A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MaxGhost
    FFR Veteran
    • Feb 2008
    • 2141

    #16
    Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

    Why are we holding on to old shitty stuff in the game? All the backgrounds and uncolored files should be converted/fixed. It's an absolute turn-off to new players when they see absolutely horrible quality stuff like that. The "I worked so hard for this score" argument is hardly valid. This is a rhythm game, not a "blindly tap keys in hope of getting perfects cause I'm blinded by these terrible annoyances" game.

    Comment

    • ninjaKIWI
      plain old ugly ass dumbas
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 3307

      #17
      Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

      Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
      If there is going to be a background video or background to a file, there needs to be a rule that it must be darkened for sake of playing.
      I disagree with this. I think Marisa and P4U are totally acceptable, the BG's make it more difficult, but I enjoy that.

      I do agree that the video quality in Jae's two files is pretty horrendous. I like the videos a lot, they make the files more interesting to play, but it's kind of bothersome when they're so low quality.
      Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
      "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
      "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
      "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
      "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
      "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
      "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

      Comment

      • who_cares973
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2006
        • 15407

        #18
        Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

        PS the person who made the videos also made the songs to go along with each other.

        Comment

        • bmah
          shots FIRED
          Profile Moderator
          FFR Simfile Author
          Global Moderator
          • Oct 2003
          • 8448

          #19
          Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

          The videos in these songs were more or less an experiment to see how well-received they would be from the community in a less distracting way than previous bg videos. So thanks for voicing your thoughts, Middie.

          My personal opinion: the videos weren't all that distracting, even if one of them had epileptic flashes. I could focus on the arrows without being interrupted by the videos themselves.

          And for those who commented on the quality of the videos: you have a choice to make - either high quality videos which lag the game more/increases the loading time of the song, or low quality videos which looks worse but reduces potential lag.
          Last edited by bmah; 12-28-2011, 08:59 AM.

          Comment

          • nois-or-e
            SponCon Aficionado
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2007
            • 3250

            #20
            Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

            Originally posted by who_cares973
            PS the person who made the videos also made the songs to go along with each other.
            Aliceffekt made both videos, and though it is less noticable in shiivers, the visuals are almost 'reacting' to the music. The quality in shiivers is pretty dismal to begin with. In illumitees it is a bit better, but as doss said, was darkened a little due to the nature of the video.

            Both videos can be seen at 100% quality here and here.

            Thanks for the comments/critiques guys, glad some people like them, sad that others don't :L

            //2cents


            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
            ...and I apologize if this is in the wrong section.
            Probably should have gone in general talk as it is discussion about something ffr related and not really a bug report, but it is sort of suggestion-y in its nature too, so it's cool ;D
            Last edited by nois-or-e; 12-28-2011, 09:03 AM.

            Comment

            • Nullifidian
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2007
              • 1837

              #21
              Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

              The video is part of the concept of the file. You don't like it? Move on.
              Nothing in here I see as a valid reason for removal, it's just personal preference. The flashing just adds to the challenge of the file.

              edit:
              Personally I think the videobackgrounds give an extra layer of depth to the files. It's more immersive as someone already mentioned, and puts you in a state. As far as scoring goes, I don't really see this as scoring files. Sure, an AAA on them is nice, but it's more about the visual experience in these files imo.
              Last edited by Nullifidian; 12-28-2011, 09:15 AM.

              Comment

              • jimerax
                ★★★★★
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2003
                • 8185

                #22
                Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                I know some people like BG vids and some people dislike them, so I'm doing a statistical investigation for the preference or readability/playability issues.

                From my current recognition, BG video itself doesn't cause critical issues as long as the coloring of the video doesn't disturb arrows and the file is relatively easy + token.

                As for the quality of videos, I think they are acceptable but some fixes from nois/dossar are welcome if they want.

                Comment

                • ichliebekase
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2006
                  • 3213

                  #23
                  Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                  They're both token files, so scores don't matter as much as they would if they were public.

                  Also, how would some of you feel if someone said to remove files that you worked pretty damn hard on? I personally would be kind of upset and discouraged, but I guess Jae has thicker skin than me. (This isn't an attack towards anyone at all, I'm just making a point.)

                  I haven't played either of the files, maybe I could have a more solid opinion on the matter if I did. But as many have said, the videos go with the songs, and the brightness was reduced to 25%. Work with what you're given, and just remember that these songs are tokens.
                  Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
                  We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
                  =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
                  Garden Party - Dance, level 38

                  Comment

                  • MaxGhost
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 2141

                    #24
                    Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                    Sorry to take this off-course once again, but who do you really think will care if backgrounds/videos are removed from their old files? Honestly, out with the old in with the new makes more sense. I'd rather have consistent quality among files. Why are we keeping files that are only hard because of how badly they were stepped? That will never make sense to me.

                    Comment

                    • bmah
                      shots FIRED
                      Profile Moderator
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      Global Moderator
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 8448

                      #25
                      Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                      Some appreciate the artistic aspects of it. Your viewpoint doesn't represent everyone else's or even the majority. From a casual player's standpoint, it's a neat feature. For serious players, their opinions may more closely resemble yours.

                      Secondly, we're getting onto a different topic as soon as you mention how "badly" a song is stepped.

                      Comment

                      • nois-or-e
                        SponCon Aficionado
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 3250

                        #26
                        Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                        Originally posted by MaxGhost
                        who do you really think will care if backgrounds/videos are removed from their old files?

                        pssst, these 2 files were released in the last 2 weeks ;D

                        Comment

                        • MaxGhost
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 2141

                          #27
                          Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                          Originally posted by nois-or-e
                          pssst, these 2 files were released in the last 2 weeks ;D
                          Yeah I know. I mean, I'm talking about stuff like skellybones, SSSG, etc. but yeah this is off-topic.

                          I don't see how for casual players stuff that hinder their gameplay can think it's a neat feature at all. A couple of my friends tried out FFR then complained about the inconsistent quality in songs, e.g. BNS files vs new files.

                          Anyways, my opinion on this topic is just that it should be an engine option like in SM where we can change the brightness of videos in the game.

                          Comment

                          • bmah
                            shots FIRED
                            Profile Moderator
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            Global Moderator
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 8448

                            #28
                            Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                            I would prefer that myself. Except that on FFR, the bgs and videos are taken into account for overall difficulty, whereas this isn't usually the case on SM...

                            Comment

                            • ninjaKIWI
                              plain old ugly ass dumbas
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 3307

                              #29
                              Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                              Nobody plays with BGs on SM, though. I only do for very few files, where the BG is important.
                              Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
                              "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
                              "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
                              "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
                              "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
                              "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
                              "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

                              Comment

                              • ScarletSky
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Jan 2011
                                • 1811

                                #30
                                Re: A Correspondances Illumitees / Elektrik Shiivers

                                I don't know how to play without them. >.>
                                Maybe that's why I suck at it.

                                Comment

                                Working...