Re: The Wii is Here.
Yep.
Oh, big surprise! A new Wii Channel just launched; the Everybody Votes Channel. You must first perform a Wii system update, and then download the channel from Wii Ware in the Wii Shop Channel.
With this channel, you can vote in general polls put up by Nintendo, register your Mii for choices, predict the most popular choice, and even suggest new polls. Data is kept based on your predictions and various other things. It only launched today, but it's a nifty feature, and a nice little present from Ninty for Valentine's Day. Give it a try!
The Wii is Here.
Collapse
X
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
Awww. Really? And is it being sold with remotes like in other regions?Leave a comment:
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
Wii Play just came out today or yesterday.
Not enough details on the Sonic title to say if it's a worthwhile title thus far.Leave a comment:
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
Is Wii Play out yet? Just wondering
And what's so great about the Sonic game coming out (when is it coming out?
P.S. I'm still posting from my WiiLeave a comment:
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
Yeah, Squeek, most 3d games aren't designed to work top down... So that argument is rather debunked. =\Leave a comment:
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
skateboarding = magic / sword fighting / arrow shooting / etc.
Seriously though, I do not mean to say that the 3D games have no merit; they're just a totally different game and I don't really like it.Last edited by Afrobean; 02-13-2007, 08:12 AM. Reason: I GUARANTEE I DID NOT EDIT THIS POST AND I CHALLENGE YOU TO PROVE THAT I DID.Leave a comment:
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
I started playing NES games since I first got an NES. It must've been at least 15 years ago.
I've played every Zelda game that has come out as they come out (sans the knock-offs).
That said, no, I don't think there's any adjustment needed to a 3D Zelda. It came naturally.
Actually, I prefer it. There's so much you can't do in a top-down view. Let's face it. In all the games that allow you to move the camera in a full axis of vertical rotation, do you give it a top-down view? I know I've tried in Afro's games of choice: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. You can't see ANYTHING. They have to continuously pan the screen.
Putting it in 3rd person 3D gives the game a better feel of realism. While I don't care about graphics as they are not the primary factor in determining a game's worth, I do feel that in this game, they just make it feel so much more natural.Leave a comment:
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
WOW. WOW. I thought I was the only one!Technically, I haven't ever played a 3D Zelda game seriously before. I played OoT a bit, but I think I only got as far as the first dungeon. I never even touched Majora's Mask or WindWaker. That little bit of OoT was enough for me to realize that I just couldn't stand the style of it (and TP has reinforced this opinion). It's a totally different game when you bring the third dimension into it. Really, I can deal with stupid puzzles like that when I love the game, but when I'm not into the style of it, it just ruins it for me.
I'm going to try to break this problem. However, I started out playing The Legend of Zelda at about age 3. I'm too attached to top-down Zelda.Leave a comment:
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
Technically, I haven't ever played a 3D Zelda game seriously before. I played OoT a bit, but I think I only got as far as the first dungeon. I never even touched Majora's Mask or WindWaker. That little bit of OoT was enough for me to realize that I just couldn't stand the style of it (and TP has reinforced this opinion). It's a totally different game when you bring the third dimension into it. Really, I can deal with stupid puzzles like that when I love the game, but when I'm not into the style of it, it just ruins it for me.Leave a comment:
-
Re: The Wii is Here.
Yeah, it definitely picks up after the learning curve, Chris. It assumes you've never played Zelda games before.
Though, admittedly, I got past the first dungeon and haven't really played it since. Elebits I play here and there. Warioware's a lot of fun right now. I've mainly been playing focusing on WoW, honestly. I got that at a bad time.
Edit: got 2 new Wiimotes for my birthday, though, so I have 4. Not directly useful right now, but it'll definitely be sweet later.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: