Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before voting)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evilbutterfly
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2003
    • 5784

    #16
    Dying should not exempt you from getting MVP. Hell, being on the losing team doesn't even mean you shouldn't be allowed to get it. Sometimes a loser will play harder but then the other team wins by luck. I'm pretty sure in the post a person on the losing team was given the MVP, or at least, many people said they should have gotten it. I can't remember who or when, though.
    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
    And I write the blog for their website.

    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

    Comment

    • JurseyRider734
      lil j the bad b-word
      • Aug 2003
      • 7507

      #17
      Re: RE: Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before vot

      Originally posted by Lupin_the_3rd
      More often than not, people working behind the scenes get much less credit than those who are active in the forums. I think that at the very least there should be two MVPs (dependent on the game of course) to help limit bias. I think MVP awards would be effective, however- at least moreso than pips. Oftentimes the best/most valuable players don't receive pips (as they are killed one way or another) leaving the "unthreatening" humans left to claim pips. My very first TWG game starred me, doing diddly-squat, and receiving a pip for my "efforts". Either award pips to the whole team, MVPs, or not at all.

      I agree. Last TWG I came up with the idea of lynching Tass and everything the night that Alain was killed, and told Hans. Hans puts the post up...and some of it had what I said in it. He was also going to vote for Eric over mead on the last day, and I told him that I felt strongly over mead than Eric. I didn't even have time to vote for mead that day because I was gone, and when he came back it looked like Hans took my "advice" and got the instalynch on mead. I ended up getting no recognition for it and Hans gets the MVP award. I was kind of angry.

      I just think that there shouldn't be MVPs at all. If you went through a situation like that you would think the same.
      Originally posted by Arch0wl
      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

      Comment

      • HansSky
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2003
        • 1925

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before

        Alright, I'm tired of hearing you complain about this.
        I agree. Last TWG I came up with the idea of lynching Tass and everything the night that Alain was killed, and told Hans.
        You told me nothing. The morning after alain was killed, I sent eyespew a long PM about Tass. You were not involved.

        He was also going to vote for Eric over mead on the last day, and I told him that I felt strongly over mead than Eric.
        I said that I was choosing between the two, I never said I was going to vote for Eric. You said that you were going to vote mead, yes, but I went through and pulled up all of the evidence.

        I didn't even have time to vote for mead that day because I was gone, and when he came back it looked like Hans took my "advice" and got the instalynch on mead.
        You saw the post when I posted it. I was talking to you at the time.

        MVP=Most Valuable Player. If I were lynched instead of Tass, you probably wouldn't have won the game. I had the most VALUE. I just wanted to put this to rest once and for all, because I never got a chance to publicly say anything about this, and now I have.
        hi

        Comment

        • QreepyBORIS
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2003
          • 7454

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before

          Quit being pussies about it.

          This is not who should WIN the awards, but if it should be REINSTATED.

          Jesus H. God.

          Signature subject to change.

          THE ZERRRRRG.

          Comment

          • ddrruler
            FFR Player
            • May 2004
            • 855

            #20
            I think it should be brought back but then again im not even experinced enough to play in TWG so im not sure if my vote counts or not.
            Mead is a | ******. |

            Comment

            • stretchypanda
              shock me shock me
              • Sep 2004
              • 4123

              #21
              So, we reinstall the MVP award and then we have to deal with people a) being cocky about it (I would definitely be cocky if I beat a bunch of guys, so I'm included here) or b) complaining about who should or should not have gotten it.

              Sometimes there is a consensus, but sometimes there is bitching.

              Comment

              • QreepyBORIS
                FFR Player
                • Feb 2003
                • 7454

                #22
                Originally posted by stretchypanda
                a) being cocky about it (I would definitely be cocky if I beat a bunch of guys)
                If any woman beat a bunch of guys, she would have full rights to be cocky about it, since men are inherently superior to women. justkiddin'

                Signature subject to change.

                THE ZERRRRRG.

                Comment

                • JurseyRider734
                  lil j the bad b-word
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 7507

                  #23
                  Re: RE: Re: RE: Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read be

                  Originally posted by HansSky
                  Alright, I'm tired of hearing you complain about this.
                  I agree. Last TWG I came up with the idea of lynching Tass and everything the night that Alain was killed, and told Hans.
                  You told me nothing. The morning after alain was killed, I sent eyespew a long PM about Tass. You were not involved.
                  I don't see how that's possible that it was YOUR idea considering I was the first person to talk to alain after he found out, because he called me before he was dead. He wouldn't give away anything, but I knew from how he was speaking that it was Tass. He wasn't going to tell me I was wrong when I was right. Then when I got on to the computer I talked to eyespew about it immediately which was probably where you heard it from, but yes, I was the first one to think about it.
                  Originally posted by Arch0wl
                  I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                  the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                  Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                  Comment

                  • Kefit
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2003
                    • 1517

                    #24
                    The MVP award leads to nothing but elitest attitudes and bitching.

                    I say keep it dead.


                    Originally posted by seinno
                    and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

                    Comment

                    • blahblah18
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 1662

                      #25
                      *ignores all other posts about keepign it alive or dead*
                      assuming it exists, it shoudl be able to go to anyone fuck being alive to win it.. its the person that most helped their team win the game... that simple, case closed thank you.
                      but for now... postCount++

                      Comment

                      • Tps222
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 6169

                        #26
                        Well, as of now, it's a 8-1 vote. What say you TWC?

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #27
                          Guido said above he didn't really care... I want MVP... Blah said he doesn't really care, but is bitter about not getting it one game cause he died.....

                          Chardish/Kilga haven't chimed in.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • Kilgamayan
                            Super Scooter Happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2003
                            • 6583

                            #28
                            Doesn't matter to me. I really don't see what the big deal is, even not having won one.
                            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                            Comment

                            • User6773

                              #29
                              1) There are people who are better at presenting their cases for MVP than others.
                              2) The person(s) who do the most often die. If you die, you lose TWG, even if your team wins. This has been established since Day 1. Imagine it's real life. If you're being chewed to death in the middle of the night by an angry werewolf with a taste for man-flesh, you're not really thinking "Well, it'll be okay, because I'll win MVP once my team finishes off this wolf. I've done so much for them; let me pause to reflect on what an asset I am for the team."
                              3) The host is very, very much in the dark about what goes on with people he doesn't talk with.

                              Comment

                              • Tps222
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 6169

                                #30
                                Your funny.

                                Umm, this isn't real life. Ever heard of the army. You die, but you still get a medal, like the MOH. MOH=MVP for TWG

                                Abbriveations are fun.

                                Comment

                                Working...