[4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • .Gazelle.
    Mr. Skeltal
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2010
    • 1506

    #31
    Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

    ill never not love fast asleep


    Originally posted by LeKrispyKreme
    Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.

    Comment

    • -Tim-
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2014
      • 425

      #32
      Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

      (Tim) BADBOY - intro is a little slow compared to what it ramps up to after that. not bad otherwise, just not super memorable to me. Camellia is becoming a bit overplayed I think. 6/10
      This is fair, it does take a bit to get into the meat of the file but I felt that wouldn't be much of a problem.

      nah son git rdy for da camellia dump pack 2k16 full of 24th/32nd bursts for 10 fucking hours


      Comment

      • Guilhermeziat
        Banned
        • Aug 2013
        • 297

        #33
        Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

        Originally posted by -Tim-
        nah son git rdy for da camellia dump pack 2k16 full of 24th/32nd bursts for 10 fucking hours
        YES!

        Comment

        • Xayphon
          sausage
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2008
          • 1630

          #34
          Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

          Originally posted by shenjoku
          If I wasn't so shit, I would probably play more of these. I can barely handle the 13s, so anything beyond that I'm never going to be able to play (my wrists can't take it anymore and it hurts to even try x.x), which is unfortunate because there are a lot of songs that sound good that I want to play but I just can't. The woes of not being omfgood at StepMania (and old lulz).

          I've kinda just resigned to the fact that most packs are like this. There's always about half the songs I can't even touch because it's way too insane. I can't complain though The ones I can do are really good. So good on you and everyone involved for that.
          Thanks, I'm glad we could at least provide some easier files for people like you!

          Originally posted by SayoYasuda
          I personally didn't feel too attracted to the song list but the simfiles are ok, I couldn't find anything new or notable between the songs I played mainly because they still cater to pro players and you can't really notice fun stepping or expressivemanias on insane charts, song selection is a bit generic too
          I actually didn't think the song choice would be a notable issue with the pack, since usually unique songs are of interest for people that just want to play Stepmania for the music and quality in charts. I'm glad you think the files are ok, though.

          Originally posted by Wafles
          (Xayphon) Gaspard de la nuit - how long did this take you to step? 10/10
          Around 20 hours. Thanks for the reviews man
          Last edited by Xayphon; 12-20-2015, 06:11 PM.

          Comment

          • AragakiAyase
            Waifus
            • Apr 2015
            • 961

            #35
            Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

            Originally posted by shenjoku
            If I wasn't so shit, I would probably play more of these. I can barely handle the 13s, so anything beyond that I'm never going to be able to play (my wrists can't take it anymore and it hurts to even try x.x), which is unfortunate because there are a lot of songs that sound good that I want to play but I just can't. The woes of not being omfgood at StepMania (and old lulz).

            I've kinda just resigned to the fact that most packs are like this. There's always about half the songs I can't even touch because it's way too insane. I can't complain though The ones I can do are really good. So good on you and everyone involved for that.
            Rates

            pikakirby123 reincarnated





            Comment

            • shenjoku
              Wubalubadubdub
              • May 2005
              • 1697

              #36
              Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

              I would use rates it it didn't make the song sound like ass and take waaaaaaay longer I might just do it anyways for some of these just to try it.

              EDIT: I take it back. I'm dumb lol. I'm not sure why I was so against using rates. Probably some bad experience I don't remember anymore.
              Last edited by shenjoku; 12-20-2015, 07:04 PM.
              boop

              Comment

              • MinaciousGrace
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2007
                • 4278

                #37
                Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                so is this like nb6 but not because its more xayphon than icyworld

                kind of like how turquoise is basically just aqua except closer to green instead of blue

                Comment

                • MinaciousGrace
                  FFR Player
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 4278

                  #38
                  Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                  bpm flux patch

                  Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-22-2015, 01:25 AM.

                  Comment

                  • Mahou
                    魔法少女
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 2153

                    #39
                    Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                    Originally posted by shenjoku
                    If I wasn't so shit, I would probably play more of these. I can barely handle the 13s, so anything beyond that I'm never going to be able to play (my wrists can't take it anymore and it hurts to even try x.x), which is unfortunate because there are a lot of songs that sound good that I want to play but I just can't. The woes of not being omfgood at StepMania (and old lulz).

                    I've kinda just resigned to the fact that most packs are like this. There's always about half the songs I can't even touch because it's way too insane. I can't complain though The ones I can do are really good. So good on you and everyone involved for that.
                    Do not feel like you're left out. There are a ton of songs in this pack that I can't handle either.

                    This pack is...different;but please don't think different is a bad thing. I like that it's challenging in some parts, and some are just....bat shit hard.
                    Originally posted by lofty rhino
                    one does not simply hate everyone that plays stepmania
                    AND watch anime.

                    Comment

                    • PhilGh3
                      FFR Player
                      • Dec 2014
                      • 10

                      #40
                      Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                      thanks for your opinions guys

                      Comment

                      • Xayphon
                        sausage
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 1630

                        #41
                        Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                        Osu!Mania convert is now done thanks to Phil

                        >clicky<

                        Comment

                        • -Tim-
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Dec 2014
                          • 425

                          #42
                          Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                          feel like sharing some thoughts on the files i played in this pack here we go:


                          959 BPM - chart has some fuccen brutal sections, but i like that those sections are isolated to the parts where it clearly calls for some extra difficulty and this was very enjoyable regardless

                          die legende - i know like 0% german but damn this version of the opening is good. the initial play had me laughing at some of the bursts (even if they did catch me off guard and fuck my score lmao)

                          drop it - hiiiiiigh we're flyin right up 2 da sky. i had to watch this in auto to remember what the chart was like, and i guess that feels like this wasn't really too memorable despite it selling itself as a straightforward JS/HS chart

                          eviscerate - i fucking loved this, the JS was comfy as fuc and the denser sections didn't overstay their welcome. i don't have a lot to say about it, it was just a gud file bro

                          gradius - this chart is awesome and so is gradius. that one LN minijack section was annoying as shit, but the rest of the file is great.

                          hana - color rain is cute. song is very calming and i really looked forward to playing this when i listened to the song a week prior to release, wasn't disappointed at all

                          like a fuckin' sun -song was overdue for a decent JS chart and this file delivers that. the ending is kind of wonky and feels a lot harder than the rest of the file. chart would be stellar if it weren't for the jump in difficulty, song choice is still great nonetheless (rotteen is like ren trying to be sharpnel lmao)

                          mariachi timebomb - this was bretty neat as an MA file, terminal 11 songs are always fun to listen to.

                          nigro - holy shit this chart knocked me on my ass, i wasn't prepared for almost any of it and the mines made it even worse. on a second playthrough this chart still holds up, purely because it's such a relentless file that barely gives you any room for error

                          OnToMe - really colorful chart, song itself is rly chill which made it a pleasant sightread

                          operation ground and pound - i haven't listened to this song in like 4 years and i still know the lyrics. chart feels like a less asshole-ish version of revolution deathsquad, fun stuff

                          orange trees blue screen - who the fuck made this trash

                          PEPSI MAN - pepsi sucks coca cola is better. the bursts at the start are rly gay but cool shit eitherway

                          Polaroid - take a polaroid it'll last longer take a polaroid it'll last longer take a polaroid it'll last longer take a polaroid it'll last longer take a polaroid it'll last longer take a polaroid it'll last longer take a polaroid it'll last longer take a polaroid it'll last longer (dope song, chart has some rude patterns but i liked it either way)

                          SEVEN - I R E A L L Y L O V E V A P O R W A V E A N D I L O V E T H I S C H A R T

                          Singularity - fucking wacky ass chart, this was fun as fuck icy damn

                          turning up! - lmao
                          Last edited by -Tim-; 12-23-2015, 08:11 PM.


                          Comment

                          • Xayphon
                            sausage
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 1630

                            #43
                            Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                            Originally posted by -Tim-
                            hana - color rain is cute. song is very calming and i really looked forward to playing this when i listened to the song a week prior to release, wasn't disappointed at all
                            The sole reason this file exists is to ~c h i l l~

                            Originally posted by -Tim-
                            orange trees blue screen - who the fuck made this trash
                            bruh

                            Originally posted by -Tim-
                            SEVEN - I R E A L L Y L O V E V A P O R W A V E A N D I L O V E T H I S C H A R T
                            bruh


                            Thanks for the reviews man, I/we appreciate ittt

                            Comment

                            • DigitalS3r4ph
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 984

                              #44
                              Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                              Surprise review time yeah I actually played this what now bitches???
                              (Please note these are just my opinions and numbers are super arbitrary but I included them anyway because subjectivemanias and hey at least I took the time to play and review ya shit rite?)

                              1 - 600 Over!!! - Failed it. 1/10
                              365 United Stars - Hated the mine segments in the beginning. File gets a lot better and more fun during and after the freeze segments. Song isn't my cup of tea though. 7/10
                              959 BPM - Disregard. 959/10
                              American Psycho - Really dumb file. 5/10
                              Badboy - Overlayered but enjoyable for a challenge. 7/10
                              Bulletproof Love - Wow this is terrible as FUCK. 1/10
                              Confronting the Menace - Again, I hate the mines. Decent file otherwise if not repetitive. 6/10
                              Crash Up Against the Inevitable - Pretty good file and cool song. There's more potential in the file but overall I liked it. Will probably play again. 8/10
                              Die Legende - LMFAOO!!!! Only thing holding this file back from greatness is that there isn't also a moderately layered chart for it. Otherwise I'd give it an 8/10.
                              Die Sendung mit der Maus - The hard chart is pretty fun. Expert chart is a dump. 7/10
                              Dizzay - Awesome file. 9/10
                              Drop It - Overlayered dumpstream. 5/10
                              Da Und Ich - Decently fun dumpstream but the song tho. 6/10
                              Fast Asleep - Really good and fun chart. It's files like these that show me you're a competent chart maker. 8/10
                              Forceful Beat - I don't like the song but the chart was fun. 7/10
                              Gaspard de la Nuit - Great file but it is overlayered in some parts which hurts it more than helps. 7/10
                              Gradius 2012 - Overlayered 4/10
                              Hana - Creative song choice but it's so damn repetitive and droning. The last half/climax was fun though. 7/10
                              In Tune With Nature - Overlayered joke file.
                              King for a Day - See above.
                              Like a Fuckin' Sun - Really bad ass file! I love the song and chart is fun as fuck. My only wish is there is an easier/streamier version of the chart too because the jump/hand segments can be too hard for most. 8/10
                              Lol it Down - Nice flow with the notes! 8/10
                              Mariachi Timebomb - The song gave me a major headache. This is what I would use to torture someone. 2/10
                              Nigro - Really hard you fucen nigro. 7/10
                              Open Window - Suprisingly the funnest file I've played in the pack so far. There is just one section I think I would have done differently, and thinking about it, the stream doesn't really make much sense for the song at all.... BUT... Man that stream is fun as fuck. I'll probably be playing this alot. 8/10
                              Orange Trees, Blue Screen - Really nice file and challenging. I would like to play a more jackier/indexable version of it for sure though. If there was a chart for that, the file would feel more complete and get more points. The chart otherwise is kinda eh. 6/10
                              Pepsiman - Most of your files are super dumpstreamy and not to my taste. I had to play this one though because PEPSI MAN. 7/10
                              Renatus - Another polished file. Really fun and kept me hooked, with a good climax. 8/10
                              Seven - a e s t h e t i c / 1 0 i s w h a t i g i v e t h i s
                              Singularity - I saw it was another IcyWorld file so I wondered how badly you could dumpstream Virt tunes. You can dumpstream them well. 6/10
                              Tenku No Shiro Vuerieru - Another overlayered dumpstream. 5/10
                              The Escapade - Felt like is was lazily charted and not a great song to step. 5/10
                              Thwek - BY FAR the best file I've seen from you. 8/10
                              Tsukassa - I give this one an "I'd-rather-just-play-Vanessa /10" but I guess for a joke file this isn't too bad. 6/10
                              Turning Up! - Another dumpstream mashfest. The preview music is also god awful.
                              Yellow Line - God damn it you butchered an otherwise good song. 1/10
                              Kreep Street - This is.... REAALLY bad. Song is good but the file is just REALLY fucking bad lol.

                              If the song is missing from this list, I probably either:
                              A) Didn't play it because I didn't like the preview music, or care to for some other random reason.

                              B) I played it but decided to skip out of it early on because it was not to my taste, and rather than shit on a file for not being my taste, I left it out of the review.

                              Other than that, the pack looks really well polished graphic wise and chart wise. A few great songs and gems I'll play to warm up, and others that just pretty much show how rusty I am at the steps of the maniac variety.

                              Would I recommend this pack to everyone? No. Would I recommend this pack to people who want to build their library with super hard files? Yes.

                              Great effort guys!

                              PM me if you find the secret.

                              Comment

                              • Xayphon
                                sausage
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 1630

                                #45
                                Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

                                True SM og at work here, thanks for the reviews man

                                Comment

                                Working...