TWG VII Postgame Banter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evilbutterfly
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2003
    • 5784

    #91
    Originally posted by stretchypanda
    At least not about anything related to the game.. and I'm told you sent the one conversation we had to someone else for "analysis."

    As much as Tass annoys me during this game (I wanted to keep you alive to the end just to rub that "allstar" bullshit in your face), I don't think he should be banned. He takes it FAR too seriously, but it should be his choice to quit playing, not ours.

    AS FOR THE REST OF YOU:
    The fact that you follow someone so blindly makes it outrageously easy to kill you. This game was put in the CT forum because it was supposed to spark our creativity and (dare I say it!) ability to THINK CRITICALLY. I'm starting to agree with Q that it should be taken from this forum, because it really has nothing to do with critical thinking. Yes, this latest story was excellent and should have inspired us to great works of thought and roleplaying, but it DIDN'T. It was a bunch of sheep following the sort-of intelligent-sounding guesses of one person. I'm suspicious that LD continued to rely on Tasselfoot's judgement even after we killed Tass. That's freaking ridiculous, people. Play this game for YOURSELF. The power you give Tass makes it possible for him to manipulate any of you, whether he is a human or a wolf.

    Chardish mentioned getting rid of alliances. All I have to say about that is, in the real game, with cards, a narrator, and people sitting in a circle in their living room, there are no alliances. I'm a purist. Whatever.

    And as for this nonsense about my gathering of information being illegal. Bull. Guido originally told me he was human. The conversation went a little like, Panda: "Damn, nothing special. Again. You?" Guido: "Nope. I was a mason last time." And then I voted for LD and Jpec died. Jpec had been a mason before the role-reassigning, and Guido got a little confused and thought he, LD, and Jpec were masons, so he mentioned that he'd messed up in letting Jpec die, and when I asked why, he told me he was a mason. After accidentally signing into AIM under Guido's screenname (curse you, auto log-in!), I got the already mentioned IMs from LD and Eyespew. Guido told me LD was a mason so that I wouldn't vote to lynch him anymore. You make it sound like I performed sexual favors in return for the information I received. There was nothing illegal about it -- that kind of information is shared in alliances, and I (albeit accidentally and unwillingly) found myself sort of wedged in an alliance. I will admit I felt sort of ashamed when, after being asked if he had seen my PM, Guido replied, "No, we have honor." Oops.

    As for killings.. Cypher was kind of a random pick. At the time the vote to kill him was sent, Alain didn't even know he was playing the game. I just mentioned to Afro that I thought Cypher would make a good night 1 (and then I felt guilty when I learned about your cool siggie). Afro, I think, thought all the wolves had to send in a PM about who should die, so he PMed Chardish and told him to kill Cypher. Whoops. Game on! Sorry, buddy.

    I should mention, now, that I had an elaborate post typed up, but my computer has been blocked from the intarweb, so I'm using my roommate's computer. Sigh.

    Anyway. After night 1, things got tricky. The three wolves had one AIM chat together where we shared strategy. Then we decided that, since I would be at Guido's house for a large part of the game, conversation with me and either Alain or Afro would be too risky, since (to Guido's knowledge, at least), I've never spoken to either of them, and since Guido knows I think the alliances are a bad idea, he'd know I couldn't have any good reasons to talk to them at this point. So when I left for Waco, all I knew was that EB was the guardian and he was the next pick for a violent death. :/ I was tired enough when Guido announced the next death that I actually found it kind of hard to feign surprise.

    When I found out the special roles (save for Eyespew), I had maybe five minutes to myself, while Guido was distracted by family, to have a quick IM conversation with Afro and to send very cryptic, short PMs to Alain giving him the information I had, and a tidbit I'd picked up reading over Guido's shoulder (Eyespew: If me or LD dies, it was Tass). Alain chose the next two kills (Emccky and Tass), and the night I left Guido's house was the night Alain went out of town. He sent me a PM with his plan for the rest of the game, his password, a phone number where I could reach him, and a post he'd written.

    This is where I panicked. I didn't think I could do it -- I had to work, I had to avoid the suspicions of my boyfriend, and now I had to be two people?

    But, like I said, the blind following the blind made it pretty easy. I just had to play into the image of the simple-minded girlfriend-of-genius many people have made for me, and watch how the bandwagons went. Instalynches became my best friend.

    While I ultimately enjoyed playing this, and got lots of laughs from my conversations with clueless humans...
    Panda: I think you're right about Afro, Blah, and Hans
    Eyespew: It's definitely more information than we've had any other game. Being a mason lets you use the process of elimination.
    (note: above conversation is from memory, all the logs are on my worthless, blocked computer)
    ...I will most likely be sitting out for a while. School is starting, and I have to get my ass in gear if I have a prayer of successfully transferring to a much, much better school. I've also been cast in a play that will take up most of my time starting Monday, and I'm still on the crew team, and spring is always very busy for us. So it's possible that I may come here just to play or to watch Guido on the cam I got him for Christmas. =)

    Thank you many, TWG.
    QFT

    And Afrobean, I think that would have been a better idea as well. You could have easily pinned it on Tass because people think he'd immediately be wolfed. When the psycic was killed, they had no way to know for sure that you were a wolf.
    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
    And I write the blog for their website.

    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #92
      well said also panda... but, a few things.

      1. i think i talked to you for about 20 seconds before you left for waco, and not about TWG... so, i had no twg conversation with you this game...
      2. i talked with alain for about 20 seconds also. it went like this... Blah: i told Alain we all jumped on him. Me: WTF would you do that for?!?! Alain then votes for me... I IM Alain and try to reason with him (obviously that wouldn't do any good, same thing with Afro... but at least he got his just due)
      3. who followed me blindly? EB told me and Afro he was the guardian... good plan in theory, in that 1 was the wolf, and that person was lynched for killing him... LD (and later eyespew) came to me as a mason... and i worked WITH him this game. in no way did any of the masons follow me blindly. i figured out on my own that guido was the 3rd, but i was never told that. nor did i talk to guido at all this game either.
      4. i'm fairly confident that had you kept me alive, at least alain would have died. most likely you would have still won panda, but it would have just been you, and it would have been close. of course this is just my opinion...
      RIP

      Comment

      • flypie743
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2004
        • 3210

        #93
        Are people from the jTWG allowed to sign up for the real TWG?

        IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

        Comment

        • Tsuteto
          FFR Player
          • May 2004
          • 1312

          #94
          Hey, I've already been killed the first night, so I'm pretty sure I'm allowed.

          Comment

          • flypie743
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2004
            • 3210

            #95
            Yeah, I mean the people who are still playing in jTWG. I don't think it is fair that the main players of TWG don't get spots, especially when the jTWG people are still in their own game...

            IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #96
              Originally posted by flypie743
              Are people from the jTWG allowed to sign up for the real TWG?
              Yes, Chardish came to the jTWG signups thread and said that jTWG members would not be turned away from the next TWG.

              EDIT: if others feel the same as Flypie about jTWG people who are still playing, I'd gladly step out of jTWG for the real one.

              Comment

              • flypie743
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2004
                • 3210

                #97
                I mean if they are already in a game I don't think it is fair that they can be in TWO games at the same time. You know? But it they are dead that is another story. If they are active/alive in jTWG I don't think it is fair to other people that want to play in TWG.

                IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                Comment

                • JurseyRider734
                  lil j the bad b-word
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 7507

                  #98
                  I pm'd Chardish and he said I could sign up.
                  Originally posted by Arch0wl
                  I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                  the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                  Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                  Comment

                  • Lupin_the_3rd
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 2665

                    #99
                    Originally posted by flypie743
                    I mean if they are already in a game I don't think it is fair that they can be in TWO games at the same time. You know? But it they are dead that is another story. If they are active/alive in jTWG I don't think it is fair to other people that want to play in TWG.
                    Some people playing jTWG have also been waiting a long time to get in...

                    I'd gladly step out of jTWG, but I don't see the point. Thankfully, Chardish is allowing us to play.

                    Comment

                    • alainbryden
                      Seen your member
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 2873

                      #100
                      No matter how often you all say I screwed up, remember that my strategy kept me alive and won the game.
                      ~NEIGH

                      Comment

                      • flypie743
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 3210

                        #101
                        Originally posted by Lupin_the_3rd
                        Originally posted by flypie743
                        I mean if they are already in a game I don't think it is fair that they can be in TWO games at the same time. You know? But it they are dead that is another story. If they are active/alive in jTWG I don't think it is fair to other people that want to play in TWG.
                        Some people playing jTWG have also been waiting a long time to get in...

                        I'd gladly step out of jTWG, but I don't see the point. Thankfully, Chardish is allowing us to play.
                        That's cool.

                        IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                        Comment

                        • blahblah18
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2004
                          • 1662

                          #102
                          I'm hesittant about it.. if it was 1 person, its fine, but you now have people with 2 roles in 2 games at the same time.... I do not like it at all... people are going to f-u-c-k up ROYALLLY... they'll forget who they're talking to in waht circumstance, etcetera
                          but for now... postCount++

                          Comment

                          • flypie743
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 3210

                            #103
                            if it was 1 person, its fine, but you now have people with 2 roles in 2 games at the same time
                            :Insert ditto emoticon here:

                            IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                            Comment

                            • stretchypanda
                              shock me shock me
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 4123

                              #104
                              I'm not talking this game alone, Tass. You call yourself the allstar of the game. The fact that people depend on you to win the game is what leads to their downfall. There are plenty of instances in which players have voted with you just because you seem to know what you're doing.

                              Personally, I think it would have been unwise to leave you in. I wanted to. I really, really, really did, but it was just too risky. Even if I wasn't a wolf, and even if you had nothing to go on, I have no doubt that your "allstar" status alone would take me out any day. All you'd have to do is suggest to LD or someone else that you sort of suspect I might be a wolf, and I'm out. Arguing with you would have just made me seem more like a wolf, because no one but a wolf would go against the great Tasselfoot. Even in the situation with Afrobean, there was really nothing but one person's word against another's, and you happened to be the more prominent figure in the argument, so everyone sided with you. Sure, Afro didn't handle the situation well, but look back to the last game I played -- Kefit was killed, the obvious wolf seemed to be Kilga. He argued and argued, and through lies, the rest of the humans were convinced he was a wolf and he was lynched. The same thing happened here, with slightly different circumstances, and Afro ended up losing this one. Had I been at home, I would have advised him to back off of you a little. But whatever, it's over. I'm not saying it's your fault that people follow you so. It's really not. You're a smart guy, very clever, very shrewd, and quite ruthless. You're definitely someone I wouldn't mind having on my side in a game like this. I'm saying I'd love to see proof of more people actually thinking independently in this game (No more, "Well, Tass is dead, but he said he thinks ______").

                              And about that conversation. All I remember is talking to you about the "guido + panda = babies" comment, and telling you you win at life. Then I heard you sent it to someone else to look for anything suspicious. THAT'S a tiny bit ridiculous.

                              Comment

                              • Kilgamayan
                                Super Scooter Happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 6583

                                #105
                                So people who can post in locked topics get a guaranteed spot?

                                rofl.

                                That's fair.
                                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                                Comment

                                Working...