Black is the new blue (screen of death)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evilbutterfly
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2003
    • 5784

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Black is the new blue (screen of death)

    nforcer, the 360s are still under the manufacturer's 90-day warranty that pretty much anything you buy is under. Microsoft is already liable to fix the 360s if people ask them to. Sony got that lawsuit against them because the things broke down after the warranty ran out, and since Sony was responsible for the breakdowns people got pissed off. All the lawsuit does is make Sony responsible for fixing the PS2s if they break down in that certain way. Microsoft won't face a similar lawsuit because they're already responsible for fixing them due to the warranty that I'm positive is there.

    And that is why I said what I said in my 2nd paragraph in my post a little bit above yours. :P

    EDIT: Following with what I said:

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...ic_id=23998032

    Gamers with console problems who call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and wind up needing repairs or a replacement 360 will have a prepaid shipping box overnighted to them. She said that typically said gamers will have a fixed or replaced 360 arriving at their door five business days later.
    Bill Gates isn't Harry Potter. He can't oculus repairo those things. They cost money. Lots of money if these problems are prevalent at all. Ouch. Not the end of the world, but ouch.

    However, it would appear that Microsoft doesn't care too much about losing money, they mainly just wanna kick Sony's ass and monopolize another market.
    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
    And I write the blog for their website.

    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

    Comment

    • soccr743
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2003
      • 549

      #17
      Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Black is the new blue (screen of dea

      Originally posted by evilbutterfly
      However, it would appear that Microsoft doesn't care too much about losing money, they mainly just wanna kick Sony's ass and monopolize another market.
      Well, remember that the loss from the console sale is nothing because they get ALOT of money from the games. I mean, who doesnt have like 5+ games a console.

      -Matt

      Comment

      • drake_legendz
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2004
        • 139

        #18
        I totally agree. This is just more anti-xbox, sony lovers propaganda. Totally blown out of proportian anyone can tell. cept people like fallen. He is a sony lover. But inside every sony lamer is an xbox lover. Juse like inside every iraqian there is an american trying to break out. Sony lovers are just pissed off because xbox 360 came out a year before ps3 because sony sucks. This is what happens when you leave the japanise in charge of money, AND releasing products. They ALWAYS have to have EVERYTHING 1 year in advance or they get all pissed off.
        Hey emo kid can I give u a suggestion.
        Try new johnsons baby shampoo

        NO MORE TEARS!

        How many emo kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

        NONE they all sit in the dark crying

        Comment

        • -Fallen-
          xqsite OG
          • May 2005
          • 2836

          #19
          Stan is politically inccorect. You sir fail at agreeing.

          I hate Xbox, so you are wrong about me loving Xbox deep down. You don't know what the fck you're talking about.
          One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
          BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

          Comment

          • 87x
            Retired Staff
            • Dec 2002
            • 4379

            #20
            Sounds like someone is in denial.


            RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
            87x: more like.. professional goth.

            Comment

            • jewpinthethird
              (The Fat's Sabobah)
              FFR Music Producer
              • Nov 2002
              • 11711

              #21
              Originally posted by drake_legendz
              I totally agree. This is just more anti-xbox, sony lovers propaganda. Totally blown out of proportian anyone can tell. cept people like fallen. He is a sony lover. But inside every sony lamer is an xbox lover. Juse like inside every iraqian there is an american trying to break out. Sony lovers are just pissed off because xbox 360 came out a year before ps3 because sony sucks. This is what happens when you leave the japanise in charge of money, AND releasing products. They ALWAYS have to have EVERYTHING 1 year in advance or they get all pissed off.
              I dont know if you are being sarcastic or not seeing as I dont think anyone can honestly type out "use like inside every iraqian there is an american trying to break out" and seriously believe it.

              I think this whole black screen of death nonsense, is just that: nonsense. And coming from a Sony fanboy, that means a lot. Just as the with the jazz behing the PS2/PSP problems. I have yet to have a problem any of my Sony products.

              Besides, this sounds more like Nintendo-fanboyism bullsh*t if anything. All Nintendo fanboys know that Nintendo has no chance in the console market, so they stoop to starting fights between Xbox and Sony fanboys. Don't even start up with that "but it's called the Revolution for a reason" bullsh*t. Not all Revolutions are for the better...take the Bolshevik Revolution, yeah, what a great outcome came about thanks to that. Just as a precaution, I am being sarcastic. Yet that doesnt mean this isnt what I believe.

              Comment

              Working...