My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omeganitros
    auauauau
    • Jun 2003
    • 8897

    #16
    Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

    Considering the game only has one Attack button, I was surprised at how depth-y they made the combat system in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja. The most complex combos you can get are 4 button-pressings (O, O, O, O + Down), but then there's stuff like where you can throw the opponent (Back + O) and then press O at just the right time, and you appear in front your opponent in mid air and kick him back in the other direction,k but if your opponent presses Back + O at the exact time that you appear, he vanishes behind YOU and kicks you in the other direction, but if you press Back + O AGAIN you appear behind him, etc, etc, etc, and it's pretty fun.

    It's obviously meant to be easy enough for kids, but it's flexible enough so that it takes a while before you can master it fully. Plus, this game does the one thing that I really like: Gives the characters really big life bars. It totally freaking blows in Fighting Games when battles regularly last under 30 seconds because attacks take too much off the health bar and there's no way to regain it (exception: Bushido Blade).

    Comment

    • IronJesus
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2006
      • 81

      #17
      Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

      Clay Fighters 62 1/2 was the sequel I think but Clay Fighters was an awsome game and used Mortal Kombat style characters but with claymation. It was simple learn and fun to play. With no cheap moves. Movie and show games will always suck becuase they talk the magic out of the movie's storyline and throw in random bull**** to lengthen the game.

      Comment

      • suicidalmuskrat
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2003
        • 739

        #18
        Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

        Originally posted by evilbutterfly
        There's a Clayfighters for SNES, and I'm pretty sure they used actual claymation shots. It's kinda like how Mortal Kombat took pictures of actual people and then put them in the game. They could take pictures of the claymation figures and then put them into the game frame-by-frame. I think I'll get a chance to play it tonight (going to my sister's, where the PS2 is living until I take it to my dorm when I move in) so I'll see if it looks anything like the show, but I don't see how it possibly could. =\
        Aren't all the games you mentioned 2D? I'd assume that it'd be exponentially harder to do claymation in 3D.
        I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for your crummy old danish.
        Done, and done.

        Comment

        • banditcom
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 6243

          #19
          Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

          Yeah I tried this on the PC once. It was so bad..... rofl

          Comment

          • jewpinthethird
            (The Fat's Sabobah)
            FFR Music Producer
            • Nov 2002
            • 11711

            #20
            Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

            Originally posted by Omeganitros
            My little brother got Naruto: Ultimate Ninja for PS2.


            It...It actually wasn't bad.
            Omega. For shame.

            Comment

            • Animefreak999
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 767

              #21
              Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

              that game sucked big time. it wasnt even hard, the charators were stupid,no one could fight worth a flip, and the special moves were retarded. id give that game a .02 out of 5

              Comment

              • IAAW
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 3008

                #22
                Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

                I would say that only the REALLY HARDCORE Celebrity Deathmatch fans would play this and rate it a 10...

                Comment

                • Animefreak999
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2006
                  • 767

                  #23
                  Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

                  Originally posted by IAAW
                  I would say that only the REALLY HARDCORE Celebrity Deathmatch fans would play this and rate it a 10...
                  REALLY REALLY REALLY HARDCORE, like they praise the show and they've seen EVERY episode like 10 times. that hardcore of a fan,but even then i dont think a 10 would be it maybe a 8.9 or so

                  Comment

                  • IronJesus
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 81

                    #24
                    Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

                    They use a special green screen technology.

                    Comment

                    • evilbutterfly
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2003
                      • 5784

                      #25
                      Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

                      Originally posted by Animefreak999
                      REALLY REALLY REALLY HARDCORE, like they praise the show and they've seen EVERY episode like 10 times. that hardcore of a fan,but even then i dont think a 10 would be it maybe a 8.9 or so
                      She'll prolly like it, then.

                      She said she especially wants to kill Marilyn Manson repeatedly because she hates them. Coming from the kid who watched Harriet the Spy about 100 times in the course of a week when she was younger, I wouldn't be surprised if she just sat and killed him over and over every time she plays.
                      So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                      In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                      So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                      And I write the blog for their website.

                      Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                      Comment

                      • Animefreak999
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2006
                        • 767

                        #26
                        Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

                        well good for her!let her play it all she wants!

                        Comment

                        • IronJesus
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 81

                          #27
                          Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

                          Oh, yeah.

                          Comment

                          • AasumDude
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2004
                            • 726

                            #28
                            Re: My sister bought Celebreity Deathmatch for PS2

                            Originally posted by ToshX
                            Just like how Dragonball Z games aren't that bad for fighting games on a public standard scale. Just because it has a bad marking in the name doesn't mean it's a bad game.
                            That's very true. I've really enjoyed the Budokai series.

                            As for celeb deathmatch, I knew it'd be a piece of crap doomed for the $3.99 discount bin at the local gas station.

                            Comment

                            Working...