Song of the week - Epic

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chickendude
    Away from Computer
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2003
    • 1901

    #31
    just a question, what new songs are going into third style?
    are you going to have another one of those Stepfile making contests, or just going to take a huge rush of submissions, how is that going to work.
    I'm assuming there will be a large number of new songs (like when 2nd mix came out way back when)

    Comment

    • lightdarkness
      Summer!!
      • Jul 2003
      • 11310

      #32
      Originally posted by chickendude
      just a question, what new songs are going into third style?
      are you going to have another one of those Stepfile making contests, or just going to take a huge rush of submissions, how is that going to work.
      I'm assuming there will be a large number of new songs (like when 2nd mix came out way back when)
      Some of the songs for 3rd have already been steped. We aren't doing another contest, but we are going to approach certain people to step certain files.

      Comment

      • Snapps
        NO DOUBT GET LOUD
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2003
        • 5650

        #33
        I'd still like it if in someway you can post about what song is next, and we go ahead and make steps for it. I guess who ever makes it the best gets it in. Sounds corny, yes.

        I don't like how it is all behind the scenes while there are many people who would love to make something for FFR.

        Also on another note some of the files you do put into FFR are bad and I'm starting to think its because you guys don't know the difference of a good file and a bad file.

        Comment

        • User6773

          #34
          Originally posted by Snapps
          Also on another note some of the files you do put into FFR are bad and I'm starting to think its because you guys don't know the difference of a good file and a bad file.
          No, it's because we're a) dealing with volunteers and b) have a quota to reach (for song of the week.) We take what we can get, essentially...the new "mix system" will prevent a great deal of that and raise the average quality of each simfile.

          As I said, I wasn't 100% happy with Epic. More like 75% happy.

          Comment

          • Omegix
            free tsutter
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2004
            • 883

            #35
            I still think those jump at the start are the best part of the file, I just didn't like that 16th trill, stream, 16th trill part at the end.

            Comment

            • chickendude
              Away from Computer
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2003
              • 1901

              #36
              Originally posted by Snapps
              I don't like how it is all behind the scenes while there are many people who would love to make something for FFR.
              I'd have to agree. The problem is that having a submissions forum appears not to work out. Basically, I haven't seen a song ever go through there into the game for a long while. I don't think anyone even looks at the forum anymore, the threads don't get any replies or anything like that.

              I think there should be a more fair way of submitting songs, other than having credentials and collaborating behind the scenes with admins
              Just because someone doesn't consistently use the forums doesn't mean they can't whip up a good Stepfile. But that seems to be the thinking used when the last few songs got in. For Example, I've been here for a long time, consistently playing the game, but I haven't become an active member in the community until like last month. Heh, I just noticed my first post was on the same day as Snapps. Anyway, some stuff is just getting blown off without a look, and I think things should change.

              Basically , in a nutshell
              I second that notion Snapps

              Comment

              • lightdarkness
                Summer!!
                • Jul 2003
                • 11310

                #37
                I've said in countless threads to contact music@flashflashrevolution.com with songs or requests to step files.

                Comment

                • Snapps
                  NO DOUBT GET LOUD
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 5650

                  #38
                  Wouldn't matter. You would come back at us saying "Oh lol well do you have permission and whatnot."

                  Songs or requests. We can never request, we can never submit. I don't understand this system.

                  Comment

                  • lightdarkness
                    Summer!!
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 11310

                    #39
                    You email us, say "Hey, I wanna step a file". If we are familiar with your quality of steps, we'll give you a list of songs that need stepping. If we've never played anything by you, we might ask for some sample files of previous work.

                    Comment

                    • chickendude
                      Away from Computer
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 1901

                      #40
                      Ah, I'll have to give this e-mail thing a shot, I haven't heard of it until now
                      thanks

                      Comment

                      • Potatoes
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 23

                        #41
                        Blah.

                        Liked the song, but abso-fucking-lutely hated the stepfile.

                        Uber Rave is so much more fun.

                        <_<
                        >_>
                        <_<
                        >_>

                        Comment

                        • chickendude
                          Away from Computer
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 1901

                          #42
                          >_>;;;;
                          except Uber Rave has been here for like 2 years
                          <_<
                          >_>
                          And this one is new
                          >_>;;
                          maybe hyro will come back and restep Epic
                          <_<
                          >_>

                          Comment

                          • tahngarthor
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 3

                            #43
                            Dang this is freakin hard. But great song. FFR sure brings together a lot of artistic talent.

                            Comment

                            • Snapps
                              NO DOUBT GET LOUD
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2003
                              • 5650

                              #44
                              Sent an Email, didn't recieve any news back. Something I expected.

                              EDIT: As I posted this an email came rofl.

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #45
                                Originally posted by Snapps
                                Sent an Email, didn't recieve any news back. Something I expected.

                                EDIT: As I posted this an email came rofl.
                                I didn't recieve one.

                                Maybe I should post here so that one will come just as I'm posting.

                                Comment

                                Working...