Tales of innocence trailer

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zidart
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2006
    • 964

    #16
    Re: Tales of innocence trailer

    Originally posted by Squeek
    So far the only DS games I've wanted to play are Pokemon Pearl / Diamond, Phoenix Wright, and Cooking Mama. I've played them all and many others, like Trauma Center, WarioWare, Zelda, etc. I can honestly say I had more fun with GBA games. Immersive gameplay only works when you legitimately feel like your actions influence the game. So far only two games have used the touch screen correctly, in my opinion: Cooking Mama and Trauma Center.

    Also, what? Phoenix Wright utilizes the full graphic potential of the DS? With still images? It's nothing more than a dating sim with a hilarious story.

    I have yet to play a Wii game that looked bad. What games are you playing where you don't see full graphical capability? Wii Sports? No, because that's just the style of the game, just like LittleBig Planet is a graphically intense game despite looking like ancient technology. Elebits? The game pushes so much from the graphics that it lags the processing. Metroid Prime 3 is only one of the most visually stunning games on the market and Mario Galaxy is more beautiful than most 360 and PS3 games.

    I know what you're trying to say. Games like Super Paper Mario look like they could've been done years ago and remain exactly the same. They could. The developers decided on a look and went with it. They didn't care to try for anything more than a clean-looking 2D model of Mario. And it worked really well. The game probably could've worked on DS, too. It would look exactly the same. That's perfectly fine! It's the style of the game!

    What I'm saying is that DS game developers are trying to fit a game meant for a console onto a handheld and they think about graphics last. It's like they're shrinking them down without a care for how it looks, and it totally ruins the immersion when you see that many jaggies, blockies, and pixels in every game you play.

    Was there a reason why Mario had to be 3D in the New Super Mario Bros. game? Honestly? No. There wasn't. It looks stupid. It would've worked much better with a 2D representation. I would have found no flaws with the game had it been totally 2D. But they went for the meaningless 2.5D and failed miserably.
    it's funny that you always bash the consoles that you don't own... is this a pattern or what????

    woow first in the wii/ps3/360 threads you say that graphics are not important and now you give a "DS graphics sucks" excuse just to hate the DS, seriously and you even used the same price tag/not a lot of games excuse to hate this console.

    and besides squeek for your information the images of phoenix wright MOOOVE and they do various hilarious animations (not to mention interesting plot storyline).

    new super mario bros is the most nostalgic mario these days and great mario game at that... missing this game just for graphics is pretty stupid.

    "So far the only DS games I've wanted to play are Pokemon Pearl / Diamond, Phoenix Wright, and Cooking Mama. I've played them all and many others, like Trauma Center, WarioWare, Zelda, etc. I can honestly say I had more fun with GBA games. Immersive gameplay only works when you legitimately feel like your actions influence the game. So far only two games have used the touch screen correctly, in my opinion: Cooking Mama and Trauma Center."

    please give me a break saying that only cooking mama and trauma center used them correctly is a laugh. all those games you listed if you haven't played them use the touch screen perfectly and it fits with the gameplay, it's true that many DS games don't use these options but like some wii games is better that way.

    and 2.5D games well i still say that they look better than the polygons of the 64, the pixels and jaggs are not an issue as long as i can see the facial expresions of the characters (wich you can see them in tales of destiny and final fantasy III/IV) that the game doesn't go slower (it's very uncomon for a DS game to have lag) or that they are colorful and attractive for a handheld console (wich phoenix wright and hotel dusk have very interesting hand draw animations)

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #17
      Re: Tales of innocence trailer

      I said earlier in the thread that graphics don't matter unless they're bad. When they ruin the immersive experience, they're bad. Mario Land comes in two glorious colors: green and black. That doesn't stop me from enjoying it to this very day. It looks beautiful for the technology available at the time it was made.

      The reason I say "graphics don't matter" for consoles is because consoles already offer lifelike graphics. Why do we need anything better than lifelike?

      2D images move? You mean like... basic animation?

      Do you know how Disney makes cartoons? 2D pictures. That move.

      You say all of the games use the touch screen perfectly. Ok.

      Pokemon Pearl. Why am I using the touch screen for so many things? Why can't it just be a GBA game with two screens? Why am I touching the backpack for items? I was fine with pressing "start" and hitting "a".

      Zelda: I have to point to move? Why? What the hell is the point of a d-pad if you're going to make me point to move? (Note: you will probably point out Zack and Wiki at this point, since I profess to love the game. That is a point-and-click adventure. It is specifically designed to work the way it works and it is all the better for it. Attaching a nunchuk would make some of the motions impossible to do, and it would just be unnecessary when you're clicking on objects to interact with them in the first place)

      Phoenix Wright at least lets you use the d-pad and buttons if you want. I got tired of tapping "play" every half-second. I never once used the microphone. I never once spun around objects with the pointer. It's meaningless.

      The graphics had the potential to be better than the N64. They just couldn't make it work properly. Anti-aliasing, please. Just one game with anti-aliasing?

      I'm not knocking the console. I'm knocking the game developers for not making games properly. The lack of games is one reason I won't buy one, not because it's a bad console. On the contrary, it's a great console. I just have no time to play it because I drive myself to work and school. I have a Wii and a PS2 with plenty of games to play. I have no reason to own a DS.

      Comment

      • zidart
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2006
        • 964

        #18
        Re: Tales of innocence trailer

        Originally posted by Squeek
        I said earlier in the thread that graphics don't matter unless they're bad. When they ruin the immersive experience, they're bad. Mario Land comes in two glorious colors: green and black. That doesn't stop me from enjoying it to this very day. It looks beautiful for the technology available at the time it was made.

        The reason I say "graphics don't matter" for consoles is because consoles already offer lifelike graphics. Why do we need anything better than lifelike?

        2D images move? You mean like... basic animation?

        Do you know how Disney makes cartoons? 2D pictures. That move.

        You say all of the games use the touch screen perfectly. Ok.

        Pokemon Pearl. Why am I using the touch screen for so many things? Why can't it just be a GBA game with two screens? Why am I touching the backpack for items? I was fine with pressing "start" and hitting "a".

        Zelda: I have to point to move? Why? What the hell is the point of a d-pad if you're going to make me point to move? (Note: you will probably point out Zack and Wiki at this point, since I profess to love the game. That is a point-and-click adventure. It is specifically designed to work the way it works and it is all the better for it. Attaching a nunchuk would make some of the motions impossible to do, and it would just be unnecessary when you're clicking on objects to interact with them in the first place)

        Phoenix Wright at least lets you use the d-pad and buttons if you want. I got tired of tapping "play" every half-second. I never once used the microphone. I never once spun around objects with the pointer. It's meaningless.

        The graphics had the potential to be better than the N64. They just couldn't make it work properly. Anti-aliasing, please. Just one game with anti-aliasing?

        I'm not knocking the console. I'm knocking the game developers for not making games properly. The lack of games is one reason I won't buy one, not because it's a bad console. On the contrary, it's a great console. I just have no time to play it because I drive myself to work and school. I have a Wii and a PS2 with plenty of games to play. I have no reason to own a DS.
        woow the last sentence contraditcs all you said before.

        great thank you for teaching me the meaning of the word animation (i'm not being sarcastic)

        it's easier for RPGs to use the touch screen to select the menus than to scroll down with the D-pad and diamond and pearl is an example.

        for phantom hourglass , like IN MANY OTHER WII GAMES it uses the technology of the DS to make it more imersive (you know kinda like why should i spin with mario instead of pressing a button??) and it works perfectly for 2D (or as you call it 2.5D) zelda games

        pressing the play button or pressing the A button is the same thing you just don't like the touch screen to begin with. and i frequently use the microphone beacuse when i got the answer in my head i just feel better shouting it at the microphone. and moving the pointer with the D-pad is a pain compared to just POINT-AND CLICK, because you might not noticed but phoenix wright is a POINT-AND-CLICK game.

        saying the DS doesn't have better graphics than the 64 is just ridiculous... sure the pixels are in some places visible but if you compare the mario from 64with ANY mario on the DS you'll see that the DS mario is closest to reality or lifelike (well not you because you're so closed minded with anything) graphics are unimportant as long as the gameplay still shines. and saying that the DS the best selling console in this generation has few games is just a anti-console statement.

        seriously if you hate a console so much why do you have to bash it?? why you must bash anything that you don't own or don't have time to play with?? why can't you just leave other people alone with the games they expect the games they want (in this case tales of innocence)??? is a hobby for you to just come here and say "the DS is ridiculous/or this game is not worth to play becuase the graphics ARE TERRIBLE and just an all-around unnecessary approach to gaming " like the trolls you're supossed to hate?? you are the worst admin i ever seen seriously.

        Comment

        • Squeek
          let it snow~
          • Jan 2004
          • 14444

          #19
          Re: Tales of innocence trailer

          I'm tired of quote wars so let me make this quick.

          1) Having the option of using the D-pad would be nice, as I mentioned while talking about Phoenix Wright. Just like having the option of mounting the spin in Galaxy to a button would've been nice. I still miss with my spin because it registers late and I die. It's really annoying and it would be better without it. Does it make it a bad game? No, because everything else makes up for it.

          2) I said the DS was probably better than the N64 in graphic output.

          3) I also said I don't own a DS because I have no reason to have one. I don't need to play any games because I've already beaten the ones I was interested in. I don't ever go on road trips or have alone-time where I'm not at home on my computer with direct access to my own Wii and PS2 on my own television. I am never interrupted and I never have to share.

          4) I'm not an admin, but even if I were, how would my opinion about a video game console make me a bad one? Come on now.

          Comment

          Working...