Sorry, but this is rediculous.
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Sorry, but this is rediculous.
I remember how in some user-made Roleplays on Gaia (especially by the more literate and sensible users), there would be a rule in the middle of the set of rules that said, "Type [this word] somewhere in your character's profile to confirm you have read the rules."
It worked out quite well, although I modified the practice by sticking a second word in the middle of the RP description, because nobody read my descriptions, causing confusion and ruining the story or setting.
Yeah, that is a very good idea, and I support it fully. For extra security, I might stick a piece of the code in each major section of the rules, so people will HAVE to read the entire rules to find them all.My little corner of Local Reality Quotes:
Zack: Okay, I've got tampons, a Venus razor, now to stop at Victoria's secret.
Joe: Uh, I think you're taking this joke a little too far. Seriously. I can understand going off to buy a bra, but TAMPONS? You're starting to kill the joke. And do I really have to come with you?
Zack: Shut up. It's funny.
Last edited by Meiloyn : Today at 06:09 PM. Reason: Removed NSFW contentComment
-
Re: Sorry, but this is rediculous.
that is a good one...
just like that professor who always told his students to look thru the entire test before taking it in order to answer all the easy ones first then tackle the harder ones later. and on test day and the very end of the test booklet it said if you read this before [such and such time] you get an A. and only one student got it cuz he read thru it...yea...irrelevant i kno, but it made me think of it
Comment
-
Re: Sorry, but this is rediculous.
Think about the lurkers man!But what are the chances that theyll read it? I say that new posters have to post in a noob forum for about 50 posts so they can learn their way around. Then when they make 50 posts, theyll get access to the rest of the forums. There will also be mods giving out warnings and bans like crazy (but within reason) to all the kiddies.
Anyway, I as for rules. I didnt read all of them, but I read the ones I need. I know how to forum, yet some forums have some rules that others dont. Forcing EVERYBODY new to read the rules makes the people that actually have some respect into unneeded timewasting.
Although, if there is anyway to make a limit to how many characters there has to be in each post, and if this could be done for only people under x-many amount of post, you could set a bottom limit creating it impossible for noobs to say something like. "wat idont get it???"
This of cource makes it likely for people to spam, but we dont want their kind here anyway, so... BAN!Comment
-
Re: Sorry, but this is rediculous.
I say...
"READ THE RULES. YOU WILL BE TAKING A TWENTY QUESTION MULTIPLE CHOICE QUIZ TO SEE IF YOU UNDERSTAND THEM."
If you score 80% or higher, you can continue to the terms and conditions, etc, or, if you fail, you have to reread the rules, and retake different versions of the quiz until you score that high.Last edited by Windscarredfaith; 03-12-2007, 07:58 PM.
Comment
-
Comment
Instead of just clicking agree, have a code somewhere in the rules that they need to type into a box before it will allow them to sign up or post.


Comment