In The Groove Calorie Count.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SethSquall
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2004
    • 5477

    #16
    Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

    ITG is still an awesome work out. And to be told you burned 2060 isn't a bad thing. It may be over zealous but it's certainly not a bad thing. At least you have been doing it.

    This is funny. As I've made a work out routine.

    2 Hour ITG a day. (this alone would be enough for me personally)
    2 Hour Rock Band drums a day.
    Walk for half hour.

    Win. Seriously, working out is fun. It's not the same as going down the gym or doing weights blah blah blah but I'm telling you it's more than enough for anyone to stay fit.
    Originally posted by Tibs
    I love you, you Welsh ****

    Comment

    • jellygod
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2007
      • 1703

      #17
      Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

      im guessing that realistically playing on heavy, playing level 8s+ for an hour you would burn about 700-800 calories depending on your weight.

      RETIRED
      ___________________________
      Best AAAs- Monstrous Turtles, Get down
      Styles- index,spread
      Tier Points: 148
      Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
      "Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

      Comment

      • TC_Halogen
        Rhythm game specialist.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2008
        • 19376

        #18
        Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

        Imagine someone who is like 200 lb or so who plays a level 13 song that has about 800 steps. O_O

        That is a lot of calories lost. >.>

        Comment

        • dore
          caveman pornstar
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2006
          • 6317

          #19
          Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

          Originally posted by TC_Halogen
          Imagine someone who is like 200 lb or so who plays a level 13 song that has about 800 steps. O_O

          That is a lot of calories lost. >.>
          I'm 190 and I can tell you it's a hell of a feeling lol
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #20
            Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

            XD

            Holy SHET I PASSED SUMMER I AM AWES--- *passes out*

            Comment

            • funmonkey54
              The Chill Keeper
              • Oct 2007
              • 4127

              #21
              Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

              Originally posted by TC_Halogen
              Imagine someone who is like 200 lb or so who plays a level 13 song that has about 800 steps. O_O

              That is a lot of calories lost. >.>
              I weigh 238.
              I should try this.

              Comment

              • dore
                caveman pornstar
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Feb 2006
                • 6317

                #22
                Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

                Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                XD

                Holy SHET I PASSED SUMMER I AM AWES--- *passes out*
                It's not that bad. Well, I came close my first time through Max 300 lol. But I was 180 and like 6 inches shorter
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                Comment

                • Patashu
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 8609

                  #23
                  Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

                  I think the calorie usage per song is roughly flat because the better you are the more efficiently you step and thus the less calories you'll burn per step (presumably) but of course you're playing songs with more steps and harder patterns now so it balances out.

                  ps I passed out once after playing max 300 and paranoia survivor heavy in a row oh and dead end right after that was the tipping point hehe
                  Patashu makes Chiptunes in Famitracker:
                  http://soundcloud.com/patashu/8bit-progressive-metal-fading-world
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Mechadragon/smallpackbanner.png
                  Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
                  http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

                  Comment

                  • gnr61
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 7251

                    #24
                    Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

                    Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                    Imagine someone who is like 200 lb or so who plays a level 13 song that has about 800 steps. O_O

                    That is a lot of calories lost. >.>
                    im 215 and i can pass pandemonium with like 400 combo from the beginning (i later get very tired and miss a bunch but i can score well while i have the endurance hehe). the first time i did it though i came pretty damn close to throwing up and i had to sit down for a while lol.

                    what patashu said about skill is very true as well. when i've seen people in much better shape than i am play on standard or light mode just starting out, they still get tired very quickly because they haven't adapted to methods of conserving energy while playing. my cousin runs cross country and has great endurance but had to stop playing after just a few songs on standard mode because he didn't know how to spend little energy while playing. so when you get good, you probably burn a LOT fewer calories
                    squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

                    Comment

                    • ddr_f4n
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 3807

                      #25
                      Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

                      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                      XD

                      Holy SHET I PASSED SUMMER I AM AWES--- *passes out*
                      Reminded me of this
                      Out Now!


                      Older Releases:
                      Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                      Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                      東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                      Comment

                      • Superfreak04
                        D7 Elite Keymasher
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 2407

                        #26
                        Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

                        Originally posted by SethSquall
                        ITG is still an awesome work out. And to be told you burned 2060 isn't a bad thing. It may be over zealous but it's certainly not a bad thing. At least you have been doing it.

                        This is funny. As I've made a work out routine.

                        2 Hour ITG a day. (this alone would be enough for me personally)
                        2 Hour Rock Band drums a day.
                        Walk for half hour.

                        Win. Seriously, working out is fun. It's not the same as going down the gym or doing weights blah blah blah but I'm telling you it's more than enough for anyone to stay fit.
                        Yeah I'm starting to play 2 hours a day, then I lift weights and such. And do other activities such as skateboarding.

                        Comment

                        • Flandre Scarlet
                          Death
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 903

                          #27
                          Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

                          I lose at least 1900-2500 calories in 2 hours when I play DDR/ITG. I don't know how to conserve energy and play flatfoot etc to keep my stamina on Max 300 and stuff like Xuxa, Summer, Delirium, and July on Expert, so I burn more. And that's with a lower metabolism from not running 3-5 miles a day for cross country.
                          Playing FFR/Lurking around the forums since Dec. 2004

                          Comment

                          • Xiaounlimited
                            Eaguru
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 2832

                            #28
                            Re: In The Groove Calorie Count.

                            Originally posted by Flandre Scarlet
                            I lose at least 1900-2500 calories in 2 hours
                            Why aren't you dead yet?
                            Why would you put that in your signature? You've lost your signature rights for a month. (You'll get them back on March 10th, 2012.)

                            Comment

                            Working...