My idea will have some questions, ask them here

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • StoicRoivaS
    FFR Player
    • May 2006
    • 548

    #16
    Re: My idea will have some questions, ask them here

    Originally posted by FoJaR
    this just gave me an idea.
    ...
    Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn are
    wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
    -Bowser

    Comment

    • FoJaR
      The Worst
      • Nov 2005
      • 2816

      #17
      Re: My idea will have some questions, ask them here

      just a game with all hidden roles.

      Comment

      • shrimpy
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2004
        • 325

        #18
        Re: My idea will have some questions, ask them here

        I like this game.
        Shrimpy's Mayhem Forums! Better than TGB! Guaranteed!
        Come discuss some srs business here
        Click here to start your very own website

        Comment

        • StoicRoivaS
          FFR Player
          • May 2006
          • 548

          #19
          Re: My idea will have some questions, ask them here

          Thanks

          Apparently a game with all hidden roles has never been tried here. I thought the concept was quite standard in my readings of how Mafia/TWG works on other mediums/sites. Either way, it's part of the game design for a good, but undisclosed reason. It will make it more fun and more balanced.
          Like the moon over
          the day, my genius and brawn are
          wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
          -Bowser

          Comment

          • iggymatrixcounter
            FFR Veteran
            • Nov 2003
            • 1924

            #20
            Re: My idea will have some questions, ask them here

            Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
            I'm really interested to see where stoic will take this. It's a liberal idea but I like liberal ideas XD.
            That and I want to see what these details will include.

            But I can't help but think if it will be balanced or not. Probably but I dunno I'm not sure of where stoic is drawing the line to see where the game goes.

            Which is why I want to see it played, going in half blind works well for me XD.
            lastfm
            PANDORA

            Comment

            • StoicRoivaS
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 548

              #21
              Re: My idea will have some questions, ask them here

              Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
              That and I want to see what these details will include.

              But I can't help but think if it will be balanced or not. Probably but I dunno I'm not sure of where stoic is drawing the line to see where the game goes.

              Which is why I want to see it played, going in half blind works well for me XD.
              I honestly think that this game has a few too many variables to be totally balanced from the get go. It's really going to end up being, the player(s)/team that puts a decent amount of thought into it, are going to dominate. The roles being hidden is part of the balance. If all roles were public, various thing could and would happen that would break the balance completely. In my above example, 1 special (wolf) power ends up killing 2 humans and resurrecting a wolf. Things like this will be what win the game.

              The details that I'm speaking of will generally just be story flavor, but they will explain some things along the way, about the story and about the mechanics of the game. Take, for example: There will be a thing/substance called time fuel. This is what powers all time machines that time traveling roles will posess. At certain points, normally once per day (night) the machine will refine 1 unit of time fuel. This will be what powers the machine for the night's time travel. It is exactly this sort of detail I'm referring too. The numerous small aspects of the idea that are 90% flavor, 10% function.

              I think the game will be absolutely amazing. If this doesn't inspire at least a bit more activity at FFR, I think many more people will be taking an "extended break" from TWG here. I know I will.
              Last edited by StoicRoivaS; 10-4-2006, 06:07 PM.
              Like the moon over
              the day, my genius and brawn are
              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
              -Bowser

              Comment

              • GG_Guru
                Let em' do what they want
                • Mar 2006
                • 3219

                #22
                Re: My idea will have some questions, ask them here

                meh im a noob

                Comment

                • Makilaz
                  TWG Princess
                  • May 2006
                  • 1094

                  #23
                  Re: My idea will have some questions, ask them here

                  Um... that was quite a bump. Thread necromancy isn't allowed, for future reference.

                  Comment

                  Working...