Does FFR make you better at DDR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • babybenji2004
    Banned
    • Jan 2004
    • 446

    #16
    As most said ffr/sm does help with reading. Of course i can beat C600 and other high speeds but i still can't see the arrows on max period at the end

    Comment

    • Larena
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2004
      • 7

      #17
      I just tried DDR again. I havn't played it in about 6 monthes and when I tried it about 6 monthes ago I really sucked.........I was a little bit better...... .....but not much

      Comment

      • Anuj
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2003
        • 5998

        #18
        Well obviously if you only play once every 6 months, you aren't going to be getting any better... If you want to get IMMENSE improvement you should play at least 2-3 times a week


        Comment

        • GregHead
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 306

          #19
          I find stepmania is ok for learning rythm, but not as much as playing DDR itself.

          Comment

          • xharukoharuharax
            FFR Player
            • Dec 2004
            • 14

            #20
            depends on your mad skillz

            Comment

            • Burninthefloor
              FFR Player
              • Dec 2004
              • 26

              #21
              I played DDR at home before I started FFR and now when I play I hit the mat to early. FFR arrows seem to move a lot quicker than those on DDR. So now every step is two early and the arrows seem like they are going turtle speed. If you want to get better, practice DDR and stop FFR. That's just my opinion, but I feel it doesn;t help at all.

              -Let's go for it
              Now you can't miss
              Al-Though-This-Was-The-Be-Gining
              Beware because the end is here

              Comment

              • nightslayer
                FFR Player
                • Feb 2004
                • 46

                #22
                personally, the only ways it helps are timing and reading abilities... which are basically the only things u need unless u are really out of shape... but the way i use it is i play easy songs in ffr with a pad (system adaptor) or boost up the timing in stepmania so that is at like 6 or 7 instead of 4. If you really want to get technical, im still playing stepmania or ffr, thus it improves ur ddr skills. ill play the hard songs (silence, most classical songs) with the keyboard cuz... its impossible to do that with your feet, but if you play ffr and stepmania the way i do, then it does help with ddr (I went from not being close to AAing a heavy song to AAAing a few in about 2 or 3 weeks).

                Comment

                • Chromer
                  Hookers and Blow
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 4981

                  #23
                  Actually I learned how to play DDR by playing FFR in a weird way I guess.....

                  Comment

                  • Parrotlegs
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 8

                    #24
                    not really

                    Comment

                    • Tsuteto
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2004
                      • 1312

                      #25
                      Only in reading, but even then, that doesn't account for anything. SM/FFR you can play with your fingers on like, insane levels no prob. However, the reaction is different. Your fingers react quicker than your legs do, so you would still need training in your legs. There isn't really any boost in skill at all, save for those few who somehow make a bridge connection.

                      Now can people stop bumping this? It's WAY past three days old.

                      Comment

                      • iopq
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 569

                        #26
                        Well, I'm horrible at DDR, but that's because I'm horrible at FFR.

                        The DDR tutorial actually helped me with FFR because it showed alternating arrows as a pattern. I didn't really do well on those people I tried to read them one by one, not as a unit.

                        It just takes a lot of practice in both for them to help each other. A player who played 1000+ hours of SM and 5 hours of DDR will be worse than someone who played 10 hours of DDR and no SM. (assuming their foot-eye coordination is the same to begin with)

                        But 1000+ hours of SM and 1000 hours of DDR would make a better player than 1005 hours of DDR and no SM =D

                        Comment

                        • ddrfreak0
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 28

                          #27
                          no it sort of sucks the ddr goodness out of me
                          lol

                          Comment

                          • ckj846
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 2437

                            #28
                            I think that the ddr helped me get better at FFR and vice versa. I learned patterns from FFR and some technique from ddr... sounds kinda weird but its true.
                            pyro31191: TELL EVERYONE YOU WANT TO TAKE IT IN THE ASS NOW
                            pyro31191: rofl
                            pyro31191: You should tell them earlier though
                            pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights

                            Comment

                            • the_daiz
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 27

                              #29
                              Well, DDR is not really affected by your FFR play except it makes your eyes faster for spotting arrows. Notice how in DDR, the arrows scroll slower that in FFR, this is very good for your experience in my opinion, I got DDR Extreme 2 days ago and I think the actual difference is HUGE.

                              Comment

                              • carolynrules12
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2005
                                • 5

                                #30
                                whats SM?

                                Comment

                                Working...