Paper Mario 2 The Thousand Year Door

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Paper Mario 2 The Thousand Year

    I was gonna bump it when I beat it, but decided not to.

    Also, I am the sole owner of a Kuroneko avatar. You're gonna have to change it.

    ~Squeek

    Comment

    • magister_negi_magi
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2005
      • 491

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Paper Mario 2 The Thousand Year

      Well, since this has already been bumped...This game was actually worth it, a pretty darn good sequel. The fighting engine is simple, but not to the point where it's too easy. I didn't think the badges were near as good, but try making a file with 99 BP, 5 HP, and about forty-five power rush badges, and you'll have a blast(Can't do this until the end of the 6th chapter, however). The storyline was immersive, with surprises and suspense in every chapter. Goombella's wit had me laughing throughout the entire game. Every other chapter there is a Bowser mini-game, a side-scrolling event similar to the original Super Mario Bros. Right when you start the mini-game, you'll start laughing. Every single cutscene with Bowser in it was hilarious, and you can even choose what Bowser says to alter responses from other characters, from typical King of Koopas talk to acting like an old turtle. I even went back and watched it again, just to say something different and enjoy the outcome. Even after beating the game, you can go back and finish everything about the game, all star pieces and badges collected, all recipes and tattles documented, all partners upgraded, all troubles completed, and getting to the bottom of The Pit of 100 Trails, so there's plenty to keep you going. Sadly, as is the trend with most RPGs, once you've done all this, the game isn't any fun anymore. Overall, a great game, very comedic, worth a go. Possible replay value, but not much.

      Congratulations, Nintendo. You did a good job on this one. Just don't screw up the Revolution.

      Comment

      • Squeek
        let it snow~
        • Jan 2004
        • 14444

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Paper Mario 2 The Thousand Year

        The best part is that I was reading up on the game after I finished it to see what else I could do and saw people struggling with the final boss. Like, HORRIBLE strugglage. They are like "I'm level 50 and I still cannot beat her!"

        Then I look at my profile and see that I never even got to level 30 by the time I beat it. I didn't have any problems and didn't even have to reload from a save file. It was my first try when I did it.

        People suck at video games.

        ~Squeek

        Comment

        • Omeganitros
          auauauau
          • Jun 2003
          • 8897

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Paper Mario 2 The Thousand Year

          No, Squeek. You were just smart enough to use that quick-switch badge.

          I have a few partners I would like thank.

          Goombella - Cutest. Thing. Ever. Also, definitely most important and powerful.
          Bobbery(Or whatever the name is) - You came in handy during the last few parts of the game. Your 9 FP attack is priceless.
          Custom-Named Baby Yoshi - Thank god for faster transport.
          Vivian - Fire=Awesome.

          All the others were absolutely useless, except Ms. Mouz (or whatever), who was only half-useless.

          Comment

          • white_boy
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2004
            • 1629

            #20
            I beat it...and i really enjoyed it.

            I wouldnt buy it tho...try renting it or something unless you like taking your sweet time through games, its not too long.


            Originally posted by businessman07
            white boy is my *****
            Proud to be businessman07's *****.

            Comment

            • revolution_mastr
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2004
              • 39

              #21
              1 bad thing about the game is the talking. who has the patience to read all that? not me, i hate reading, even though i love rpgs so very much.

              Comment

              • ToshX
                FFR Player
                • Feb 2004
                • 5111

                #22
                Originally posted by revolution_mastr
                1 bad thing about the game is the talking. who has the patience to read all that? not me, i hate reading, even though i love rpgs so very much.
                Isn't it ironic you joined a message board?

                Post 1337

                Comment

                • ndthatsme
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 78

                  #23
                  it was an awesome game and i think its worth buying
                  "It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what your not..." - Kurt Cobain

                  Comment

                  • vashthestampede0987
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 2997

                    #24
                    I like how you bumped a month old topic to write absolutly nothing worth value.
                    Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                    I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                    Originally posted by Synthlight
                    I hate myself.

                    Cheers,

                    Synthlight
                    xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                    xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                    Comment

                    • ToshX
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 5111

                      #25
                      If I see one more person with Stewie in their avatar... I'd bet LD's gonna post and lock it, and he just HAS to have a Stewie avatar...

                      Comment

                      Working...