P.S. Since DBP already started an idea thread of sorts, you should summarize your idea there, and keep the discussion together. I'd personally like to play this game the most, out of the ones mentioned thus far, but I'd hate to see another good idea ruined by people willing to waste signup spots by not playing.
I've been thinking over a couple things for the next game I host, and I think it's time for some more random positive reinforcement instead of the negative reinforcement we typically use (read: bans). Iggy's random gift gave people something to strive for and rewarded them positively instead of negatively. For the next game I host, I'm going to do something similar, although more secretive, as well as the idea I suggested to the game DBP hosted a while ago, restricted signups. It's kind of up to each host as the games go, but I think it's a good idea we should attempt to permenently implement. Instead of handing out 1 game+ bans, we merely add the offenders to the restricted sign-up list. For those who don't recall the game I'm referring to, there was a list of 4-5 players or so, and these players weren't allowed to sign up until some set time had passed after the second sign-up opened. This allows all serious players to have X hours to get to the sign-ups before all of the non-serious people fill them up.
Instead of turning people off to TWG, we make them choose between being serious and not. If they still want to play, they can patiently wait and hope there's a spot left for them. People who sucessfully sign-up and play the game (play it actively)are removed from the list as well as people who miss a sign-up but still express interest. This way we don't push away players who may have otherwise still played, had it not been for the negative idea of a ban.
I'm planning on trying something like this the next game I host and it seems like it would be a fair idea for the other hosts to try as well. I'll be copying this post in the other thread since I've seemed to get a bit off topic, but, yes, I love the game Idea and would vote for it in a heart-beat.
Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn are
wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
-Bowser
The following is directly C&P'ed from fish's thread, potential hosts should feel free to support the idea and help me compile a list as I did with DBP previously.
****Begin C&P****
I've been thinking over a couple things for the next game I host, and I think it's time for some more random positive reinforcement instead of the negative reinforcement we typically use (read: bans). Iggy's random gift gave people something to strive for and rewarded them positively instead of negatively. For the next game I host, I'm going to do something similar, although more secretive, as well as the idea I suggested to the game DBP hosted a while ago, restricted sign-ups. It's kind of up to each host as the games go, but I think it's a good idea we should attempt to permanently implement. Instead of handing out 1 game+ bans, we merely add the offenders to the restricted sign-up list. For those who don't recall the game I'm referring to, there was a list of 4-5 players or so, and these players weren't allowed to sign up until some set time had passed after the second sign-up opened. This allows all serious players to have X hours to get to the sign-ups before all of the non-serious people fill them up.
Instead of turning people off to TWG, we make them choose between being serious and not. If they still want to play, they can patiently wait and hope there's a spot left for them. People who successfully sign-up and play the game (play it actively) are removed from the list as well as people who miss a sign-up but still express interest. This way we don't push away players who may have otherwise still played, had it not been for the negative idea of a ban.
I'm planning on trying something like this the next game I host and it seems like it would be a fair idea for the other hosts to try as well. I'll be copying this post in the other thread since I've seemed to get a bit off topic, but, yes, I love the game Idea and would vote for it in a heart-beat(fish's game).
hey, this game sounds cool? But I am just wondering, and not sure where to ask, I want to play in the next game, but I want it to be jTWG if possible, I am too scared to try and play against the super serious players who have been playing for awhile. But anyways, I think this idea is cool, and would make the game much harder, and therefore more fun.
Dimension 1: Human
Dimension 2: Human
Alignment: Work to find wolves in both dimensions. Either dimension you rid of wolves first wins you the game.
Dimension 1: Human
Dimension 2: Blue
Alignment: Work to find wolves in both dimensions. Only dimension 2 will give you a "win," ridding the wolves in dimension 1 will give you a "neutral-victory."
Dimension 1: Human
Dimension 2: Wolf
Alignment: Work to find the wolves in dimension 1 if you must, but it is not your priority. You can only achieve victory if your wolf team in dimension 2 wins. If you decide to backstab your wolf-friends, you will only achieve "neutral-victory."
Dimension 1: Wolf
Dimension 2: Wolf
Alignment: Choose a dimension, either one will bring you a win if your wolf team wins.
Dimension 1: Wolf
Dimension 2: Blue
Alignment: This is where the decision is totally up to the person. You can achieve a full victory in either dimension, depending on which you decide to help. This kind of role could be useful against humans or wolves depending on who you were working with.
Obviously, in each of these situations, were the dimensions to be flipped, the same rules (also flipped) would apply.
REMEMBER, NO REVEALING YOUR ROLE IF YOU ARE A WOLF!! Even if you decide to betray the current dimension's wolf team, you can only hurt them by voting, and accusations. But, the following situation is allowed.
Fish (Wolf): I seered mead (Wolf) red.
Fojar (Human): Excellent, let's lynch him.
This does not reveal that you gained the knowledge that mead was a wolf from illicit means. Any human could just as easily said the same thing.
Comment