jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • storn42
    RIP Storn D0-D0
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jun 2012
    • 3474

    #316
    Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

    btw, how many redsludge votes atm?


    Originally posted by Xiz
    "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


    Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


    Comment

    • benguino
      Kawaii Desu Ne?
      • Dec 2007
      • 4190

      #317
      Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

      Originally posted by dAnceguy117
      Last post from me for a few hours.

      Why would you say that's so clear to you? Reread choof's post. If you came away with if-then statements, then you were making an inference. I was considering a different possibility.

      I'm curious: how much credence do you give meta-based reads? Generally speaking, do you believe that people who play forum Werewolf can intentionally control their behavior to match or to stray from what others would expect from them?



      Pressure votes aren't very effective when you already know what I'm trying to do! Shucks.



      I was trying to point out that, based on the way I read choof's post, choof was outright accepting Redsludge's claim. The theory I was proposing was that choof is a wolf and Redsludge is not; a wolf might be more likely to assume that a roleclaim is real, if the wolf knows that the claim came from someone who is not a wolf.
      Yeah, it's an inference, but I thought it was an inference/interpretation that most people would have arrived at. It seems there was just a hiccup in understanding/interpretation.

      As for meta-based reads, I think there is some credence to meta-based reads, but some are more effective that others I believe. For example, self-meta-reads lack credibility in my opinion.

      On the other hand, a person has little incentive to change from how they typically behave when they play town, so any differences can likely be attributed to the fact that rolling as a wolf subconsciously influences the way they behave.

      On the flip side, a wolf will try to emulate their town game, so meta-based reads of the form, "oh, so-and-so is town because they were town and are playing the same way this game" doesn't have as much credibility.

      So that's my take on meta-reads.
      AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


      Originally posted by Spenner
      (^)> peck peck says the heels
      Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
      And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
      Originally posted by Zakvvv666
      awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

      Comment

      • benguino
        Kawaii Desu Ne?
        • Dec 2007
        • 4190

        #318
        Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

        Thanks for elaborating on your theory as well. I'm just a little bit confused as to what RedSludge's motivation would be if he was town AND he falsely roleclaimed. Do you think he's a vanilla townie that is just trying to "help out" somehow? Do you think he is another power role that is claiming bulletproof so that the wolves don't kill him?
        AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


        Originally posted by Spenner
        (^)> peck peck says the heels
        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
        And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
        Originally posted by Zakvvv666
        awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

        Comment

        • choof
          Banned
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2013
          • 8563

          #319
          Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

          okay i'm finally able to sit down and do shit so i'll do a big ass post about why redsludge lynch is, imo, the best course of action for this phase

          Comment

          • Vendetta21
            Sectional Moderator
            Sectional Moderator
            • Aug 2006
            • 2745

            #320
            Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

            for now i'm personally putting redsludge's behavior in the "too wolfy to be a wolf" category. It is so unabashedly wolfy that I can't see a risk aversive wolf making that move and feel more likely that it's the move of a confused new human player overthinking the situation

            storn42

            Comment

            • choof
              Banned
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Nov 2013
              • 8563

              #321
              Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

              okay, so with redsludge claiming a powerrole that doesn't need to be claimed, and then his quick reversal of the claim, there are a few ways too look at it, and I don't think being a vanilla townie is anywhere to be seen

              I personally don't think there's a single shred of credence to his claim; the way he quickly reversed the claim back to "haha I'm just a vanilla townie !!" guarantees no counter-claim from either side.

              if there's a bulletproof in the game, they're not going to counter-claim because it narrows the game down from six setups to two. in both cases, there's really no way for the second town power role to save themselves from a night kill. wolves won't counter-claim because there's still a chance the counter-claim could go badly (if there's a cop or a doctor in the game, they know that redsludge and the counter-claim are both lying)

              redsludge, regardless of what his role is, is our best lynch because of the large amount of information we'd gather from it.

              if he's vt, that keeps everyone guessing at what the game set up is, and while we'd be down one townie, it wouldn't be that large of an issue

              if he's bulletproof, I would argue that it doesn't matter now that he's claimed because he's effectively a vanilla townie in the sense that his only power is the power to vote

              and lastly, if he's a wolf, we get a d0 wolf lynch which puts the wolves at a huge disadvantage

              Comment

              • choof
                Banned
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Nov 2013
                • 8563

                #322
                Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                likely that it's the move of a confused new human player overthinking the situation

                storn42
                he's already stated that he's played on other sites

                Comment

                • choof
                  Banned
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 8563

                  #323
                  Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                  redsludge

                  Comment

                  • choof
                    Banned
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Nov 2013
                    • 8563

                    #324
                    Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by Redsludge
                    Okay I'll stick with my claim cuz I am a 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie.

                    When I claimed I was actually hoping I could draw a wolf kill to me and narrow down what sort of setup we are in. I'm not fishing for roles, I don't even understand how that is possible in a game where you can't have any communication outside of the thread. The wolves will have to target me at some point, they might as well get it out of the way.

                    I also wanted to get some discussion going about the game!
                    this was his most recent post in the thread btw

                    Comment

                    • Vendetta21
                      Sectional Moderator
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 2745

                      #325
                      Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                      choof you analyzed a counterfactual scenario that was only relevant if he didnt commit to his claim. please don't pad your votes.

                      Comment

                      • choof
                        Banned
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 8563

                        #326
                        Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                        his claim fucking sucked and I don't believe it for a second, I believe he's sticking with the claim to save face

                        Comment

                        • choof
                          Banned
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 8563

                          #327
                          Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                          in what sense am I "padding my votes"

                          Comment

                          • choof
                            Banned
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 8563

                            #328
                            Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                            it is because I put a vote on him earlier but have just now had time to sit down and explain my stance on him?

                            Comment

                            • choof
                              Banned
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Nov 2013
                              • 8563

                              #329
                              Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                              I don't understand what would have to go through someone's head to claim a power role, reverse the claim in a matter of posts, go back to claiming, and then not make another post

                              Comment

                              • choof
                                Banned
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2013
                                • 8563

                                #330
                                Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                                I haven't even seen him lurk since he committed to his bullshit-as-hell claim

                                Comment

                                Working...