What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • foilman8805
    smoke wheat hail satin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2006
    • 5704

    #61
    Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

    Originally posted by Netjet!
    I'd want 200 bucks for first prize.
    You're donating, right?

    Comment

    • chunky_cheese
      FFR Player
      • Jul 2004
      • 1736

      #62
      Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

      Originally posted by MrRubix
      The thing that confuses me though is that even when I offered a Cobalt Flux as a prize, there was very little participation
      Wait... when was this? If you were giving away a cobalt flux, I'd be there, in your contest, minutes or seconds after it's posted. I say, you redo the cobalt flux contest.

      Comment

      • Netjet!
        Sic itur ad astra
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2008
        • 4701

        #63
        Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

        Originally posted by foilman8805
        You're donating, right?
        If that was actually a prize, then yes.
        RIP Steve Van Ness <3

        Comment

        • MrRubix
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2026
          • 8340

          #64
          Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

          I am probably not going to do the CF one because I have other plans for it currently

          I think I'll prob offer other prizes like small cash prizes/subs/keyboards/possibly some of my cubes (already lubricated -- they turn like butter :P )

          A larger cash prize wouldn't be a huge issue if other people donated, as I wouldn't want to front the entire cost of such. I think I'd be willing to give up like $20 for a good contest. $200 is something I'd rather spend on a good dinner, lol
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

          Comment

          • foilman8805
            smoke wheat hail satin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2006
            • 5704

            #65
            Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

            Originally posted by MrRubix
            possibly some of my cubes (already lubricated -- they turn like butter :P )
            This made me laugh out loud.

            Comment

            • t-rogdor
              tane orb
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jun 2007
              • 2685

              #66
              Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

              Mind explaining what a Colbolt Flux is?
              Originally posted by cetaka
              I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

              Comment

              • Commandersa1
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2006
                • 2344

                #67
                Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                Originally posted by t-rogdor
                Mind explaining what a Colbolt Flux is?
                I am guessing that it is a metal DDR pad.

                Comment

                • LLaMaSaUceYup
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 3759

                  #68
                  Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                  Yeah I was confused too, but Google helped me out, haha.

                  So far the keyboard idea is my favorite, but they are all good idea's.

                  Comment

                  • t-rogdor
                    tane orb
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 2685

                    #69
                    Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                    Originally posted by LLaMaSaUceYup
                    So far the keyboard idea is my favorite, but they are all good idea's.
                    Have to agree, because my keyboard is about to break. I can tell because i just mashed an x3 FC on reality (and that RHYMED)
                    Originally posted by cetaka
                    I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

                    Comment

                    • foilman8805
                      smoke wheat hail satin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 5704

                      #70
                      Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                      Discover the innovative world of Logitech United States and shop everything MX, Mechanical Keyboards, Wireless Mice, Webcams, Headsets, Software, and more


                      Check out the image gallery too. It's got a couple more pictures.

                      This is a pretty cool keyboard. USB connection, flat keys, under $20 if you shop around.

                      Oh, it's Logitech too, so you know it's not terrible.
                      Last edited by foilman8805; 05-15-2008, 09:46 PM.

                      Comment

                      • t-rogdor
                        tane orb
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 2685

                        #71
                        Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                        Originally posted by foilman8805
                        http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ke...177&cl=roeu,en

                        Check out the image gallery too. It's got a couple more pictures.

                        This is a pretty cool keyboard. USB connection, flat keys, under $20.

                        Oh, it's Logitech too, so you know it's not terrible.
                        Combated with $60 more expencive, high-tech looking programable keyboard with ALL THE WIDGETS. ALL OF THEM. no, not that one billy.

                        http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/9fff/

                        Edit: METAL PLATED KEYS. METAL. M.E.T.A.L!
                        Edit 2: Gold Plated USB
                        Originally posted by cetaka
                        I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #72
                          Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                          Rubix... again, so you know... any prizes with monetary value will need to be put in escrow before the start of the tournament, or a cash equivalent. This is one of the recent rules that Sprite and I put into effect to help clean up the tournaments subforum. Many past tournaments have offered FFR subscriptions or schwag as prizes... and then never paid up. This will prevent that from happening.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • MrRubix
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2026
                            • 8340

                            #73
                            Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                            That's fine -- I just don't want to put up cool prizes and have nobody participate in the tournament! Was severely disappointed that the Flux didn't help make a larger tourney last time
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                            Comment

                            • Commandersa1
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 2344

                              #74
                              Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                              Originally posted by MrRubix
                              That's fine -- I just don't want to put up cool prizes and have nobody participate in the tournament! Was severely disappointed that the Flux didn't help make a larger tourney last time
                              No one knew what a Flux was... :/ I seriously thought it was that picture. Like you put it in your signature to brag about winning Rubix's tourney.

                              Comment

                              • smartdude1212
                                2 is poo
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 6687

                                #75
                                Re: What kind of prizes would give you incentive to participate?

                                Originally posted by MrRubix
                                The thing that confuses me though is that even when I offered a Cobalt Flux as a prize, there was very little participation
                                Because you said your tournament would have less mental bonus stuff yet had some random game and then mental bonus attacks which sucked because they would require some fcking heug waste of lief just to solve.

                                Comment

                                Working...