jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • danceflashrevo
    scumfan is scared of aa
    • Sep 2007
    • 488

    #361
    Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

    And plus, of course ben's gonna come in with some wall of text because he's replacing someone that said absolutely nothing the entire game. We need to know his position on where things stand. I even asked for his "wall of text"

    Why are you here?

    Comment

    • Red Blaster
      Bridge Burner
      • Jun 2011
      • 2040

      #362
      Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

      Like literally it has to be Ben.
      Everyone except me and clasko voted tps so unless the wolf voted for his partner it's between us.
      The fact that he finally got subbed out after a few days of nothing and only after a wolf lynch seems really really odd to me. It literally jumps out as he was a wolf and now HAS to be replaced lest the wolf doesn't send in a nightkill.

      The other option is that he's the seer. Which I think the best way to determine would be putting pressure to claim and seeing if we get a counterclaim. If he does turn out to be the seer town will get 3 confirmed greens. Seeing how it'll be 5 players left, having 3 confirmed greens will basically be game over for the last wolf.
      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
      Originally posted by choof
      hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
      what's a milky christmas :O

      Comment

      • danceflashrevo
        scumfan is scared of aa
        • Sep 2007
        • 488

        #363
        Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

        Yeah I think this is best to leave up to the seer. I do feel that it's between you and ben. It would be dumb for anyone to claim anything tonight lmfao so I guess we just wait for 8 hours and 19 minutes.

        I'd like to see other people's stances on this matter.

        Why are you here?

        Comment

        • Red Blaster
          Bridge Burner
          • Jun 2011
          • 2040

          #364
          Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

          Originally posted by danceflashrevo
          Yeah I think this is best to leave up to the seer. I do feel that it's between you and ben. It would be dumb for anyone to claim anything tonight lmfao so I guess we just wait for 8 hours and 19 minutes.

          I'd like to see other people's stances on this matter.
          Yeah obviously wait for the day phase to claim.
          Regarding you question on the insta, I backed off tps because of the traction that occurred after I claimed I was going to vote. The whole "lets not waste anymore time" thing Meloncollie said really rubbed me the wrong way. I just dont like those situations..its too easy to allow a wolf to hide.

          In hindsight, yeah mud on my face. But he could've easily flipped town just the same.
          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
          Originally posted by choof
          hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
          what's a milky christmas :O

          Comment

          • Charles Claythorne
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2013
            • 138

            #365
            Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

            Having doubts on Red Blaster being the Wolf at the moment. While I liked reuben_tate taking initiative and giving his thoughts on a fair deal of the game, I don't like how he retained his suspicion of me after seeing my argument with TPS. I ended up pushing for his lynch, after all. I'm not one for bussing that hard.

            ---

            Wolf
            Mecha Seer
            Doctor
            Human
            Human
            Human

            Here's the setup as of right now.

            If a Human is wolfed next Phase and the Seer seered one of the remaining living Players, claim. Doctor, claim next and the game becomes autowin. Just lynch the two question marks.

            If the Doctor or a Human is wolfed next Phase and the Seer seered two of the remaining living Players, claim. Lynch the two question marks since it's autowin again.

            And obviously, if the Seer gets a Red result next Phase, claim. Even if the Wolf counterclaims next Phase, we just lynch both of you and win.

            Comment

            • Red Blaster
              Bridge Burner
              • Jun 2011
              • 2040

              #366
              Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

              To the seer, if you haven't already seered me or Ben/Clasko one of us should be your target tonight.
              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
              Originally posted by choof
              hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
              what's a milky christmas :O

              Comment

              • thesunfan
                Role Tide
                Sectional Moderator
                • May 2011
                • 10859

                #367
                Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                We are gonna have a talk about angle shooting because its an issue that needs to be addressed. Was gonna save it for postgame but I think I should go ahead and nip this in the bud for the sake of this game, as well as future games.

                Angleshooting is reading into anything a moderator does in game, or attempting to use something the moderator says or does. This is wrong.

                Attempting to read into why someone was replaced is reading into OGI (out of game information). Attempting to use OGI is a very slippery slope, and most importantly in my opinion, is both detrimental to the game and an insult to the way this game is meant to be played. If you are town, your job is to find the wolves and lynch them. The way this is done is by following information you know as a result of simply playing the game. It is NOT done by attempting to read between the lines of what the mod posted or what the mod did. If you are a wolf, your job is to reach parity, which is done by making townies turn against one another and by making people think you are town. This is NOT done by attempting to abuse what the mod said or did into either making yourself look more human or making a human look more wolfy. But I assume you all know how to win as either alignment. What many people that play on FFR (And this certainly extends to people who are considered to be veterans) seem to not realize is the negative effect it has on the game.

                I am not a player in this game; do not attempt to read me. Recently, a player read into something the mod posted in the quicktopic. They were going to kill the seer that night, but they convinced themselves that something the mod had said meant that someone else was the seer. They killed them instead; they lost the game the very next day when the seer claimed a red on them. Point is, angleshooting is like the Sword; those who take it shall certainly perish by it.

                I make the PMs you receive, the day and night phase updates, the votecounts, everything I can think of as neutral and as deprived of game-related information as I possibly can without being a complete robot when it comes to modding. I do not drop hints for one side or another. I do not influence the game. If I make a decision, it is for the better of the game, not because I favor one side to win. I don't care who wins this game, I want people to have fun. Angleshooting isn't fun; quite frankly, its only a hair's width away from cheating. I know you guys want to win, but do it honorably.

                A lot of respectable TWG/Mafia sites have rules against angleshooting (People get modkilled and banned for it on many of these). FFR is not like those. One of the best things about this site is how relaxed many of the players here are. Please keep it this way.

                I obviously can't monitor what you think as a result of what I say. I may be the Worst Host 2014, but I know what my limits are. I can't stop you from thinking "X is A because the mod said so or did a" or "I can get Y lynched using what the mod said/did," but I will stop any attempts to bring those thoughts into the game. You are welcome to your opinions as a result of what I do, you are NOT welcome to voicing these in the thread.

                I don't want to do it, but I will modkill anyone in this game who angleshoots in the thread after this point. I know there is no direct rule against angleshooting on FFR, and I don't directly have the power to change rules, but I believe that it needs to stop.

                I want you all to have fun, and I think this game has been a rather good one to mod. This post is not a result of just this game, but of several instances of this in the past, a few of which I must admit I am guilty of doing before I realized what I was doing was wrong, as well as several since then due to my competitive nature. I want this forum game to be a place where people join and have fun, and do their best as players to win the game as sportsmanlike as possible, as trite as that sounds. I think this helps that be realized.

                Again, please do not angleshoot any further at your own risk.
                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                Originally posted by star-crossed
                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                Comment

                • Red Blaster
                  Bridge Burner
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 2040

                  #368
                  Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                  Even disregarding the sub timing, I'm still fairly sure it has to be Ben. Just given the eod votes.

                  What do you guys think are the chances the wolf fell in on tps? Knowing his wolf buddy was going down basically regardless of what happened, jumping onboard would distance them and guarantee their safety for at least a few more phases.
                  Originally posted by hi19hi19
                  edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                  Originally posted by choof
                  hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                  Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                  what's a milky christmas :O

                  Comment

                  • Cold Kitten
                    i love (purple things)
                    • May 2009
                    • 1341

                    #369
                    Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                    I really don't think Ben is the wolf. Even with my earlier thoughts because Clasko was MIA, I'm not transferring those onto him. He hasn't shown any telltale signs of being a wolf yet (to be fair, he has only just started posting, but still. you can slip up first post, as we saw from TPS)


                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                    Comment

                    • Cold Kitten
                      i love (purple things)
                      • May 2009
                      • 1341

                      #370
                      Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                      Not to say it isn't possible, he just hasn't given me any reason thus far to assume he's the wolf.


                      Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                      it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                      Comment

                      • mellonxcollie
                        Sectional Moderator
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 1304

                        #371
                        Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                        Originally posted by thesunfan
                        Attempting to use OGI is a very slippery slope, and most importantly in my opinion, is both detrimental to the game and an insult to the way this game is meant to be played.
                        See... this is how I feel about replacing players. Technically every player is actually a "character" in the game and that character could theoretically be played by anyone. But in TWG when so much of the game is reliant on picking apart personal tells and everyone plays very differently and uniquely, replacing a player often feels like just dropping a random player into the game and the remaining players are left just scratching their heads

                        I really do understand with what your post is saying and agree with you 100% in an ideal game. But in a game where 1 in goddamn 3 players have been replaced, there is no way we could continue the game without discussing these replacements in detail. There's just no way around it without deciding to completely ignore them. We don't want to discuss the mod action, we are forced to discuss the replacement and that can/sometimes should include when it happened, even if that means discussing a mod action
                        Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #372
                          Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                          You're not forced to do anything. It sucks I've had to replace 3 different players, but that doesn't mean the game revolves around a necessary mod action. You can talk about what people did before replacements or people's opinions of them before that; that's fine. Talking about "X was replaced because A and that means either 'I can use this to my advantage and push mislynches' or 'The replacement makes me think X is not a wolf because the mod wouldn't replace an inactive wolf' is NOT ok. I see no reason why the game requires you to do what I asked you not to do.
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • Red Blaster
                            Bridge Burner
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 2040

                            #373
                            Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                            Let's just drop it in the interest of not getting modkilled.
                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                            Originally posted by choof
                            hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                            Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                            what's a milky christmas :O

                            Comment

                            • mellonxcollie
                              Sectional Moderator
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 1304

                              #374
                              Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              I see no reason why the game requires you to do what I asked you not to do.
                              It doesn't, it requires us to talk about it in general and I just think that the distinction is kinda weird and pointless in this circumstance. I know it sucks for everyone replacing players. But I agree this is better left for after the game!
                              Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                              Comment

                              • Red Blaster
                                Bridge Burner
                                • Jun 2011
                                • 2040

                                #375
                                Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

                                I could say something, but I'd probably get rekt for it.
                                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                                edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                                Originally posted by choof
                                hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                                Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                                what's a milky christmas :O

                                Comment

                                Working...