FFR Radio (DJ Info & Schedule for 6/14-6/20 in 1st Post)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tasselfoot
    Retired BOSS
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2003
    • 25185

    #61
    Also... I'm looking for bumps. I want to add bumps to my show, so... for those who listen to my show and want to hear me pimp you (and your bump) on my show, make me a bump or two and send um to me.
    RIP

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #62
      Done shox.

      And, Dace was supposed to be on from 7-10 tonight... he had to cancel, I'll be filling in and trying to do what he would have played, sort of. Santapants will be on from 10-12.
      RIP

      Comment

      • weatherman14
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2005
        • 3

        #63
        Tasselfoot,

        I would love to be a DJ on FFR radio! I just have no idea what to do. I have been in a radio station before and talked on the air, but never digital radio. I am an outgoing and funny guy, and I would love to try something new like this. It truly is a brilliant idea, I just need to learn about a few things.

        You can talk to me on aim because my e-mail has been acting weird lately, i will be on tonight around 5 or 6, and sometime tomorrow morning. My aim is "fbdane". If you could teach me the ropes, I would love this opportunity.

        Thanks so much,
        Dan the weatherman

        Comment

        • dwFirebolt99
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2004
          • 6

          #64
          A bump is basically just a shoutout right? :P

          I\'ve been here for some time, I just haven\'t been on the forums :P

          Comment

          • lightdarkness
            Summer!!
            • Jul 2003
            • 11310

            #65
            Originally posted by dwFirebolt99
            A bump is basically just a shoutout right? :P
            A bump is bassicly something that comes before a specific event, you'll see if you listen tonight.

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #66
              I'll be on tonight from 9pm EDT until 1-2am EDT.

              Tune in.
              RIP

              Comment

              • Knavish
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2004
                • 36

                #67
                So what's happened to FFR Radio lately? I usually check only the site (as opposed to the forum), and I don't see anything happening.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #68
                  We've been trying NOT to crowd the main page... there have been people on the radio almost every night. Try checking in the IRC chat, this thread, or listening to the radio.

                  Generally, the WORST you get is my Auto-DJ. Although for the next day or two you'll likely get DDR Music, as Whorli and I are moving and will be short on internet until we get it at the new place.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • angel-d
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 278

                    #69
                    Man. wish i could DJ, am really interested in it.
                    Is there any thing you can suggest that i can download to learn how to do it. Maybe then eventually i can prove i am worthy of the awsomeness that in FFR radio and give my little piece back to it (after i pick up my new mic in august).

                    Comment

                    • emccky
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4811

                      #70
                      get a good, long line up of songs. Get a mic, and practice your voice for talking inbetween songs.

                      Comment

                      • angel-d
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 278

                        #71
                        Wow, i can do that. Have a pretty long list of songs, ranging from hard trance/dance to cheezy pop with a quick rock pitstop. Love talking, so guessing i would be ok with the inbetwen ones.
                        But was really wondering how it works, does it just play from your player (like winamp or media player) or is there a special program that you use?

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #72
                          download winamp 2.95 (www.oldversion.com) and the shoutcast plugin for broadcasting (www.shoutcast.com)

                          the rest is just filling in info and messing with your volume settings. pretty simple.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • angel-d
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 278

                            #73
                            Ok thanks for that Tasselfoot. I'll have to wait until I get my new computer in August but then will try and get it set up asap and get a demo to you wen I get back to the UK, sometime early september.
                            Hopefully FFr will be hearing me soon!

                            Oh yea, also was wondering about copy right laws and things. Do they affect the music that can be played in any way? What are the limitations if any?

                            Comment

                            • Technique
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 6

                              #74
                              RE: Re: RE: FFR Radio Is Back In Business

                              Hey, Ive been a part of this community for a while (in the chatroom, not the forums ) and I thought it would be cool to do this? I have no experience, but if you tell me what to do I will do it :/

                              Comment

                              • DJRiDDeR
                                God
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2003
                                • 2215

                                #75
                                Im on in 2 hours, so don't forget to tune in!

                                Comment

                                Working...