d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nick Skyline
    Retired from VSRGs
    • Sep 2012
    • 530

    #61
    Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

    Originally posted by d4u7211
    Oh yeah, send what you like Nick! Both would be awesome, but I can tell you right now I fucking love Call On Me, one of my favorite songs, and for it to be turned into a dump/overstep would be awesome. Looking forward to it!
    Already done and sent.
    How Differences in Communication Norms Can Cause Interpaiensronsal Conflict - by dAnceguy117
    Soundcloud Profile

    Comment

    • d4u7211
      Aficionado of Awk
      • Oct 2006
      • 1276

      #62
      Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

      File Reviews: All from Nick Skyline

      Bianca Friere Fucks a Few Fresh Veggies
      I had to laugh while testing it - it's definitely a strange song, but it's stepped very accurately. Has appropriate layering and is a good challenge. Lost of nice bursts and minijacks, overall enjoyable

      Call On Me
      Just plain awesome - the file is hardpain as fuck, and the additions of hands in the second stream is just mean. The file did have a bit of downtime in it, taking away from the difficulty a bit, but it's still a good stamina test, and its a fun song to play to

      Heartbeat
      Technical as fuck, I have no clue how you have the patience to step such small changes in beat, but this is definitely a gem I'm proud to add to this pack. Very hard to MA without being extremely difficult, which is a good balance for those who want to test their accuracy

      Thanks again Nick for your submissions!

      An update on time: It looks like the pack will most likely be out in the middle of August. Work and school is catching up with me, what with the final approaching at the end of the month, and now I'm putting in extra days so that I can travel to Louisiana for a wedding next weekend. I'll have very little time to do stepping, but I will still accept and review submissions as they come in. I'll try to step small projects I have lined up during this time so that longer files don't get pushed aside and botched up.
      Hardpain of Hell RELEASED!!!

      Comment

      • Wafles
        FFR Player
        • Feb 2013
        • 1988

        #63
        Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

        Sending you another file after I do some graphics. Super short file, like 1:17 i think, but it should make a good fit for your pack.
        Last edited by Wafles; 07-14-2013, 10:47 PM.

        http://smleaderboards.net/profile/view/Wafles

        Comment

        • d4u7211
          Aficionado of Awk
          • Oct 2006
          • 1276

          #64
          Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

          This pack is still open, homies. I'm nearly finished with the files I have in place. I want to get this pack out before a lot of the other packs take off, etc, since I'm noticing a lot more pop up, and this one has been running for a while. I was going to step about 10 more files, but that's because I keep adding songs to the pack. I need to cut it off, so I will step about 5 more files and call it a day. After that, there will be editing done to some of the earlier files I made, including gfx additions, sync fixes, and a few pattern edits here and there, and I will be done.

          I estimate that the pack will be done by August 20th. I'll save the other file ideas I have for submissions in other packs.

          Updates:

          Varana by Wafles:
          Bouncy short song which mainly tests speed. One decently long high speed stream, the rest is just about triplet timing. Not much to say, but it adds a lot to the pack

          Short-notice submission: Smile by Shadow1800
          This song was pretty much auto accepted when I played it, which, needless to say, I didn't even know it was going to be added to the pack. Very systematic dump that tests alternating trill speeds and bursts, really really fun file

          Also added a couple of songs I powered through while I was quiet
          Last edited by d4u7211; 07-30-2013, 10:16 AM.
          Hardpain of Hell RELEASED!!!

          Comment

          • d4u7211
            Aficionado of Awk
            • Oct 2006
            • 1276

            #65
            Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

            Double post because bump on updates

            I somehow missed two very appreciated submissions (I think my inbox didn't sync all the way to date when I checked on the 30th lmao) from the one and only Kaiten123 <3

            Spiral:
            This file was just pure madness, but a great challenge and a pretty high speed as well. Lots of high speed 32nd note streams, awesome choice of song, good song length as well. dem spiralssss

            Booty Wave:
            fddidjdjfjfjejjehx wat is this lmao, just what I would expect from you man, hilarious song choice, awkward note snap transitions, lots of jumpstreams, high speed, awkward patterns, this song has it all. super fun, glad to have it in the pack

            All in all these fit really well into the pack, theyre really rough and a bit lengthy (for their step density), gives good practice for those getting into the upper tier, but not too hard that it's unreachable for most.
            Hardpain of Hell RELEASED!!!

            Comment

            • GammaBlaster
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2011
              • 1317

              #66
              Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

              So I found a friend of mine who still had my old iYiYi file I made back in 2010. Seems like a decent candidate for this pack, so I might as well give it a shot, though not cutting the song after the second chorus may be a bit of concern.

              ...Right after I change the background. I'm keeping my old alias on it (Cleaner88HPi) since it's an old file.

              EDIT: just noticed this:

              Originally posted by d4u7211
              Feel Better / Renard - jumpgluts, jumpstreams, bursts
              I stepped that file too back in early 2012

              Last edited by GammaBlaster; 08-9-2013, 02:55 AM.
              https://soundcloud.com/aquellex/crystal-chamber-combustion

              Comment

              • XelNya
                [Kaho]
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2012
                • 3369

                #67
                Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

                I am unsure if you're taking submissions still, if you are great, I sent you two, if not, feel free to disregard them.

                They're OPs.

                Comment

                • d4u7211
                  Aficionado of Awk
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 1276

                  #68
                  Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

                  Submissions are still OPEN!

                  I'm contemplating opening a "last call" thread to round up a few more files while I step the last few files and add finishing touches.
                  The pack will consist of a difficulty out of 20, and an extra "21" setting for dumps that are meant to be impossible. If you gave me a file with a difficulty that does not scale correctly in the pack it WILL be changed! Notify me if you have problems. (so far it looks like there's only one that I had lying around - I will not accept these files).

                  --------

                  Thanks GammaBlaster and XelNya for submitting! These files are definitely somewhat of the difficulty range i was looking for, really awesome. Thanks for making gfx for them too, that's the absolute last thing on my list of things to do for the pack, and the more gfx done the better.

                  iYiYi - GammaBlaster
                  fucking intense is all I have to say. very lengthy file too, especially for its caliber. basically a nice hard dump (hehu) which is exactly what I needed

                  Siglemic's OP - XelNya
                  definitely more on the comedy side, which i feel like we need a little more of in the pack. Not too difficult, but lengthy enough. It's actually a pretty good intro file to those who haven't yet reached the mina/kaiten stages of possible dumps, more along the midare's easier stuff, which is perfect. The point is that it's fun and that's all that matters. Plus, rate mods exist

                  March of the Big Birds - XelNya
                  This song is pretty brutal, lots of weird areas that may or may not call for patternmanips, doesn't help that there are a shit ton of mines x.x not exactly my style, but variety is a must right now. difficult file, so it makes it in the pack easy
                  Hardpain of Hell RELEASED!!!

                  Comment

                  • yo man im awesome
                    soleil ardent
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2007
                    • 6514

                    #69
                    Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

                    just saw your thing on my file now, I'd prefer you beef up the Heavy chart yourself, then send that to me. From there I'll debate whether I'll make a harder Oni chart or not. Consider it a collab

                    Originally posted by choof
                    you double dad loving dipshit
                    Originally posted by t-rogdor
                    dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                    Originally posted by smartdude1212
                    I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                    Comment

                    • XelNya
                      [Kaho]
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 3369

                      #70
                      Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

                      Originally posted by d4u7211
                      Waltz of the Big Birds - XelNya
                      This song is pretty brutal, lots of weird areas that may or may not call for patternmanips, doesn't help that there are a shit ton of mines x.x not exactly my style, but variety is a must right now. difficult file, so it makes it in the pack easy


                      As to Siglemic's, it's more of a humorous chart I think you could play on rates, which was the intention. Which adds to the humor.

                      Comment

                      • d4u7211
                        Aficionado of Awk
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 1276

                        #71
                        Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

                        Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                        just saw your thing on my file now, I'd prefer you beef up the Heavy chart yourself, then send that to me. From there I'll debate whether I'll make a harder Oni chart or not. Consider it a collab
                        Sounds good, I'll be able to make it harder in notime. I might be able to get it done today if I have to motivation (I'm currently working on Artichoke King, it isn't completely finished. that file has so much shit going on in it lol)
                        Hardpain of Hell RELEASED!!!

                        Comment

                        • Wafles
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 1988

                          #72
                          Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

                          I'm gonna make one more awesome chart for you to make up for how awful Varana is lol, and yeah scale the difficulties however you'd like.

                          http://smleaderboards.net/profile/view/Wafles

                          Comment

                          • d4u7211
                            Aficionado of Awk
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 1276

                            #73
                            Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

                            imo varana is fun haha, its one of those files that isnt spectacular but for whatever reason it's fun as hell to replay
                            Hardpain of Hell RELEASED!!!

                            Comment

                            • Wafles
                              FFR Player
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 1988

                              #74
                              Re: d4u7211's Hardpain of Hell (Hardpain/dumpfile/JS Pack - NEED INPUT/FEEDBACK)

                              Well, it might be interesting but I still want to send you another file that took more than 10 minutes to make lol

                              http://smleaderboards.net/profile/view/Wafles

                              Comment

                              Working...