Edit: Also, as I was explaining to Bluearrow last night, my username DOES NOT sound like "fail", it's pronounced with an acute accent on the E, like "phaÉL", because it's not an "english" name, where the E sounds like "ee".
It's normal. With some time, your SM skills are going to transfer to your FFR skills. Maybe. That's what happened to me I think and look : I now have 5 FGO AAA !!!
You're not good enough yet.
SM is proper and accurate. You got used to that.
FFR is improper, and off-sync in most cases. If you try to use your "skill" to hit on-sync, it's just going to kill your score.
If you improve further, you'll learn to sightread, and adapt to each individual song. You can complain all you want about it being off-sync, but fact is you're relying on your ears too much. FFR is imperfect, so adapt to it, or go play something that's more perfect.
I play SM and ITG for the majority of my playing, and have gotten to the point where I get up to 99.51% on pad (9ft song), and 99.96% on keyboard (1 excellent, 11ft song).
Also, using sightreading, I got 90% Greats on a 12ft song. I'm PURPOSELY hitting offbeat, to get a great, and see how many I can get. That's something that relying on your ears won't give you.
Edit: Also, as I was explaining to Bluearrow last night, my username DOES NOT sound like "fail", it's pronounced with an acute accent on the E, like "phaÉL", because it's not an "english" name, where the E sounds like "ee".
Comment