Bahamut's (Good) Sims - New FOTS sim

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bahamut-X
    FFR Player
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Nov 2004
    • 3399

    #16
    I made everything as synced as I could, the 16ths fit the music, I don't really see what you're saying =/

    Oh well, I guess I don't have the "magic touch".

    Comment

    • macgravel
      Resident Poopbutt
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2004
      • 2405

      #17
      I liked it.
      but that's coming from me, teh noob caeks.

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #18
        Originally posted by banditcom
        [21:17.05] banditcom: and bahamuts fury of the storm is gay (#$%.. remember how you told me about the flow of 16th runs? that i kept switching it all around and (#$%... god, that's what most people do.. like dtm.. (#$% files cause they just put the 16ths in and just vary it up
        [21:17.35] Reach: because 'most people' can't make stepfiles
        [21:17.57] Reach: when you have specific notes you need to follow them...you can only randomly stream is you have chaos notes...like quasar
        Pardon me if I didn't get the right idea out of that, but you're talking about how many people crap sims out with bullshit streams, right?

        Agreed. If I were to rate DTM's Piece of Poetry, it would get half a shit out of two trillion.

        As for Tyler's FOTS.. dunno, haven't played it yet. I'll see how it is. I did like his Happy Happy Dance, but I don't like his one FMA sim.

        Comment

        • banditcom
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 6243

          #19
          Yea the 16th go with the song, obviously.. but there is no flow.. It goes from one pattern into another.. There was one section about 5/6ths of the way through that was good though. :P

          Look at Reach's Air at his end stream. It's basically big flowing patterns that go into each other. Yours are very small patterns that are just placed together...

          Comment

          • Bahamut-X
            FFR Player
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Nov 2004
            • 3399

            #20
            So all I need to work on is stream flow? I've never been good at streams, or maybe I'm self-biased and make patterns only I like, which is what I did with this. Thought they were good, but I guess not. I'll try to make better streams next time

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #21
              Yeah, that was my main complaint, too. I didn't like how out of place the jacks were, either - not that they didn't fit, but that they totally throw the difficulty of the whole song (basically turns a AAA into a non-FC) - but the stream flow is the main problem. It's really not THAT bad; it can add a neat challenge aspect into the sim. The three problems with that it sucks for indexes, it can turn out extremely unfun (rofl unfun), and it doesn't change how hard the song is because of the aforementioned jacks.

              I did like it, though. I'd hit it. (8/10)

              Comment

              • NuclearShadow
                FFR Player
                • Jul 2005
                • 1971

                #22
                Originally posted by banditcom
                Yea the 16th go with the song, obviously.. but there is no flow.. It goes from one pattern into another.. There was one section about 5/6ths of the way through that was good though. :P

                Look at Reach's Air at his end stream. It's basically big flowing patterns that go into each other. Yours are very small patterns that are just placed together...
                Hey that's what I said about his streams!! I thought it felt awkward. His MSWGO I mean.
                Originally posted by Synthlight
                I am retiring from SM as of right now. I am sick of beating you all with my perfect triple hamstrings and AAAAAA's. I have nothing more to accomplish.

                Cheers,

                Synthlight

                Comment

                • Zaghurim
                  FFR Player
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 3664

                  #23
                  Originally posted by banditcom
                  Yea the 16th go with the song, obviously.. but there is no flow.. It goes from one pattern into another.. There was one section about 5/6ths of the way through that was good though. :P

                  Look at Reach's Air at his end stream. It's basically big flowing patterns that go into each other. Yours are very small patterns that are just placed together...
                  Quoted for the eyes of Exige

                  Comment

                  • xExigex
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 207

                    #24
                    read it before you posted that ***

                    Comment

                    • Snapps
                      NO DOUBT GET LOUD
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 5650

                      #25
                      rofl forum drama

                      Comment

                      • onreload
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 79

                        #26
                        i dunno, personally i think you can just stream random shit if you're going for a more DDR-esque style. that is, going with a beat rather than the music itself, which kind of just mimicks beatmania. like that old Torinouta (the long-version, not PFX's) that just streamed at the end, i mean, i thought it was fun but it's not as hard to create.

                        anybody know what i'm saying? but yeah i think if you're going to do guitar shit like dragonforce you have to change it up in appropriate places. also, i like sparkles...and porno.

                        Comment

                        • Simpson17
                          FFR Player
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 1

                          #27
                          what is a jack?

                          Comment

                          • xExigex
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 207

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Simpson17
                            what is a jack?
                            lol

                            Comment

                            • ddrdanc3r55
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 346

                              #29
                              Originally posted by xExigex
                              Originally posted by Simpson17
                              what is a jack?
                              lol
                              sigged

                              Comment

                              • Zaghurim
                                FFR Player
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 3664

                                #30
                                Originally posted by onreload
                                i dunno, personally i think you can just stream random (#$% if you're going for a more DDR-esque style. that is, going with a beat rather than the music itself, which kind of just mimicks beatmania. like that old Torinouta (the long-version, not PFX's) that just streamed at the end, i mean, i thought it was fun but it's not as hard to create.
                                Going with the beat and creating a piece of shit is as close to each other as you can get. I could take a classical piece and just make it a bunch of 16th's, and that would obviously suck nuts.

                                Comment

                                Working...