Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kaspar389
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2006
    • 4

    #1

    Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

    What is your opinion?

    Im a first time gamer of Guitar Hero

    I played it once..the first GH. For christmas Im asking for GH...not sure if I want I or II

    What do you think?

    -First time Gamer


    I heard the song list isnt as good in II
    16
    Guitar Hero I
    0%
    1
    Guitar Hero II
    0%
    15
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #2
    Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

    Guitar Hero has much better song choices over Guitar Hero II and is generally a lot more fun, even without co-op.

    Go for the original Guitar Hero. Unless you're a huge rock music buff, you won't know half of the songs on Guitar Hero II, and even the ones you do know are barely any fun.

    Comment

    • Kaspar389
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2006
      • 4

      #3
      Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

      Originally posted by Squeek
      Guitar Hero has much better song choices over Guitar Hero II and is generally a lot more fun, even without co-op.

      Go for the original Guitar Hero. Unless you're a huge rock music buff, you won't know half of the songs on Guitar Hero II, and even the ones you do know are barely any fun.
      Thanks

      Very Good review

      I just thought the bass part would be cool.

      Comment

      • Alaeviea
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2005
        • 85

        #4
        Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

        GH2. Like 15+ additional songs. Guitar Hero 1 is way to easy and you'll finish it a lot quicker than Guitar Hero 2. Plus, GH2 has Co-op multiplayer mode and Pro- faceoff multiplayer. AND practice mode where you can play sections of a song your having trouble on and play it at slower speeds to learn the chords easier. Guitar Hero 1 just doesnt have much to it =/

        Comment

        • Kaspar389
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2006
          • 4

          #5
          Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

          Originally posted by Alaeviea
          GH2. Like 15+ additional songs. Guitar Hero 1 is way to easy and you'll finish it a lot quicker than Guitar Hero 2. Plus, GH2 has Co-op multiplayer mode and Pro- faceoff multiplayer. AND practice mode where you can play sections of a song your having trouble on and play it at slower speeds to learn the chords easier. Guitar Hero 1 just doesnt have much to it =/
          Yeah

          BUT THE SONGS

          Lol

          Man, I really wanna play bass, and rythme, but I love the songs on GH1

          I would ask for GH1 bundle(game and guitar) and ask for the GH2 disk only, but I dont really care, cause I dont know if I will like the game that much to continue, ya know?

          Comment

          • Kaspar389
            FFR Player
            • Dec 2006
            • 4

            #6
            Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

            Sorry for the rush,but I have to tell my parents which one by today.

            Comment

            • Curlybrace
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2006
              • 1

              #7
              Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

              IMHO, Guitar Hero 2 is just awesome. It rocks my socks. Come on, it's got Trogdor. Trogdor!!! Also, I'll echo the support for the practice mode - there were sections that were seriously kicking my ass on higher difficulties, but with a few times practicing them slowest, then slower, then slow, then full speed, I got them. It's the only way I could've beat hard so quickly I think.

              It's true I didn't know a lot of the songs, but I liked them anyway. In the earlier sections there are ones that lots of people know from popular (if sometimes old) grouops (Nirvana and The Police come to mind). The later sections, to me, got less and less mainstream, but that didn't make them worse songs. Plus, hey, I know them now. Huzzah for expanding horizons!

              And the Trogor comes in the NIIIIIGHT!!!

              Comment

              • SCWolf
                ༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
                • Jun 2006
                • 1662

                #8
                Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

                FRIGGIN' SWEET MAAAAAAN. yeah it's pretty fun. I first played GH2 at EB Games. It was fun.

                Comment

                • Metalmuppet
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 44

                  #9
                  Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

                  I'd say GHII. Because of the Hammer-ons and Pull-offs. In GHI, The HO/PO's weren't possible and everyone ended up strumming every note. In GHII, the HO/PO's are tweaked so that you can do them. It makes the solos easier.

                  Comment

                  • Metalmuppet
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 44

                    #10
                    Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

                    Originally posted by Alaeviea
                    GH2. Like 15+ additional songs. Guitar Hero 1 is way to easy and you'll finish it a lot quicker than Guitar Hero 2. Plus, GH2 has Co-op multiplayer mode and Pro- faceoff multiplayer. AND practice mode where you can play sections of a song your having trouble on and play it at slower speeds to learn the chords easier. Guitar Hero 1 just doesnt have much to it =/
                    True.

                    And GHII lets you do Hammer-ons and Pull-offs so it makes the solos on the GHII songs a lot easier.

                    Comment

                    • LoganA
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 57

                      #11
                      Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

                      They are both fun, but I still prefer Guitar Freaks overall

                      Comment

                      • raver_408
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 31

                        #12
                        Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

                        It's fun but it gets boring.
                        At least to me, but if the guitar kind of person, get it.
                        I prefer DM.

                        Comment

                        • Azn_Dragon_Slayer
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 5

                          #13
                          Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

                          Guitar Hero Rulez!!!

                          Comment

                          • Squeek
                            let it snow~
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 14444

                            #14
                            Re: Guitar Hero...Your Opinion

                            This is the second time you've made an irrelevant post out of your first two posts.

                            I'd recommend thinking about how your posts contribute to the topic at-hand before posting again.

                            Oh, and don't bump old threads.

                            Comment

                            Working...