TWG IX, Manhunt - Postgame Analysis

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HansSky
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2003
    • 1925

    #16
    I asked Squeek to do it for me, so don't blame him. I missed the last game, and I was going to miss this game because my availability wasn't great. Leave him alone, he had planned on having nothing to do with the game, that's why I asked him.

    Thanks guys, I thought I deserved SOME credit. But I guess not. Oh well.


    P.S. Guys...I'm starting to get more confident about my instinct. But I'll still try to play with reason and logic.
    hi

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #17
      Its nothing personal Hans. Not to you, not to Squeek, not to Afro, not to eb. It is just unfair to those who are able to be there at the specified time, and I feel bad that I kicked out one such case, and not another. And combine that with the fact that I told Squeek not to post for you.

      Regardless, its in the past.
      RIP

      Comment

      • Tsuteto
        FFR Player
        • May 2004
        • 1312

        #18
        Meh, more or less, TWG to me is really unentertaining. I like thinking quickly rather than over long term. That was the last game of TWG for me, so you guys don't have to worry about me being a plague upon your lives in it. I'll probably only be a helpful person to host jTWG games, and that's it. I know nobody would want me to host any TWG game whatsoever, so I'll settle for less.

        Later.

        Comment

        • nforcer06164
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 4772

          #19
          Wow, that ended fast... I didn't expect an instalynch. But who did I talk to? Was I right? Q really didn't want to play this game. It seemed so, I was right. Too bad I was too late to make it into Infiltration. It seems applications closed as TWG IX ended. Oh well. Maybe next time.

          Great job, Alain. The was a really great job figuring out Guido. It didn't get too interesting... what, only eight pages? And two days? Oh well. At least we avenged blah :P

          PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
          Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
          Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

          Originally posted by Squeek
          My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

          Comment

          • Squeek
            let it snow~
            • Jan 2004
            • 14444

            #20
            Tass - No you didn't.

            I didn't save the conversation, but when you said "No" you were CLEARLY referring to whether or not you would tell me his role over AIM. Had you said "Don't post for him." I would have listened.

            Chardish - If you were dead, why did you tell Blah?

            ~Squeek

            Comment

            • blahblah18
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2004
              • 1662

              #21
              it was solely because I was wondering if there was a chance of cheating or not.
              Like I said, it was Hans that told me.
              but for now... postCount++

              Comment

              • Tasselfoot
                Retired BOSS
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2003
                • 25185

                #22
                Stop Drop and Di (7:09:50 PM): Hey, just so you know, Hans asked me to sign up for him, so if you need to tell him anything tonight, you tell me.
                TasselFoot (7:10:01 PM): no.
                Stop Drop and Di (7:10:05 PM): Ok then.
                RIP

                Comment

                • User6773

                  #23
                  Tass told me that Afro couldn't play because EB signed up for Afro...I figured if Squeek signed up for Hans, the same rules should apply to everyone. At the very least people should be entitled to know that.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #24
                    I'm not so dissappointed that I got booted from this game. I can understand it. While I would have been able to see the message eventually, the game would have been delayed a lot if I were the wolf, and anyone who talked to me on AIM would know that I was away, so it wouldn't be hard to peg me as wolf or human depending on if the game was delayed or not. I am a little perturbed, however, that someone else's plan for signing up in the way I did didn't get booted, but like Tass said, "it's in the past," so I don't really care.

                    Also, I think I should say that Guido didn't do too bad of a job, because even up til the very end, I didn't suspect him. I wasn't privvy to all the AIM convos that all of you were though, so I could have missed something there.

                    PS I missed signups to go to Benihana, also known as the best Japanese restaurant EVER. Seriously, I recomend that everyone go to Benihana, even if it means missing the signups for TWG.

                    Comment

                    • Squeek
                      let it snow~
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 14444

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                      Stop Drop and Di (7:09:50 PM): Hey, just so you know, Hans asked me to sign up for him, so if you need to tell him anything tonight, you tell me.
                      TasselFoot (7:10:01 PM): no.
                      Stop Drop and Di (7:10:05 PM): Ok then.
                      so if you need to tell him anything tonight, you tell me.

                      Saying "no" infers that you disagree with my final statement. If you'd've said "You can't sign up for him" or "Don't do that" I would've not done it and had to explain to Hans why he missed the game.

                      Consider making the signup thread a day in advance.

                      ~Squeek

                      Comment

                      • Tps222
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 6169

                        #26
                        Wow, that was a quick game. I did have suspcions of gudo, but it was just gut, no good evidence, so i didn't post anything. I was surprised i was killed night 2, untill i saw blah's strategy of keeping active players. I would have been more active, but i had to watch the Jets game. I was so mad after it, i didn't do anything for the rest of the game. I was on aim occasionaly, and talked to afro and blah numerous times, but i guess I needed to post more.

                        All in all, it was a good game played by Guido. It was even better played by the humans. I plan on being much more involved in TWG X, (jets season being over an all). Also, have we decided when it is going to be, and who is going to host it, or are we breaking for infiltration, and start another TWG after that?

                        Comment

                        • User6773

                          #27
                          Infiltration, then TWG X. I hope TWG X will be a fairly normal game. I'd like to see a "classic" TWG - just seer, guardian, and psychic. Can you believe the last time we had a game with no masons or master wolves was TWG III?

                          (I know psychic is more popular on FFR than most other places, but it's been a mainstay here. It was one of the roles that was here before people started getting fancy.)

                          I think a return to a simpler TWG will allow people to refine their tactics a bit more.

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #28
                            IT WILL ALLOW FOR MY AMAZING ALLIANCE OF HOTNESS TO THRIVE ONCE MORE!

                            or, uh... am I banned from TWG X? If so, make TWG XI the oldschool game.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • evilbutterfly
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2003
                              • 5784

                              #29
                              Or X and XI could be oldschool.

                              Btw, I don't think we should do lone wolf again.

                              Also, I stopped really reading the thread after Delta (whatever his name is) posted fifty million pages of AIM convos. I just basically said tl;dr to the whole thread after that.
                              So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                              In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                              So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                              And I write the blog for their website.

                              Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                              Comment

                              • User6773

                                #30
                                Dear Infiltration players:

                                READ THE INFILTRATION THREAD

                                Comment

                                Working...