To the best one-handers (or any, I suppose)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DarkManticoreX2
    TWG Overlord
    • Apr 2005
    • 7355

    #16
    Re: To the best one-handers (or any, I suppose)

    Just a note, I actually never "fall behind" on Gradeus. I have the speed for it just haven't recognized some of the patterns yet.
    AAA's = 800

    Originally posted by V
    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

    Comment

    • Kagome
      Pop'n Music.
      • May 2003
      • 1314

      #17
      Re: To the best one-handers (or any, I suppose)

      I play one handed. ;o

      Comment

      • korny
        It's Saint Pepsi bitch
        • May 2004
        • 4385

        #18
        Re: To the best one-handers (or any, I suppose)

        one handing abilities are definitely not learned overnight. i've been playing SM for barely under 3 years and have never really tinkered with other playing styles. most one handers tend to stray away and realize they have more potential going spread or index that's why you have about 4 or 5 GOOD one handers in the world. If you truly want to get GOOD like, get under 20 perfs on balloon fever good, then mainly you're just going to have to practice practice practice. I don't have problems with the up and down arrows because i am unique and use 4 fingers (including my thumb) instead of 3. If you are willing to try this then by all means go for it by i am warning you IT TAKES A LOT OF GETTING USED TO. i tried playing with my thumb ever since i saw a video made by cky( a former one hander) who uses his thumb and i was intrigued. yessssss and Macguyver seem to manage songs quite well with only 3 fingers but are sometime unable to pass songs that i can because of my extra finger(although as far as i'm concerned they suck balls at ffr rofl). For 3 finger use, i find jumpstream at bpm's of 180 or more and trill's to be the hardest patterns. everyone's different though. Try new things and practice. gradually you will get better. a key to getting good at ffr is playing SM. Being able to read arrows at a low cmod is also very helpful. Anyway if you stick with it and try to figure what works best for you then i have no doubt you have potential .hoped i helped a little .

        Comment

        • unkanown444
          FFR Veteran
          • Jul 2005
          • 135

          #19
          Re: To the best one-handers (or any, I suppose)

          yeah... ive been playing one-handed for about a year now and all i can say is practice at what you have trouble with... and for up-down trills, like in maxx forever, i just switch my index finger to the down key...

          Comment

          Working...