The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • x After Dawn x
    FFR Veteran
    • Jul 2007
    • 1613

    #16
    Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

    tl; dr. srsly.
    Originally posted by Djr Rap dancer
    Alcohol make peoples retard.
    Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
    Just take nicotine patch lol

    Comment

    • JKPolk
      tool
      • Aug 2003
      • 3737

      #17
      Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

      Stop ****ing postwhoring. I warned you that it's long. GTFO my thread.

      Comment

      • Afrombean
        FFR Player
        • Feb 2007
        • 285

        #18
        Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

        Originally posted by JKPolk
        The things people can come up with astound me. It really reminds me of all those english classes where the teachers forced us to over analyze simple stories.
        "Now kids, what was Shakespeare referring to when he wrote this passage? Obviously it was describing the events to happen in the fourth week of the Second World War when...;" taking the smallest detail and running with it, turning it into its own identity. I really don't understand how peoples' minds work with regards to that, but it's fascinating. This is a prime example of it and I really liked it.
        I see where you're going with that, and in this case you're right. Pokemon is just an animated show made to capitalize on the popularity of a video game. There is no deep message to it; it's simply loosely based on the video game with tons of extra filler thrown in to stretch things out and keep things "fresh".

        But when you're talking about serious literature, writers really do implement symbolism and things of that nature that possibly require heavy analysis to fully understand. Sometimes this can be read into too heavily, and in that case, I'd say it's a sort of self-fulfilled prophecy type of thing. Basically, what I'm trying to say here is that if something can be gleaned from literature, then it's there regardless of the creators' original intent.

        Comment

        • Zennixx
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2007
          • 100

          #19
          Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

          Pokemon has been dead since the third installment came out. After pokemon number 151 the series went into a @#*$ hole. End of story.
          Play Hard. Go Pro.

          Comment

          • JKPolk
            tool
            • Aug 2003
            • 3737

            #20
            Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

            Originally posted by Zennixx
            Pokemon has been dead since the third installment came out. After pokemon number 151 the series went into a @#*$ hole. End of story.
            I'm glad you responded intelligently to the posted text.

            And Afro, yes I do agree with you that there are many intricacies inside literature. Sometimes, though, it just seems that people stretch them too far which is why my example was so ridiculous. I'm not one who actively searches out the meanings behind stories, I read them for what they are. High school English classes were hell on me because I couldn't just read the damn story, I had to dissect every word choice for fifteen different meanings that the author was going for when they first wrote it.

            Comment

            • masamursha
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2007
              • 1225

              #21
              Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

              yea I actually read that whole thing and it was very interesting. I would've never thought that the rest of the whole series was just Ash's mind manifesting some dream world while he was in a coma.

              Comment

              • funmonkey54
                The Chill Keeper
                • Oct 2007
                • 4127

                #22
                Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

                huh. I have never thought of these things this way. good points. also, Ash must have some extremely serious daddy issues. I wonder what kind of issues.

                Comment

                • MystictheHedgehog
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 699

                  #23
                  Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

                  Interesting...can't believe I read it all.

                  It makes several interesting arguments, but it's honestly nothing more than a reach on a slightly(and by slightly I mean a low percentage chance) plausible conclusion. But an interesting read none the less.
                  Originally posted by Jerry DB
                  how does that even make sense? in the beginning of time there was this 5 billion dollar machine that forced two particles to collide at the speed of light. lets re create that. DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

                  Comment

                  • x After Dawn x
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 1613

                    #24
                    Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

                    Originally posted by JKPolk
                    Stop ****ing postwhoring. I warned you that it's long. GTFO my thread.
                    Correction: "GTFO of my thread." If you're going to try to sound smart, at least do it with proper grammar.
                    Originally posted by Djr Rap dancer
                    Alcohol make peoples retard.
                    Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
                    Just take nicotine patch lol

                    Comment

                    • JKPolk
                      tool
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 3737

                      #25
                      Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

                      One doesn't attempt to sound smart with internet acronyms.

                      Comment

                      • Kekeb
                        davai
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 2765

                        #26
                        Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

                        Originally posted by Tokzic
                        All he wanted... was to be the very best... ;_;
                        Like no one... ever was...

                        Comment

                        • hoochan
                          woah shrooms
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 3838

                          #27
                          Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

                          This is probably the greatest thing that I've read in the last year.

                          PS-Ash's Squirtle was the leader of the Squirtle Squad.

                          Comment

                          • Zennixx
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 100

                            #28
                            Re: The Pokeyman's world has been destroyed

                            Wow.....amazing post. I would props you if I could.
                            Play Hard. Go Pro.

                            Comment

                            Working...