FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jimerax
    ★★★★★
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Nov 2003
    • 8185

    #226
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

    Well, players can post any reviews of released files unless they are simply flaming/offense, and the steppers can pick ones they listen to from these.

    If your opinion is reasonable, constructive, specific, there will be more chance for getting it received by them (just posting something like "I hate it", "bad" don't really help anything).

    Keep it up.

    Comment

    • TC_Halogen
      Rhythm game specialist.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2008
      • 19376

      #227
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

      Originally posted by DarkZtar
      I used to PA FMO's well, but then I took an arrow to the knee =(

      srs note: gg D5. I'm dumping like 10 goods in the midsection 32nd bursts alone. >.<
      I had only heard of this meme YESTERDAY, and god dammit it's on FFR already.

      Comment

      • hi19hi19
        lol happy
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Oct 2005
        • 12194

        #228
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

        Originally posted by bmah
        You've already stated this numerous times. Give it a break.
        Okay.

        I had to vent, I'm better now.


        Comment

        • who_cares973
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2006
          • 15407

          #229
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

          **** YOUR SHIT BMAH IMMA LOSE BCUZ U

          caps

          Comment

          • MarioNintendo
            Expect delays.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Mar 2008
            • 4181

            #230
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

            Originally posted by YOSHl
            bmah's file really has grown on me. That's all I will say. The burst are an interesting choice in the file, but i think it's a unique way of approaching it. Anyways, I don't think anyone would have gone about stepping every single sound in the song (always a bad idea lol), and bmah went with his choice of lolbursts. Stepcharts are personal expression. It feels like everyone's hating on bmah because of how he thinks :P
            People hate bmah because they're jealous of the fact he always picks the good songs to step before anyone else can. At least, if I hated him, this would be the reason ;P
            Long live the arcade!

            Comment

            • the1
              FFR Player
              • May 2003
              • 239

              #231
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

              I still like wiinter and bmahs steps, but I guess I'm the only one

              also YOSHI I think I remember you from middie's tournament :O you've gotten like 50x better than me hahaha
              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              ...

              Comment

              • AlexDest
                good hot
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2007
                • 5309

                #232
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

                Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                No, I was saying that bmah's FFR file probably is liked because it is pretty reasonably stepped, and how other people don't know any other files for that song besides zebdal's stepmania file.

                When you compare the FFR file to that stepmania file, the FFR one is flawless and the stepmania one is like the YAHHHH CTRL+R YAHHHH on my engine.
                there were tons of other necropotence files when the simfile database was around. patashu kept posting a bunch of times that they were understepped because no one stepped the hi-hats (iirc choof made a simfile for necropotence with the hi-hats stepped)

                Comment

                • Choofers
                  FFR Player
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 6205

                  #233
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

                  Originally posted by AlexDest
                  there were tons of other necropotence files when the simfile database was around. patashu kept posting a bunch of times that they were understepped because no one stepped the hi-hats (iirc choof made a simfile for necropotence with the hi-hats stepped)
                  yeah and it was crazy hard lol.
                  I actually stepped necropotence twice, mostly just to fix a couple errors in v1. maybe patashu still has it.

                  Comment

                  • kjwkjw
                    >w<
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 2585

                    #234
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

                    And just like Hateandhatred does every week, I give you my thoughts on this round's songs...

                    (D1) Jumper - Haha, a song by a Newgrounds artist! Don't think we've had many of them lately...
                    Thought this was a pretty nice chart - Niala did a nice job with keeping the entire chart varied and interesting, especially since the song itself didn't offer much variation. That's my broddala!


                    (D2) Sunless Daybreak [Heavy] - Yeah, I completely forgot an easier version of this song even existed until today x3
                    This seemed good as well - fairly straightforward. The BPM changes were nicely done.


                    (D3) wiinter dream - Quite the difficulty jump, D3 =P
                    bmah is on a roll lately - I found this to be a neat song you could practice a couple things with: broken jumpstream and swing rhythm. Hopefully this will be a fun challenge to you D3'ers as well, haha.


                    (D4) SAMBISTA - yipes, I feel sorry for you D4 - you guys are just getting bombarded with ridiculous charts this whole tourney D:
                    Deviously tricky, though the song choice is interesting. I still think I like wiinter dream a little bit more.


                    (D5) Halcyon [Xi] - It might be because this song's grown on me from osu!, but this has to be my favorite chart from this week!
                    This tested a lot of different skills for me - bursts, simple polyrhythms, dense jump/handstream... and of course, that insane ... whatever-you-call-it section near 1,100 with all those 32nds @.@ I'm not sure if any of those contributed to my wrists getting tired very soon, or if I've just gotten bad at stamina, haha. What's awesome, though, is that it still managed to be very enjoyable (it's even better than I remember it from judging the hard songs batch! Did you change some stuff? =P). Out of all the songs from this week, I think this one shows the essence of "keysmash" the best, haha.
                    Frankly, this is one of the hardest, if not *the* hardest FMO I've ever played, and I don't see myself AAA'ing it anytime soon... but that's okay since I definitely want to play around with this chart a little longer ^.^
                    PS - props to the couple of you up at the top with SDG's - you guys should've faced the wrath of D6 with me (o:


                    (D6) Mourning the Lost - lol playing through this just one time almost makes me glad I got eliminated last round. Not really my type of song, so I don't think I would've enjoyed playing it just for the score, heh.
                    As for the chart itself, it was alright - definitely more fluid than Dossar's other files. Unfortunately I played these songs in division order (lowest to highest), so I don't think I played this to my fullest after wearing myself out with Halcyon. Sorry Doss x3


                    Overall, great charts - can't wait for the second half of the tournament! ;3
                    Last edited by kjwkjw; 12-9-2011, 06:38 AM.


                    Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
                    Project Sekai 535

                    Comment

                    • bmah
                      shots FIRED
                      Profile Moderator
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      Global Moderator
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 8448

                      #235
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

                      Originally posted by kjwkjw
                      (it's even better than I remember it from judging the hard songs batch! Did you change some stuff? =P)
                      Yeah I did. For instance, there used to be a small minijack in the 24ths right before the tough aformentioned 32nd bursty section, which felt out of place.

                      Comment

                      • stavie33
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 1925

                        #236
                        Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Round 4 has started!

                        I like how Mourning the Lost still has more AAA's than Halcyon
                        It's getting better all the time
                        I used to get mad at my school (No, I can't complain)
                        The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No, I can't complain)
                        You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
                        Turning me round (Oh Oh)
                        Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

                        Comment

                        • bmah
                          shots FIRED
                          Profile Moderator
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          Global Moderator
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 8448

                          #237
                          Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Round 4 has started!

                          Originally posted by stavie33
                          I like how Mourning the Lost still has more AAA's than Halcyon
                          well obviously the D6 players are going to whore their song more than D5's

                          Comment

                          • bballa48
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 1496

                            #238
                            Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Round 4 has started!

                            Originally posted by stavie33
                            I like how Mourning the Lost still has more AAA's than Halcyon
                            That's because Mourning the Lost is substantially easier, but no one here will ever admit it.
                            "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
                            Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

                            Comment

                            • TC_Halogen
                              Rhythm game specialist.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 19376

                              #239
                              Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Round 4 has started!

                              bballa: the only reason why Mourning the Lost is easier to you is because you're a higher level player - D6 players are expected to handle this kind of thing fairly well. If you give a lower level player Halcyon and tell them to compare it to Mourning the Lost, you'll more than likely see that Mourning the Lost is going to be decided as harder of the two.

                              (please move this and any other posts pertaining to this to the other thread.)

                              Comment

                              • bballa48
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 1496

                                #240
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

                                You are right, I shouldn't have said anything is this thread, sorry.

                                To keep on topic....

                                COME ON D6 MAKE IT AAA OR DIE!!!

                                you can do it

                                Edit: Crap you guys are quick, I didn't realize I was posting in here. Whoops
                                "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
                                Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

                                Comment

                                Working...