Song of the week - Tribal Transcendency

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ckj846
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2004
    • 2437

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Song of the week - Tribal Transcendency

    I liked the steps, it is just that they are a little bit random in a sense that it somethimes didn't go with the music that well... I really enjoyed the song though!
    O_o
    pyro31191: TELL EVERYONE YOU WANT TO TAKE IT IN THE ASS NOW
    pyro31191: rofl
    pyro31191: You should tell them earlier though
    pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights

    Comment

    • sonic_13
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2004
      • 18

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Song of the week - Tribal Transcendency

      I dont think this song is that terrible!

      and i dont think the steps are that bad either =) I enjoyed this song, thank you AP

      Comment

      • Freak83
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2003
        • 3281

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Song of the week - Tribal Transcendency

        I don't like the music or the steps.

        Comment

        • [Prophecy]
          FFR Music Producers
          FFR Music Producer
          • Jan 2004
          • 42

          #19
          Re: RE: Re: RE: Song of the week - Tribal Transcendency

          Originally posted by lightdarkness
          Originally posted by talisman
          the first few steps go to nothing or something too inaudible for me to hear. I would have waited til like the twenty combo point or so to start. especially since this gives the "ready" thing time to go away.
          AP told me that when flash compresses the file, the sounds that the beginning steps went to became inaudibal.
          Yes. That would be correct. Whenever you compress a song file, you simplify the frequencies and create "averages". What this means is that the most complex frequencies are the ones that get affected the most while simple frequencies are virtually unchanged. Since sound is made up of vibrations, the most complex frequencies are the ones that have the most vibrations. These are high frequency sounds. Think of Hi-hats, Flutes, breathing, etc. Low frequencies are essentially bass and the backbone of tonality.

          Because the song begins with nothing but the highest frequencies in the song only, and slowly filters in the lower frequencies, an obvious problem would occur with large degrees of compression. I was going for a subtle intro with minor compression. Instead, it seems to me to be more of a non existent intro with alot of waveform compression. How did this happen?

          When I originally created this song, I made it for the purpose of use in R2 which uses little compression. I even tested the song at the level of compression that R2 uses. Naturally, it gets used for R1 =) This is really only a minor problem. If AP,LD,etc are willing, I could very easily make a new version with a milder frequency cutoff in the intro. I suspect that the majority of the complaints regarding the steps in specific are in reference to the lack of musical counterpart from the outset of the composition rather than overall quality, accuracy or abuse of artistic liscence. I don't see this as anyone's fault but rather a general oversight.

          I'll make an educated guess that the rest of the complaints are coming from people who consider complaining to be an engaging and rousing hobby.....even perhaps a path to a lucractive career. To such fun loving people, the subject of a complaint is irrelevant, only the complaint is.

          As for complaints on the song, I'm very well aware that some of the music I make is more artistically abusive than generically excessive. I'm not going to try to invalidate any of them, but rather to satisfy the underlying source of the complaints. I've done alot of work and worked with alot of people (including some you may have heard of such as POD). I'm providing a professional service for free. Perhaps ethnic progessive house is the wrong genre though. I could post some hiphop that I've done for local groups, or maybe some instrumental or ambient pieces from my musical, "Snowflakes" or maybe some plain old fashioned trance. Take your pick. Its free.
          Yay, I have twitter now:

          http://twitter.com/JasonCovenant

          Comment

          Working...