for the love of god...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • virus003
    FFR Veteran
    • Feb 2008
    • 1822

    #16
    Re: for the love of god...

    Originally posted by StepmaniaGod6969
    i would like to know how my typing is awful
    By typing mnths and such, if you are 23, spell like an adult. :P

    Originally posted by XUioX
    too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
    Originally posted by roundb0x
    i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
    Originally posted by who_cares973
    stop back seat modding its annoying

    Comment

    • Izzy
      Snek
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2003
      • 9195

      #17
      Re: for the love of god...

      Can you install ubuntu without formatting your HD? Probably a stupid question, because you can't with any other OS.

      Comment

      • dean_machine
        FFR Veteran
        • Oct 2006
        • 1267

        #18
        Re: for the love of god...

        Originally posted by Izzy
        Can you install ubuntu without formatting your HD? Probably a stupid question, because you can't with any other OS.
        You can. You need to partition your hard drive, which you usually can do with a ubuntu cd. If you're planning on doing that, you should probably search about partitioning before you accidentally do something that can't be reversed. It's simple to do, but just really easy to mess up your computer if you do something wrong.

        Comment

        • Izzy
          Snek
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2003
          • 9195

          #19
          Re: for the love of god...

          Say i have a 2nd hard drive that doesn't have an OS on it. I has 450gb's of stuff but it still has enough room for ubuntu. Could i install ubuntu without formatting that drive, and losing everything? I would have to change the bios to boot from that drive to load it up, but i want to know if that's possible.

          Comment

          • who_cares973
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2006
            • 15407

            #20
            Re: for the love of god...

            lol double posts


            i would also like to know if you could use an external HD to boot ubuntu

            Comment

            • dean_machine
              FFR Veteran
              • Oct 2006
              • 1267

              #21
              Re: for the love of god...

              Originally posted by Izzy
              Say i have a 2nd hard drive that doesn't have an OS on it. I has 450gb's of stuff but it still has enough room for ubuntu. Could i install ubuntu without formatting that drive, and losing everything? I would have to change the bios to boot from that drive to load it up, but i want to know if that's possible.
              if you want all that stuff on the 2nd hard drive on the same logical drive (same partition or drive letter) as the ubuntu OS, I don't think that's possible, but you can split up some of the free space on the 2nd drive and set it apart for ubuntu.

              Originally posted by who_cares973
              i would also like to know if you could use an external HD to boot ubuntu
              That's a good question, I'm not sure, but I think you could. All I think is required is that one OS and the boot configurations is on the master drive (the first, or only, internal hd) although, if you want windows along with linux OSs and want to be able to access all of them, windows has to be the first one installed and on the master drive. Maybe it's called primary drive, I forget. It's been a while since I've had a class that had to do with installing operating systems and building and fixing computers.

              Comment

              • fido123
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 4245

                #22
                Re: for the love of god...

                @Izzy

                You can run Unbuntu from a CD if it's just for FFR purposes, it's what my friend does. He just keeps his CD in his drive and every time he boots up it asks him if he wants to start Unbuntu or boot up from his HDD. When he plays FFR he boots up Unbuntu and everything else he just uses Vista. Of course if you want to use Unbuntu on your HDD it can format already formatted HD space, just takes a while, make sure you have the space for it though.

                Comment

                • phe0nixblade
                  Praise the sun mofo
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 4281

                  #23
                  Re: for the love of god...

                  unbuntu
                  wtf is that

                  Comment

                  • User1176756

                    #24
                    Re: for the love of god...

                    I've went 3 months without FFR myself. I got the viruses swamped on my last comp. I'm lucky enough to even be able to use this PoS comp.

                    Anyways, the same happened to me when i was at my friend's house. Are you on a laptop or a desktop comp?

                    Comment

                    • fido123
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 4245

                      #25
                      Re: for the love of god...

                      Originally posted by phe0nixblade
                      wtf is that
                      A Linux based operating system. Really nice, if your a nerd you should check it out but be warned, Linux users only get laid as often as the have to reboot their computer...

                      Comment

                      • Izzy
                        Snek
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 9195

                        #26
                        Re: for the love of god...

                        Originally posted by dean_machine
                        if you want all that stuff on the 2nd hard drive on the same logical drive (same partition or drive letter) as the ubuntu OS, I don't think that's possible, but you can split up some of the free space on the 2nd drive and set it apart for ubuntu.
                        Well you cant partition your HD without formatting it. So the answer is no. You cannot install ubuntu without formatting your HD.

                        Comment

                        • dean_machine
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 1267

                          #27
                          Re: for the love of god...

                          Originally posted by Izzy
                          Well you cant partition your HD without formatting it. So the answer is no. You cannot install ubuntu without formatting your HD.
                          Yeah, you have to format it, but only the free space you set aside for ubuntu, the rest of it will be left unformated. It's not like you're going to lose anything on your HD if you do. I've done this before with a second internal HD with stuff already on it, originally it had vista (free from school), but I later removed it. I just split it into 2, 20GB of unused space for ubuntu and 20GB remaining for vista. Only the space for ubuntu had to be formated.

                          Comment

                          • Soraan
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 5

                            #28
                            Re: for the love of god...

                            I don't see why it would be Vista. I run Vista (On 1gig of ram, sadly) and FFR has never lagged. Then again, I only have what, 30 some odd plays. :P

                            I'm done not contributing to the thread, btw.
                            Originally posted by SithCait's Signature
                            Originally posted by Soraan
                            Oh noo. D; That's terrible. Now they have to thaw it out before they partake in their daily noms!
                            I l y James =D
                            I think I won.

                            Comment

                            • Izzy
                              Snek
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2003
                              • 9195

                              #29
                              Re: for the love of god...

                              You would have to at least be somewhat tuned into the slight accuracy of ffr to tell. It doesn't "lag" for me either. But on my vista pc it is just off randomly, and it keeps changing. I could swear the 3 frame time period for a perfect shifts up and down as you play.

                              Comment

                              • Flameshadowxeroshin
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 11

                                #30
                                Re: for the love of god...

                                Originally posted by dean_machine
                                Yeah, you have to format it, but only the free space you set aside for ubuntu, the rest of it will be left unformated. It's not like you're going to lose anything on your HD if you do. I've done this before with a second internal HD with stuff already on it, originally it had vista (free from school), but I later removed it. I just split it into 2, 20GB of unused space for ubuntu and 20GB remaining for vista. Only the space for ubuntu had to be formated.
                                Ever heard of Wubi? It lets you install Ubuntu without partitioning and uninstall it like a Windows app.

                                Comment

                                Working...