jTWG XI Postgame

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Torlock
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2004
    • 475

    #16
    Did I at least seem less retarded this game?

    Comment

    • TSAGod
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 111

      #17
      Mead, you lost the game of probability.

      There were two seered humans, yourself, and three others.

      One of the seered humans could have been the master wolf, with a slight possibility that none of them were.

      You weren't a wolf, and you knew that.

      Two (or possibly three) of the others was a wolf.

      The seer you knew to be newly deceased is dead.

      You had three realistic options...
      • Take the 50% chance of getting the master wolf, or losing the game.
      • Have a 67% chance of getting a normal wolf and more information, or losing the game.
      • Resurrect the seer, stalling the game for one more day, getting one more seering, at least one (maybe two) definate wolf and more information, assuming he is not murdered, which is unlikely, but could help to expose the wolves.


      You chose the one that had the worst possibility of success...resurrecting the seer would have at the worst case done nothing.

      Originally posted by B3NJ1
      I don't have any leads on who a wolf might be but the smart thing to would be to revive me.
      He even asked for the resurrection.

      Torlock, you made more sense, but it still doesn't convince me that you are good. It seems like you could, or are, good, and I suppose that you weren't as obvious this game, but I'd like to see you as a human.

      Comment

      • Torlock
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2004
        • 475

        #18
        Fair enough, thanks.

        Comment

        • FishFishRevolution
          GotR Creator
          • Nov 2003
          • 7251

          #19
          I wanted to see TSA in this one, too bad he got wolfed right away. Jurs, post, I wanna hear your side of this whole thing.

          Comment

          • mead1
            Cerebellumberjack
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2003
            • 3960

            #20
            Ressurection was impossible. The wolves wouldn't have voted for it so we would have been atleast 1 short of a res. You forget something TSA, I wasn't suspicious of freed, so I would have done the same thing, but directed at Torlock or Spaceboy, but since neither of them had phantoms, we would have lost still. I'm not saying I didn't lose the game for the remaining humans, but I had decent reasoning behind what I did. Probability is irrelevant in a game that is all about relationships and suspicions. Sure statistically you may have a better chance going one way, but a conversation you had with someone else might make you want to go with them. You can scowl at my decision all you want, but if you had lived, you wouldn't have gotten to where I was. You wouldn't have done anything like what I did, because statistically, it's a horrible idea to fake a seer as a green, especially without knowing the seer first. In this game you have to make decisions. Sometimes they work out, other times they don't. I stand by my decision to the end. I made the best guess I could, and if it was wrong, ok, it's just a game. If I hadn't stepped up and did that whole thing, the game might have gone differently for the humans, it might not of, but it definately wouldn't have been as interesting. I feel this was the best game I've ever played, personally. I've been on the winning end of TWG before, but I was always a follower, and never really contributed. Maybe next time it'll work out better for the humans, but it was a great experience.

            Comment

            • JurseyRider734
              lil j the bad b-word
              • Aug 2003
              • 7507

              #21
              Um, I just want to say that I was basically the only active wolf. I never consulted freed or Torlock on basically anything after Day 2 or 1. They just kinda sat there and usually did what I told them. I basically felt like I was the only wolf.

              @gonzo: You didn't get wolfed because you voted freed, I decided to wolf you because I wanted to wolf stupid people that had no input and no one cared about. That way, no one would be resurrected and I wouldn't have to worry about it.

              Yeah, thats why I kept killing people and confusing you all. The only reason I wolfed them was because they were inactive/new/dumb. The only one time I wolfed someone who I THOUGHT might have known something was nick. I knew he didn't really have much to go on, but I decided i'd make sure he didn't get resurrected.

              Um, I want to say congratulations to myself for staying alive, and to Torlock and Freed for doing what I told them to do. Bffl guys! <33333

              Kidding. mead and chickendude were probably the only good humans. Nick could have been if he was alive, but alas, he wasn't. Oh, well.

              On that note, I'll just let you know i'm playing TWG from now on, as interesting as this was. It was pretty easy. glhf
              Originally posted by Arch0wl
              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

              Comment

              • TSAGod
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 111

                #22
                Ok...this is starting to get flame-y, and that was not its intention. You gave your information, the strategy I divised could have come from anybody. I'm not only stating problems with mead, I'm also pointing out how bad the rest of the humans were in going with mead's strategy without question.

                The statement about ressurection was impossible...is not entirely wrong, but is largely flawed. There were six people, and four needed to vote in favor. If you even tried to do the ressurection, you could have gained more information, seeing who would have voted against it. There was no loss, and it was a dire time. Any more information could have helped.

                Now for the fun part...and the reason YOU ALL SUCK...
                jTWG XI-no wolves killed, three live to end
                jTWG X- no wolves killed two live to end
                jTWG IX- one wolf killed, one lives to end
                jTWG VIII- no wolves killed, one lives to end
                jTWG VII- two wolves killed, one lives to end
                jTWG VI- one wolf killed, two live to end
                jTWG V- three wolves killed, no live to end

                The humans have lost six games in a row, only two due to a KIB. It's pretty pointless. Jurs rolled over everybody. Something needs to be done with the system, or it should die.

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #23
                  Lookz like da humans started losing when I left m i riet

                  I didn't have a chance to read too much of the game, but from what I saw (I talked to Fish after the first ~6 posts when Fish asked me to guess who I thought wolves were and my second pick was Jurs, but anyway he gave me all the roles after that and stuff), the humans just played pretty poorly. I know so much was circumstantial, blah blah blah, I think jTWG regulars are just starting (or have been for awhile, I dunno) to miss the point.

                  Obviously everyone playing knows the conditions of victory and all that, but I mean the point of what you actually do in the game. The point is not to use special roles as crutches as you stumble along and hope to luck out on lynching stupid people. The point is to force conversation, and then place yourself in others' shoes, and try to figure out who is acting as a wolf would. This just isn't really being done at all anymore. I've noticed day 1 has been a complete waste in recent jTWGs, too. Pathetic, as even though there's all the day 1 doldrums and whatever, the events of an active day 1 are usually what the rest of the game is based on.

                  Hey, maybe that's why the humans in jTWG haven't been winning at all lately.

                  Comment

                  • Tasuke
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 1671

                    #24
                    The humans never win because the humans are usually 1 good player to 3 noobs
                    and when a noob is a blue it's a hell form that point on.

                    Comment

                    • Freed
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2004
                      • 200

                      #25
                      JURS WAS SUCH A WOLF GOD YOU GUYS ARE DUMB

                      i really stopped caring after day 2 or so, and the fact that i was a wolf with a pretty much guaranteed victory at that point didn't help much

                      i never even spoke to torlock

                      i dunno if i'll play again, schools being a bitch and i'm tired all the time now, plus i started playing d2 again heehee

                      i'm surprised they censor that word
                      Originally posted by justaguy
                      improve your timing

                      Comment

                      • GuidoHunter
                        is against custom titles
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 7371

                        #26
                        Demon, what the hell?

                        This is the second game in a row you've tanked.

                        You've been banned from TWG, wanna make it jTWG, too?

                        --Guido


                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                        Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                        Comment

                        • Kilgamayan
                          Super Scooter Happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 6583

                          #27
                          Originally posted by TSAGod
                          suck suck suck suck suck suck
                          Dude, you need to calm the fuck down.

                          Or we'll do it for you.
                          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                          Comment

                          • HansSky
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 1925

                            #28
                            Wow, Kilga. You make it sound like you have that big guy standing in the corner of the room just waiting to be used. You know the guy. The guy with a case full of needles, ready to use any force necessary.

                            Even I feel threatened.
                            hi

                            Comment

                            • QreepyBORIS
                              FFR Player
                              • Feb 2003
                              • 7454

                              #29
                              Calm you down? Yeah. We'll calm you down good.


                              ...?

                              Signature subject to change.

                              THE ZERRRRRG.

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #30
                                TSA... this is how TWG works... if nobody thinks, the wolves have a HUGE advantage. If everybody thinks, the humans have a HUGE advantage.

                                Nobody thinks in jTWG, which is why the wolves have won like 8/11 jTWGs. in TWG, in 19 games, 11 Human wins and 8 Wolf wins. Pretty even, and more human wins than wolf wins. Because we THINK.

                                But, its expected in jTWG to be this way. As freed put it (even if he didn't realize it), nobody really gives a shit about jTWG. Half the people are inactive, another part want to be replaced, there are MAYBE 1-2 people trying on the human side, and they get wolfed quickly or lynched, because nobody thinks.

                                *shrugs* But, hell.... I sure as anything don't want 95% of you coming into TWG. So, that means keeping jTWG alive so that y'all can have some TWG action and not fuck up the real game for those of us who care.



                                PS - I just woke up, so I'm still kinda tired. If this is a little mean, that is why.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...