TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #16
    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

    SOOOOOO

    Mistakes:

    #1: Iggy LYING about pychic situation. His lies ****ed me up bad, especially at the end of the game. Luckily he was able to scrounge out a win without me being around to help. Iggy, next time, tell the truth, at least to ME MOTHER****ER.

    #2: All of the people I jumped on. This is a two headed mistake. My mistake for reading between the lines too heavily on them, their mistake for sucking ass at making logical posts that don't have easily readable alternate meanings. For example, if I say "person x thinks we should lynch the seer" and person y tries to talk down the case on person x, that screams to me that they're both wolves and that person y is too stupid to realize that trying to save person x from a lynch is useless. That subtle, between-the-lines stuff. You guys need to be a LOT more careful, you need to be aware of the implications of what you're saying, and you need to be careful of who you're associating with. And when I say "associating with" I don't mean talking directly with. I never talked to fiction until the last day, but anyone reading through the first day would probably have associated us together. That's what I'm talking about. It's compatibility of goals, or possibly even showing off of "incompatibility". Also: when whoever that was voted for me and/or called me out as a possible wolf on the last day. Did you really think this was possible that I was a wolf? All I saw when I read that was "oh no! this guy wants me dead, maybe I should do what I can to kill him first!" If I play with these people again, and you know who you are, I want you to be a little more aware of what you're saying, or I assure you, I will jump all over you again.

    #3: The wolves never killing me. But was I right, or was I right? Fiction said it was likely one smart one was pulling the strings and choosing bad kills on purpose, but I was sure the 4 of them had no idea how to make good choices. They got lucky in getting the psychic night 2, but I know that wasn't their intent. No offense, a2p too, looking more at freakysnots. Oh, and I'm REALLY mad the wolves didn't catch on to my hinting. In at least a few posts, I made sure to pepper in overt hints that I was blue, that I was in on someting, but even that, combined with my activity, combined with the fact that iggy named me publicly day 1... should have been TOTALLY obvious to the wolves to kill me. I hope that at least some of the greens picked up on my hints and ****, because working that hard at it and not getting the payoff of being killed really bugged the hell out of me. Note: I knew iggy might've figured me as MW, so that, combined with my inability to feel like I was helping made me want a way to verify my role 100%, basically I saw 100% verification of my role as more important knowledge than my attempted railroadings of (who I now know to be) humans.

    #4: All of the people who even for ONE second entertained the notion that iggy might actually be red. I had a little extra info on my end (he had come to me day 1 to tell me I had been seer'd), but still, how could you possibly think that "gun was seer, iggy knew it and faked his role" is even POSSIBLE? I was so aghast with it all that I was going to publicly reveal in the thread that I had been seer'd night 1 just to instantly dispel the secondary possibility of iggy being a front chosen by the real seer to keep himself hidden. I was writing the post and told fiction about it and he ended up talking me out of it, but I honestly wish I had at this point. The wolves STILL probably wouldn't have bothered offing me.

    #5: Going on the notion that fiction might've been the "last wolf" (due to his VERY strange behavior on the last day mostly). I'm glad iggy pulled out a win in spite of actively lying to all of us (especially me), but if he hadn't, I don't think there was much of a shot after how vocal I had been against ruritsu and viccica, as well as suggesting that people reread the thread with psychic info in mind (which turned out to ALLLLLL be lies). And that bit of talking on aim I had with temote, and briefly with redherring I believe it was. Then again, now that I think about it, iggy lied about how many wolves there were left, so we had a couple additional days in reality... Can you imagine what would happen if it got down to like 4 people left and iggy was still saying there were 3 wolves left?

    #6: Roundbox never posting at all. I recommend we get some TWC-esque action in here. Ban this dude from signing up for a while. He shouldn't be able to remain on good terms when he posts like two times all game and each post is a safety vote and NOTHING else.

    #7: Iggy being sloppy with alliance dealings. Naming me and manti day 1 was a VERY bad idea. The execution was TERRIBLE and naming us both SHOULD HAVE made it clear that BOTH of us were in on something or would soon be in on something. I got the impression that iggy wanted to keep manti alive to seer him, but that apparently was not the case at all. The REAL way to keep him alive is to SUBTLY hint that you think he might be a wolf and leave it at that. Or hell, grab some cojones and just guard manti WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING IN THE THREAD ABOUT IT.

    Comment

    • emerald000
      the Mathemagician~
      • Nov 2005
      • 1320

      #17
      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

      1- I still don't get why iggy was faking psychic results. As soon as he makes a mistake, the wolves would know the psychic was dead. And that mistake came at the very start. That lie only hindered humans.

      3- Actually, we didn't get lucky on manti wolfing. From what we could see from the thread, he had a good possibility of being a blue. And afro, you were really too obvious trying to look out like a blue. It could be seen from miles around that you were faking it. I know you wouldn't do such stupid mistakes if you would have been a real blue.

      Comment

      • Bolth mannn
        FFR Veteran
        • Aug 2008
        • 2228

        #18
        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

        im confused as to why iggy seered me red and didnt tell anyone?

        Comment

        • FictionJunction
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 3843

          #19
          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

          keep you alive to gather more info, I suppose. kill you later through vigi

          it was a good idea if he had his sights on emerald but that doesn't seem like it was the case?
          Originally posted by j-rodd123
          wow

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #20
            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

            Originally posted by emerald000
            3- Actually, we didn't get lucky on manti wolfing. From what we could see from the thread, he had a good possibility of being a blue.
            There was no evidence suggesting he was blue. All that was suggested was that he was or soon may be in on something. Not necessarily blue. I read it as that he was going to be seer'd night 2. But again, this mistake falls on iggy's shoulders, him naming manti day 1 when he shouldn't have.

            And afro, you were really too obvious trying to look out like a blue.
            Find my clues then, I challenge you. Most of my posts were played as a person who had been seer'd green, since that's what I was. I think there was only one or two posts where I actually put hints to me being blue in it.

            It could be seen from miles around that you were faking it.
            Even so, I was clearly not being looked at by iggy, and I was clearly acting like I was in on something. Even if you were able to tell I was giving false clues, you still should have recognized that even if I wasn't really blue, I was in on something.

            I know you wouldn't do such stupid mistakes if you would have been a real blue.
            You'd be surprised what I can be capable of. Go back and read some of the games where I was red or blue. Total 180 from the sort of stuff I did in this game.

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            keep you alive to gather more info, I suppose. kill you later through vigi
            I told you this was probably the case when it happened and you didn't believe me!!!!!!!!!

            Keeping a wolf alive for a day when you know he's not the last one left doesn't hurt anything. All it does is let you gather more evidence, especially in a situation where the alliance leader is lying to everyone about cardflips.

            Comment

            • Makilaz
              TWG Princess
              • May 2006
              • 1094

              #21
              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

              Originally posted by Bolth mannn
              im confused as to why iggy seered me red and didnt tell anyone?
              He told me, which is why I vigi'd you.

              Comment

              • Viccica
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2009
                • 702

                #22
                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                Well that was a fun (but short) game.

                Afro, if you're going to call someone out (Ruritsu and myself), use names. We all know who you're talking about.





                Sorry I wasn't as active as I usually am. =/ Been busy, first week of classes and such.




                Sorry I doubted you, iggy.. :3
                Dear sirs,
                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                Sincerely,

                Your Client
                Eco Friendly
                ♥~Chu

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #23
                  Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                  Originally posted by Viccica
                  Afro, if you're going to call someone out (Ruritsu and myself), use names. We all know who you're talking about.
                  I'm quite sure you two weren't the only ones I attacked during the game. I was referring to EVERYONE I attacked during the game, and frankly, I don't even remember who all it was. Coming up through the last day, I was definitely throwing some choice words at fiction and redherring. Some of the things I said referred to you two specifically, but I mean it in general, especially the example of being aware of how posts look in connecting wolf-compatibility. You should be aware of the other players in game that you may become associated with.

                  It's not even just advice intended for humans. Wolves should be even more aware than anyone else what the implications of the things they say are. Everyone just needs to be extra aware of implications of what they say. Try just re-reading a post before making it with an objective point of view. Try to understand how players with other roles will view it upon reading it the first time. Try to understand how players with different information available will understand it. Try to understand how it might look if re-read later in the game.

                  Comment

                  • iggymatrixcounter
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 1924

                    #24
                    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                    long post coming, I'll explain EVERYTHING.

                    Good game guys, things went perfectly.... well almost lol. I'll post later.
                    lastfm
                    PANDORA

                    Comment

                    • RedHerring
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2009
                      • 86

                      #25
                      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                      When I saw "Cloverfield: POSTGAME" I was so surprised, and I thought the wolves won.

                      I'm still confused of why iggy lied about Psychic results in Day 1 (saying that Lito was a human)

                      I'm glad iggy choosed A2P as the lynching target in the last day. That was a good move at the end, although I didn't see too much basis on why we should lynch him.

                      Fun game, althought I started to be active Night or Day 2. In the first two phases nobody seems to be thinking anyhting about the game

                      And I'm not that grandpa, Clari.

                      Comment

                      • Bolth mannn
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 2228

                        #26
                        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                        Originally posted by RedHerring
                        I'm still confused of why iggy lied about Psychic results in Day 1 (saying that Lito was a human)
                        it was Day 2, and i believe manti had already died, so he was making up psychic results, i think...

                        we'll wait for iggys post.

                        Comment

                        • iggymatrixcounter
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 1924

                          #27
                          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                          HAHAHAHA!!!! Yes that was awesome.

                          Ok now I can up front with you all about what was REALLY going on this game.

                          I originally did not think lito was a wolf but after corpse looting his body and finding the camera, I sensed that he could have been. (The camera gave a human/non human result so it was aimed to find blues more than humans and wolves.) Plus lito's whole, "I'm going to vote myself to insta myself so my wolf friends can get my item" trick did not work because you cannot vote for myself. This is was a theory that I had but it was not strong enough to tell the thread that he was a wolf. I'm actually laughing that he was because at the time, I did not think he was but I insta'd him and corpse looted him SECONDS after I killed him. Very awesome to find the camera.


                          I used the camera night2 on roundbox and it came back human (which was 100% guaranteed since even the MW would have come back nonhuman. From that point on, I was bouncing ideas off him and telling him what I thought about certain things. I sent him ALL my information, via PM's in case I died, he would be able to use my info to keep the alliance going. A few people were given passwords in case roundbox wanted to confirm his leadership to them. It was a good situation. The only catch was that as long as I was alive he could not look at the PM's. He agreed with this and even though I told him some things, I doubt he knew EVERYTHING, but he had the information if he wanted it. It was a good system imo.


                          That same night temote and maki got items and temote came to me and I asked him to use it and tell me the results. I really needed to know where the gun was, if I asked temote to give it to me, I would have had to wait until the next night to use it. (He could not give it to me and use it in the same night, so meh it worked out good.) Temote told me maki had the gun and I contacted him as soon as I could.


                          I told maki to kill bolth because I seered him red. This was an unofficial way imo to “seer” maki as there are not many people who would be willing to vigi kill their own wolf friend.

                          Also I kept maki's gun and bolth's wolf seering a secret because I wanted to test whoever had the gun, to see if they would actually use it to kill a wolf. (If a wolf had the gun, they could kill me by using it along with their wolf pick, and the guardian would not be able to stop it.... so that was worrying me for awhile) Once I found bolth, I kept him for maki to kill to test him out without having to seer him. This proved to me like 90% that maki was human. However I had to make it look random because I thought that if the thread knew i told maki to kill bolth, maki would be wolfed. So sorry I kept that underground, like I said, I was protecting maki from the wolves.


                          I kept the psychic reports going to give the illusion that he was still alive. I did not count on the fact that the result was a total wolf population, I thought it was a card flip so that's why I gave it as one, and I thought that the wolves knew I was bs'ing it, but it helped me confirm afro more because he kept talking about the psychic and my results, so he acted genuinely fooled and therefore that rested my fears that I had seered the MW. Looking back, I probably should not have lied about this, but it helped feed the fact that maki was helping me out BIG time.

                          @afro: sorry for keeping you out of the loop this game, I wanted to work more with you but I figured you were MW. But I did want you alive because I invested a seer pick in you, you were worth being alive to me. And I was looking at your list of things that you call “mistakes” and I see my name in most of them lol, but you have to admit, I was getting wolves killed. I may not have known 100% that they were wolves (save for bolth) but I knew they were top suspects, even if I never gave my reasons. Lito I think was all you though, but towards the end of day1, I was beginning to think he was a wolf just seeing how he was dying and especially after I found the camera.

                          @ fiction: your poison really REALLY sucked but it helped me to almost confirm you and ruritsu as humans because there was no way a wolf with something to lose would come at me the way you two did. And you really helped with emerald because if you did not vote for him when I told you to, I do not think he would have died.

                          @ ruritsu: While I NEVER thought you were a wolf this entire game, your anger and persistence on the last day confirmed it, and I was not going to let you die, I fought and fought on AIM for a2p to keep you alive. You may not agree with my style, but you have to admit, I saved you from being killed and hit a wolf while doing it.

                          @ maki: you did a great job staying under the radar. I did not really give you anything but I think you were the only person that knew I seered bolth. Thanks for being loyal in keeping that to yourself. I wanted to protect you and I think it worked out pretty well imo.

                          @roundbox: dude.... awesome job hiding in the dark. When people came to me telling me, among others, that you were "out of the loop" that made me so proud to have chosen you as my number 2 man. If I died, I would have had full confidence in your ability to lead my under ground alliance I set up for you.


                          @vic: thanks for calling me a terrible seer XD. I hope you realize that most of my public tactics were a big ruse, in reality I had everything under control. My only fault with you is that you did not come to me until late. Which I guess is preference, but if I seered you it would have been a waste and I would have been a little mad.


                          @emerald: dude I thought you could be a wolf but was REALLY surprised to find out I was right. You had me fooled, but not enough to avoid total suspicion. Inactive wolves are easy to find for a seer, even if the thread never looks at you.


                          @a2p: the conversation I had with you gave you away imo. You tried to come off as an apathetic human but I took it more as a wolf that was caught and was not giving up any information.


                          Now it is true that I was pretty much the only human making any mistakes. I mean I was lying and shrouded in secrecy, shutting down the flow of information, but that's just my style as an alliance leader. I apologize to anyone who I angered this game. I only do it because, most of the time, I know exactly what I'm doing and do not need a lot of input to find wolves. It's good to know that while a few people hated it, the thread at least trusted my judgement. People like fiction and temote helped me lynch the best targets (emerald and a2p respectively), even though you did not think they were wolves. You went against your gut feeling and it helped out a lot. People like maki and roundbox kept it on the down low to protect vital information and other players.


                          If there are any other questions that I did not answer or need explained. I will tell you anything and everything you want to know. De-briefing is important to become a better player, especially if you had no clue as to what was going on.
                          lastfm
                          PANDORA

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #28
                            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                            Lito dying was all me

                            ALL ME

                            To be completely honest, the wolves had the absolute worst luck this game. Their item holder died d1 before he could use it, and then it got corpselooted by the seer (of all people). Their inactive got seered right away, and the two least obvious wolves got thrown under the bus with no confirmation whatsoever.
                            Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 09-15-2009, 04:42 PM.
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            • iggymatrixcounter
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Nov 2003
                              • 1924

                              #29
                              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                              Oh btw, the light was what temote had. It told you who had the items. That's how I found maki and his gun XD.

                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Mistakes:

                              #7: Naming me and manti day 1 was a VERY bad idea. The execution was TERRIBLE and naming us both SHOULD HAVE made it clear that BOTH of us were in on something or would soon be in on something.
                              I completely agree with this one. I immediately regretted naming manti. I tried to make up for it by saying I thought he was a wolf, but I had to try to keep him alive any way I could because he was a HUGE risk to die during the night. I would have never seered him, even if he was not the psychic. If he lived long enough, I would have just had him lynched, he's too risky imo any way I sliced it.

                              Originally posted by emerald000
                              1- I still don't get why iggy was faking psychic results..... That lie only hindered humans.
                              I knew it would hinder us, but think of it as more to confuse you guys when the whole vigi kill came around. But like I said, looking back, this was something I should not have lied about, but hindsight is always 20-20 XD.
                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              keep you alive to gather more info, I suppose. kill you later through vigi

                              it was a good idea if he had his sights on emerald but that doesn't seem like it was the case?
                              I did have my sites on emerald, but it was more of my experience of how a lot of wolves play their game than actual, objective information.
                              lastfm
                              PANDORA

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #30
                                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

                                Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                                @roundbox: dude.... awesome job hiding in the dark. When people came to me telling me, among others, that you were "out of the loop" that made me so proud to have chosen you as my number 2 man. If I died, I would have had full confidence in your ability to lead my under ground alliance I set up for you.
                                No.

                                You cannot commend a person for doing **** in the thread. I don't care what the **** your secret bull**** was, what he did in the thread should NOT be allowed.

                                And iggy, the reason I mentioned you so much tied all back to the one point of you lying for no good reason. We already knew manti was human when he died, you might as well have just told ALL of us that the psychic was dead too, since the wolves figured it out INSTANTLY. You don't ****ing lie about psychic results, that ****s everything up. Had we not gotten lucky with lito day one, or you with a2p on the last day, we would've been having a REALLY hard time figuring **** out through all of the lied role reveals. Well, that and I'm still pissed off that you thought it was a good idea to name manti and I day 1. VERY stupid, and I'm sure you realize it helped lead to manti being killed. Instead of giving us the BS about the guardian, you should have mentioned offhand that manti was suspicious (similarly to how I was PERHAPS), and not mention me at all. Like I said, you were toying with me as being MW, so me getting wolfed wouldn't have been bad, ESPECIALLY if me dying would have meant the psychic lived! You too need to be aware of the implications of what you say though. Look at what you say from an outside perspective so you can be sure you're not tipping your hand.

                                the thread at least trusted my judgement
                                At the end there, man, I didn't really. If I had been around, I wouldn't have voted for a2p. You gave us NO reason to (other than "because I said so"), and others had pointed out that freaky dropping out was typical of him being green.

                                People like fiction and temote helped me lynch the best targets
                                oh come on, I was the driving force behind emerald, I went for lito (to break a kib if I recall), and not to mention me being uppity about bolth too

                                :'(

                                Comment

                                Working...