TWG VI - Post Game

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #16
    Here's how the conversation went for the wolves.

    Night 1 - We had to kill someone. Here's what we did. I took the smart / good players and put them into pile a. I took the new / bad players and put them into pile b. I took the rest and gave my teammates the list of choices. EB was a perfect choice. He stirred up action last game and is a regular poster.

    Day 1 - Everyone is confused. Kefit didn't die? What? Omega says he's the seer? OK... Nobody is looking our way and things are looking good. Suddenly, Snapps decides to stop kidding around and votes Cypher. Tass saves our lives and we move into Night 2.

    Night 2 - We figured that at this point, we could safely remove one of the players since Tass had established a decent foundation. Q voted me anyway, so I got him back for it.

    Day 2 - Same situation. Anybody wants Q out, right Tass? Thanks for that as well. You're really helping us out here. We would have let you help us more, but we had the opportunity to kill you, so we did.

    Night 3 - Q was easy to kill, why not Kilga? Sorry Kilga. You're too good to be in that long.

    Day 3 - Still disarray. Alain ends up getting 5 votes and Blahblah makes a really stupid decision by not voting and attempting to get people to vote Kefit when there's already one vote left for an instalynch. I place my vote and prepare to back it up. Oh, by the way Blah, I heard every one of your conversations. Cypher and Hans helped me out with that.

    Night 4 - Blah is onto us? Blah is gone!

    Day 4 - ANOTHER disarrayed round. I defend my vote and everybody believes me. Scattered votes everywhere, and hardly any go our way. Score.

    Night 5 - Say goodbye to Kefit. Seer or not, we didn't really care. We knew the guardian was dead.

    Day 5 - We had this won either way, so don't blame 87x. If the vigilante was dead, we'd have all voted Hans. Since 87x vigilante'd, we picked out his flaw, exploited it, and won.

    GG guys.

    Tass - Don't blame Kefit. With the MW in play, the seer really can't trust anyone. He DID seer you, though. Too bad it didn't help much, since you were dead in 2 days.

    Announcements.

    1) I would be willing to host anytime in the future. Put me on the host list for every future game.

    2) I quit. That's right, I quit. I really didn't want to play again and only did so for Omega's sake. He ended up getting in on time and I didn't feel the need to drop out. I figured I could finally play the game as a human...obviously I'm not allowed to play this game as a regular role (A joke, chill out).

    The real reason I am quitting is because this game is a real shot to my morals. I hate lying to people under any circumstance. Hans and I became pretty good internet buddies from this game and the entire time he had his trust placed in me. I hated every minute of our conversations about this game because I knew everytime I said something, I had to lie. I'm not the kind of person for this game, even though we really just won with flying colors this time around.

    Also, I'd like to mention that this game is far too stressful for me to play in. I actually DID lose sleep over this game and probably failed one of my finals thinking about what to do next.

    ~Squeek

    PS - LD, to say it again, I apologize for getting angry at you over AIM. I ask that you clarify the rules for future games.

    PPS - Is it just me, or did the story really get nowhere? What was the point of killing people? What was the point of even going on a hike after doing this act? We could have easily just stayed outside the city limits...not like any of the hikers would have noticed ouir presence or anything like that. I've got some good story ideas for my games to come that actually work.

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #17
      Humans, stop being so suspicious. Seriously, I was SURE that Omega and Hans were wolves just because of their suspiciousness.

      Also, I'm not too suspicious, so I'm not sure why people voted for me. It's actually funny; I'm accepted as human by basically everyone. Somewhere during the day when I was lynch'd, someone said they thought I was suspicious and lots of others jumped on. I knew the humans were screwed once they were tricked into lynching me, a human with nothing suspicious really going on. In fact, I posted lots of advice in my "OMG i r dead" post about what the humans should do to win it. Then Cypher I believe it was IM'd me and told me that lengthy death posts were frown'd upon, so I shorten'd it. It didn't matter much though, because 87x did exactly what I suggested, he just didn't get a wolf.

      Comment

      • Squeek
        let it snow~
        • Jan 2004
        • 14444

        #18
        Afro -

        Originally posted by Squeek from TWG I
        General Tip - Argh. People, STOP ACTING SUSPICIOUS. DO THINGS NORMALLY. BE NORMAL.
        I do say I was normal the entire time. LOOK WHERE IT GOT ME.

        Honestly, it's so simple. If you don't want to draw suspicion to yourself, do things normally. You guys killed yourselves the entire game. I'm surprised Omega wasn't gone within a day.

        ~Squeek

        PS - Campaign. I will remove the vigilante and try out 2 masons. Let's see if people can handle the concept of new things.

        Comment

        • CypherToorima
          Boss of all bosses
          • Jul 2003
          • 2452

          #19
          I'm a figantic gaggot

          Comment

          • flypie743
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2004
            • 3210

            #20
            I would also like to host the next TWG. I have some good ideas up my sleeve and I think it could be a lot of fun. I have had interest in running a TWG since the 1st one, and I promise I will do a good job.

            /campaign

            IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

            Comment

            • evilbutterfly
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2003
              • 5784

              #21
              You guys mention new ideas, but only Squeek has told us these ideas so far. Tell us what you're changing and you'll get more votes (if it's good as you say it is).
              So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

              In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

              So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
              And I write the blog for their website.

              Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

              Comment

              • blahblah18
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2004
                • 1662

                #22
                OK guido, a vote for me should go to cypher, because the ideas i told you i'm ahving, I gave to cypher, we've worked them out, and he's gonna run it. It should be very good, and different then all the other games. I strong ly reccomend it so we can have a big variation compared to the other games.

                Now onto analysis... despite what you say tass, I think I did what I had to do, and I figured out all wolves and if it wasn't for Hans being an absolute moron, the humans would have actually won.
                Here's what you have to realize... that aim convo between hans and kefit shoudl have been 100 % proof that they both were human!!! Hans goes to Kefit and tells him that he strongly thinks I'm a wolf... then I die that night; If hans is a wolf, then he would never even bring my name up to kefit, if kefit is a wolf he would never post that convo... I sent PMs and IMs to Hans 87X cypher and Afro, knowing that either Hans or cypher was a wolf. I did this to hopefully lure one out to make it obvious which one it was... I then realized by doing it that odds are I'm going to die at night... Obviously Hans took that as proof that I must be a wolf cuz no way was it possible for me to actually be able to see the obvious.

                Squeek was a wolf cuz he was way too quiet and came in to close out the instalynch as I was changing it. It then came down to cypher being a wolf or Eyespew/kefit being a wolf... and I didn't know which ones was which until Kefit posted that IM convo, which made me know that he was human and Hans was human, which meant cypher was the second wolf, and process of elimination brought TPS to be the third wolf... but like Cypher said, I was already dead at that point. If Hans doesn't act as such a dumbass and incur ewveryone's suspicion, then maybe the other humans could've pierced it together adn at least taken the alliance I made and ran with it. But oh well.....
                but for now... postCount++

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #23
                  stop campaigning. this is the post game for twg6, not the commercials before twg7.

                  as far as for the rules/signups stuff... the people that hurt the game are the ones that are apathetic towards it. the 3 i named have been / will continue to be half into it... so why let them play? who cares that i'm the only person to play in all 6 TWGs... i've managed to get in during the signup phase for every game.

                  and, i will say once again... the MVP should get a free entry into the next twg. NO ONE ELSE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD BE ALLOWED EARLY ENTRANCE.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • evilbutterfly
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2003
                    • 5784

                    #24
                    What about 1st day kills? I think that should be one other exception (not just for me. I know I'll sign up in time, but I just think it's more fair that way).
                    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                    And I write the blog for their website.

                    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                    Comment

                    • Squeek
                      let it snow~
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 14444

                      #25
                      Hey, Blah? Which of you two lasted until the end of the game? Huh? Oh, right. It wasn't you. Stop raggin on the new player. He obviously knew more of what he was doing than you did.

                      You thought only ONE wolf was in on your alliance. Well, if your alliance meetings are made public to all wolves, you're kinda screwed buddy. If you assumed one wolf was in on it, why didn't you assume he'd tell everyone else?

                      There's no way to blame this on just one person. We played you all like a fiddle. It was obvious with the voting patterns; there was no rhyme or reason to any of them. Just admit it, you lost hardcore and you're all to blame for it.

                      ~Squeek

                      Comment

                      • User6773

                        #26
                        Fun game to watch; I keep forgetting I wasn't involved in this one. I keep thinking this was Game 5 and I was wolfed on Night 2. Guess not.

                        Well-played by the wolves, I'm amazed that not a single one of you got taken out. Amazing job.

                        Squeek: remember that it's a game, and I'm willing to lie to someone within the context of the game. TWG is a game of lying and figuring out who's lying. That is all it is. If you're not the kind of person who enjoys lying for sport in a game, or you don't enjoy detective work, the game's not for you. I think it's fun.

                        Tass and I are working out some ideas for masons for TWG VII. I'd like to host, and most of you guys already know I can do it fairly well. And I'm working on a story that should have a better climax than "the terrorists did it for the hell of it."

                        Comment

                        • GuidoHunter
                          is against custom titles
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 7371

                          #27
                          Originally posted by MrESqueek
                          Hey, Blah? Which of you two lasted until the end of the game? Huh? Oh, right. It wasn't you. Stop raggin on the new player. He obviously knew more of what he was doing than you did.
                          That does NOT mean someone's good. All it means is that he's not good enough to threaten the wolves enough to kill him and that he can keep himself away from a lynch (or just be lucky enough for someone else to be just that much more suspicious that he doesn't die).

                          Take Snapps last game. We (the wolves) wanted him around because he didn't contribute to the humans' cause in the slightest.

                          --Guido


                          Originally posted by Grandiagod
                          Originally posted by Grandiagod
                          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                          Comment

                          • Squeek
                            let it snow~
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 14444

                            #28
                            As for this game, it means that they flew under the radar until the end, which was extremely difficult to do. You basically had to be wary of every single line of text in your post. A single misintepretation meant game over for you.

                            We kept a few people in since they were actually helping us out as well. Anybody that continuously voted another human for the same reason over and over again wasn't worth killing at night.

                            ~Squeek

                            Comment

                            • User6773

                              #29
                              Flying under the radar is good for a wolf but not a human. If you're a human who survives to the end of a wolf-won game, you still lose.

                              Comment

                              • blahblah18
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2004
                                • 1662

                                #30
                                exactly, I think that at least I tried, as opposed to what everyone else was doing , which was nothing... I tried to form an alliance, and I tried to give the humans a chance.
                                but for now... postCount++

                                Comment

                                Working...