Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sjoecool1991
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2006
    • 2302

    #16
    Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

    Looks pretty good, I have one problem with it though. Freaking bloom and glowy stuff still annoys me.

    Comment

    • MarioNintendo
      Expect delays.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Mar 2008
      • 4181

      #17
      Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

      I think the way things move could have been a tad more dynamic/less less slow, but hell that saying is only based on a trailer, I'd love to be proven wrong.

      Looks amazing.
      Long live the arcade!

      Comment

      • sennin13
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2012
        • 9

        #18
        Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

        Thanks all ^^

        Originally posted by sjoecool1991
        Looks pretty good, I have one problem with it though. Freaking bloom and glowy stuff still annoys me.
        Lol. We will have an option to turn off the bloom. It makes the particles so pretty though

        Originally posted by MarioNintendo
        I think the way things move could have been a tad more dynamic/less less slow, but hell that saying is only based on a trailer, I'd love to be proven wrong.

        Looks amazing.
        Hmm, care to elaborate a bit?

        Comment

        • sjoecool1991
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2006
          • 2302

          #19
          Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

          Originally posted by sennin13
          Thanks all ^^



          Lol. We will have an option to turn off the bloom. It makes the particles so pretty though
          Awesome, you just sold yourself a copy.

          Comment

          • xferrarix
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2009
            • 1091

            #20
            Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

            buying on release
            sigpic

            Comment

            • sennin13
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2012
              • 9

              #21
              Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

              Originally posted by sjoecool1991
              Awesome, you just sold yourself a copy.
              Ty, glad to hear it!

              Comment

              • StoneMcKnuckle
                FFR Player
                • May 2011
                • 790

                #22
                Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

                Looks really nice, definitely has my vote. I love how you're using gradients for the bullets as well. ;D

                Comment

                • kommisar
                  Dark Chancellor
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 7328

                  #23
                  Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

                  is the ending the lost issues of oscillator X comic?

                  Comment

                  • sennin13
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 9

                    #24
                    Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

                    Originally posted by StoneMcKnuckle
                    Looks really nice, definitely has my vote. I love how you're using gradients for the bullets as well. ;D
                    Ty I have probably redone the bullets about 5 times heh. About half of em use gradients I think, with the orange laser being my favorite
                    Originally posted by kommisar
                    is the ending the lost issues of oscillator X comic?
                    Lol. I had to go look this up, never knew they did a comic series.

                    Also. Per request from another forum we have made the enemy bullets pulse(shrink/grow) to the beat of each song
                    Last edited by sennin13; 09-12-2012, 01:00 AM.

                    Comment

                    • Frenegade
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 34

                      #25
                      Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

                      Looks like a pretty fun concept.

                      Comment

                      • sennin13
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 9

                        #26
                        Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

                        ***demo has been updated as of Sept 23***

                        The 2-stage demo is now available!

                        The playable stages are Dynamo(tier 1) & Esperanza(tier 2). Both of them are fairly basic in the rhythm department. Esperanza ramps up the shmup difficulty a little bit though. An interactive tutorial is also available when first launching the game, which is highly recommended!

                        Please note that Norton will detect the installer exe as "dangerous" and delete it when you try to run it(so you may have to turn it off while installing).

                        If you have any feedback, comments or problems with the demo, please let me know! Enjoy



                        1.01 change log:
                        -Added new graphic options for low,medium,high and max settings(defaulted to high)
                        -Added options to enable v-sync(enabled by default)
                        -Many optimizations to work on lower end computers
                        -Upon dying, the screen is now cleared of all bullets & upcoming notes
                        -Reworked many sections in both Dynamo and Esperanza to offer a more fair and enjoyable experience
                        -Increased the duration of the grade check marks after destroying an enemy
                        -Tutorial now points out the grade check mark
                        Last edited by sennin13; 09-23-2012, 02:35 PM.

                        Comment

                        • sennin13
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 9

                          #27
                          Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

                          Hey guys. We've been taking feedback and squashing bugs over the last few months with a soft release. A lot of you seemed pretty intrigued a few months ago when I posted this, so we're happy to announce that Rhythm Destruction is now officially available for $4.99 If you're still interested you can visit our website (http://rhythmdestruction.com/purchase.php).

                          If there's any probs just let me know and I'll get back to you asap. Also fwiw, the demo link in the above post still works but is pretty outdated(we've made quite a few performance optimizations since then along with some aesthetic & gameplay changes).

                          Comment

                          • devonin
                            Very Grave Indeed
                            Community Manager
                            Event Staff
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 10120

                            #28
                            Re: Rhythm Destruction - Rhythm/Shoot 'em up game for PC

                            This game looks amazing, but I would be SO BAD AT IT that unfortunately, I don't think I'll be buying it

                            Comment

                            Working...