Can you play Play Station 1 games on Play Station 3?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #31
    Re: Can you play Play Station 1 games on Play Station 3?

    holy **** oh my god

    writing about backward compatibility in a thread about backward compatibility

    i must be going InSaNe

    Why does the Wii's backward compatibility matter? Because the gamecube sucked and everyone who didn't buy one now has a chance to play any gamecube game they ever wanted without worrying if it'll work or not. Not only that but you can get the games for about $10 or less.

    Comment

    • thechild
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2007
      • 1642

      #32
      Re: Can you play Play Station 1 games on Play Station 3?

      Originally posted by Squeek
      Oh god I see the next comment "yeah well wii is just a beefed-up gamecube anyway"

      yeah well it isn't. Whole new processor, whole new video card, whole new chipset.
      lol game boy color hand held series. I'm not saying I disagree with you, just thought about it. But the DS might of killed the same exact system but some better stuff spree.

      Comment

      • pop3tart
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2007
        • 36

        #33
        Re: Can you play Play Station 1 games on Play Station 3?

        Originally posted by Squeek

        Why does the Wii's backward compatibility matter? Because the gamecube sucked and everyone who didn't buy one now has a chance to play any gamecube game they ever wanted without worrying if it'll work or not. Not only that but you can get the games for about $10 or less.
        I wonder why they cost 10$ or less. . . maybe because they "Sucked" so much?




        "You think you're all that and a bag of chips. Well I'm all that and a bag of skittles. So taste the rainbow. . ."


        Comment

        • Squeek
          let it snow~
          • Jan 2004
          • 14444

          #34
          Re: Can you play Play Station 1 games on Play Station 3?

          ...

          You can't honestly believe that.

          Please, please tell me you don't honestly believe that Gamecube games are the only games that have dropped in price as the years pass by.

          I bought Metroid Prime for $10. ****ty game, I know, right?

          Grand Theft Auto III, VC, and SA are all $10. ****ty games?

          Halo is $10. ****ty game?

          I can do this for every last-gen console's best-selling games. Just name it.

          Comment

          • pop3tart
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2007
            • 36

            #35
            Re: Can you play Play Station 1 games on Play Station 3?

            I never said I did.

            You just specifically pointed out how cheap THEY were.

            There are some things I do not specifically like about the PS3. Hence this thread, I know there was a 60 gig PS3 that they discontinued that would allow backwards capability, yes. But since it's no longer on the market, I would like to point out that the 80 gig, which IS in market, has capability. HOWEVER, it's just software so it's not perfect. The 60 gig had Hardware which was more solid. You could get the 80 gig with the Software Emulation or you could get the 40 gig without capability or a flash card reader. (They both support Wi-Fi, though.)

            For the capability, go for the 80 gig.

            Something else I would like to point out is the online network. It's free. Yes, free. I'm not saying it makes it any better than the X-box Live. True, no Halo. But if you give it some time, there could be some good games. The only matter is money. The PS3 (and Blu Ray games) are pricy. Definitely. But for the people who really want the experience of it, it's completely worth it.




            "You think you're all that and a bag of chips. Well I'm all that and a bag of skittles. So taste the rainbow. . ."


            Comment

            Working...