying to incorporate a story line somewhere in the game, but after a while, all the quests turned out to be, "go kill about 500 of these dudes and come back to me and I will tell you of another errand I would like you to complete because I'm far too lazy of a guard to actually do my job".

        Games like WoW and LotR already have a good story to back it up and just meeting some of the figures in their respective lore is already amazing. Although meeting Thrall has almost nothing to do with any of the game-play, just standing next to him on my character gave a magical feeling. I've never played Lotr, but as far as WoW, they are constantly trying to find new ways to design quests and dungeons so it doesn't seem like a "grind" at all because you won't always be doing kill 20 of these monsters or collect 5 bear livers so that when you actually have to do them, it doesn't seem repetitive because it was the same thing you did last quest.

        ~Tsugomaru
        There is one other MMO that massively decreased the grind because of new missions, new story arcs, new additions to the invention system, and new XP curve.
        City Of Heroes is no longer a grind.

        Comment

        • Ezion
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2008
          • 7

          #19
          Re: Don't know if any of you heard about this game or not..

          Originally posted by tsugomaru
          I like to believe most MMOGs suck for the same reason that most FPSs suck. They're just a repeat of one another. Each MMOG tries to give a game with its own story line, but in the end, it ends up being a grind fest and you never really get into the lore, giving you almost no motivation to play.

          I give props to Cabal for actually trying to incorporate a story line somewhere in the game, but after a while, all the quests turned out to be, "go kill about 500 of these dudes and come back to me and I will tell you of another errand I would like you to complete because I'm far too lazy of a guard to actually do my job".

          Games like WoW and LotR already have a good story to back it up and just meeting some of the figures in their respective lore is already amazing. Although meeting Thrall has almost nothing to do with any of the game-play, just standing next to him on my character gave a magical feeling. I've never played Lotr, but as far as WoW, they are constantly trying to find new ways to design quests and dungeons so it doesn't seem like a "grind" at all because you won't always be doing kill 20 of these monsters or collect 5 bear livers so that when you actually have to do them, it doesn't seem repetitive because it was the same thing you did last quest.

          ~Tsugomaru
          Check out Darkfall Online when it comes out. Sandbox FFA PvP MMORPG/FPS with full loot, no classes (has a UO-esque skill system), cenetered around clan warfare (see Shadowbane).

          Comment

          Working...