History of TWG

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #16
    Re: History of TWG

    here's the template I've been using. I've found that putting these together goes a bit more quickly with some of the tags already in place. the thread number in the URL obviously needs to be adjusted for each one, haha. any help would be amazinggg









    [b][size=6][url=http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=999999]TWG III: nameofgame[/url][/size][/b]

    Hosted by: hostname
    [b][color=green]Humans[/color] Win[/b]
    [b]MVP: nameofmvp[/b]


    1. playername [color=green]Human[/color]
    2. playername [color=green]Human[/color]
    3. playername [color=green]Human[/color]
    4. playername [color=green]Human[/color]
    5. playername [color=green]Human[/color]
    6. playername [color=green]Human[/color]
    7. playername [color=green]Human[/color]
    8. playername [color=green]Human[/color]
    9. playername [color=red]Wolf[/color]
    10. playername [color=red]Wolf[/color]
    11. playername [color=red]Wolf[/color]
    12. playername [color=blue]Seer[/color]
    13. playername [color=blue]Psychic[/color]

    Host Comments:
    hostcommentsgohere

    Comment

    • FoJaR
      The Worst
      • Nov 2005
      • 2816

      #17
      Re: History of TWG

      oh yeah what about serial killer wins in your tally

      Comment

      • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
        nobody fiffers anymore.
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2006
        • 2440

        #18
        Re: History of TWG

        ^ Yeah, third party wins need to be accounted for somehow. I have no idea how we're supposed to account for nonstandard games like multiple wolf teams and such, but I'm sure someone will come up with something.

        It would also be nice to link to the postgame thread for each, like manti is doing.

        Otherwise, the basic format looks pretty legit to me. Although...if it were up to me (read: if I wasn't a lazy fucker) I'd tear everything down and start all over from scratch, because it's just an unholy mess right now, and it needs to make use of some new tech like the spoiler tags. And I would evenly separate them too, something like 20 games per post, and the OP would contain jumps to them all.

        EDIT: Two more points
        - In cases like TWG 64 and 70 where people had secondary win conditions that were achieved in tandem to the winning party, they should be listed as "other winning parties" with further indent.
        - Lists of actions should be limited to postgame threads.
        Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 12-9-2013, 04:43 AM.
        ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

        Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

        Comment

        • FoJaR
          The Worst
          • Nov 2005
          • 2816

          #19
          Re: History of TWG

          well for serial killer you just make a purple thing that says Serial Killer: x

          Comment

          • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
            nobody fiffers anymore.
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2006
            • 2440

            #20
            Re: History of TWG

            Okay, here is how its going to go down.

            I am going to start another thread according to what I have laid out above and am gonna reserve space in as many posts as I need as of now to complete the history and records. Mostly I am going to cross-post from here, but I will also check every account for accuracy, rewrite all the accounts that are inaccurate or poorly written. Then I'll start doing the ones

            LINK HERE


            If you need to comment on my work, do it here, in THIS thread. Not that one.

            I will aim to get 10 games done per day, so things should be done in about two weeks. Once it's done this thread will be taken down. To prevent posts from cluttering up the actual history thread, we should probably make a "General TWG Discussion" sticky thread where people can comment and past games and discuss theory and stuff. Also, both of the "beginner's guide" stickies are terrible, and should be replaced by ONE newbie thread that is actually useful. That's an issue for another day, though.

            Anyone who has already wrote accounts of games after I dropped off, please PM me with what you've got if you'd be so kind.
            Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 12-9-2013, 07:21 AM.
            ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

            Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

            Comment

            • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
              nobody fiffers anymore.
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2006
              • 2440

              #21
              Re: History of TWG

              Okay, it's up. Stay tuned everybody.
              ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

              Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #22
                Re: History of TWG

                Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                Okay, here is how its going to go down.

                I am going to start another thread according to what I have laid out above and am gonna reserve space in as many posts as I need as of now to complete the history and records. Mostly I am going to cross-post from here, but I will also check every account for accuracy, rewrite all the accounts that are inaccurate or poorly written. Then I'll start doing the ones

                LINK HERE


                If you need to comment on my work, do it here, in THIS thread. Not that one.

                I will aim to get 10 games done per day, so things should be done in about two weeks. Once it's done this thread will be taken down. To prevent posts from cluttering up the actual history thread, we should probably make a "General TWG Discussion" sticky thread where people can comment and past games and discuss theory and stuff. Also, both of the "beginner's guide" stickies are terrible, and should be replaced by ONE newbie thread that is actually useful. That's an issue for another day, though.
                you might wanna check with The Dark Lord Manticore before sinking a ton of time into a revamp, just to make sure he's down with replacing it.

                imo though anyone who is willing to get a history thread up-to-date should be rewarded with complete control over the format. +1

                Comment

                • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                  nobody fiffers anymore.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 2440

                  #23
                  Re: History of TWG

                  A fair point, I'll refrain from doing any significant work on it until I hear from him.

                  And no problem, I'm an overachiever when it comes to things that are of no practical importance at all.
                  ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                  Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #24
                    Re: History of TWG

                    I'm fine with you revamping it, but why not just touch up this thread? I can edit in anything you want to touch up from the earlier games.

                    If you want to start from scratch go for it. Please use the same format I used in this post. This means url linking of postgame/game threads. Mention of MVP/team win/host, and a SMALL section of host comments. You don't need to include when the people died though.

                    It's a big undertaking. If you choose to go through with it don't leave it hanging halfway through.
                    Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 12-9-2013, 08:15 AM.
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                      nobody fiffers anymore.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 2440

                      #25
                      Re: History of TWG

                      Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                      I'm fine with you revamping it, but why not just touch up this thread? I can edit in anything you want to touch up from the earlier games.

                      Ohh, if you're willing to collaborate and edit/replace stuff in the first few posts, that'd be fan-fuckin'-tastic. I could PM you with my work and such.

                      The problem that still remains though,
                      is that I feel it is best to have complete control over a history thread in the form that I want to follow. Look at the other thread if you haven't already. I don't want to have people talking in it, either. First of all, I'm not sure local mods can even edit posts originally posted by admins (re: chardish).

                      Second, I have no problem with providing the content and directing you to do all the editing. But the thing is this; the way I want to organize it, it's 20 games covered per post. These will be sandwiched between an intro post with links to jump to each section, and a post with the win records. Once another block of 20 games is finished, a new post detailing the games is needed, and the win records must be moved to the next post. As this process continues, it will eventually have to "eat" non-history posts in this thread to make room.

                      Not that much of those early discussion posts are relevant now, and we'd have to hit 181 games until we have a problem, but still. At the very least, we need to have a separate thread for general TWG discussion, so nobody's legit discussion posts NOW are ever in danger.


                      If you want to start from scratch go for it. Please use the same format I used in this post. This means url linking of postgame/game threads. Mention of MVP/team win/host, and a SMALL section of host comments. You don't need to include when the people died though.

                      I'm already following your format almost to the letter; see here. The only difference I have to take up with you is that with spoiler tags used as shown, I don't know if it's necessary to keep host comments "small"...but it's your call of course. In any case, action lists shouldn't be in the history, they should be in the postgame.

                      It's a big undertaking. If you choose to go through with it don't leave it hanging halfway through.

                      Like I said, I'll try to do a small portion everyday. Barring FFR exploding again, I think I'll be fine!
                      2ch
                      Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 12-9-2013, 10:29 AM. Reason: I'm bad at typing things
                      ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                      Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                      Comment

                      • DarkManticoreX2
                        TWG Overlord
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 7355

                        #26
                        Re: History of TWG

                        Yeah definatley no action lists. If people want them they can use the PG link.
                        AAA's = 800

                        Originally posted by V
                        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                        Comment

                        • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                          nobody fiffers anymore.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 2440

                          #27
                          Re: History of TWG

                          Sooo....how about the other points?
                          ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                          Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #28
                            Re: History of TWG

                            Might as well make the new thread if you want it to pan out a certain way.

                            I can edit chardish's old posts, but it isn't really necessary to have a middle man in this process. It'll just make it take longer.

                            Spoilertags are fine for host's comments.


                            Anything I missed?
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                              nobody fiffers anymore.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 2440

                              #29
                              Re: History of TWG

                              Okay, rawrf, that's all I wanted clarified and stuff.

                              So, I'll start work as soon as I can. And then this can be converted into a discussion thread, or a new one started, I guess.
                              ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                              Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                              Comment

                              Working...