Punch You
Oh this has quite some history behind it. Me and sticklydude sent in a file for this song back in 2010 and they both got rejected. Consequently, I decided to restep it completely and it just got barely accepted. Additionally, I decided to re-read the judges notes and restep a large majority of the file again. I find this version to be pretty optimal in terms of fun vs. technicality even though the ending stream might be a bit too much for some. I bet the opinions on this one will be very polarized but thankfully, so far, it's been received rather well.
so yeah thanks for all the guys who liked the file, much love. to the ones who didnt, i can totally see where you are coming from haha.
PS: Distortion Power is my favorite this week -- song choice and file wise. Props as always, Carlos.
Ring Ring Bang isnt purchased ATM. I can play it for free. lol
Also, for the skill token this is getting alittle much. Having to switch to Velocity engine just to get tokens isnt fair imo.
Ring Ring Bang wasn't purchased for the first 5 minutes before I changed it, which was before your post. I don't know how you still got it for free, but to clarify once again, it isn't free anymore.
Also, I have no regrets for posting this requirement for the skill token. It's pretty reasonable to do, even in your head. The ending of Pathetique mov 1 gives you ample time to adjust your score as well.
Originally posted by Elite Ninja
Enjoyable Fruit plays better on SM =(
I can see why people get annoyed by conversions now.
Yeah, for the people who just play this game, they only see the output, so all blame goes to the stepper, even though conversion errors aren't their fault.
Ring Ring Bang: chart is relevant, but I absolutely hate that the BPM is cut in half for the entire song. Probably won't be playing again.
Enjoyable Fruit: Enjoyable indeed. Not a fan of the song, but the chart is really well done.
Just Hold On: Very fun. Jacks caught me off-guard at the end of the song but didn't block my sightread AAA - chart is great overall and I would definitely play this again because it has some great relevance.
Distortion Power: Favorite of the week. Song is awesome; love the usage of the trills - that ending pattern was horrifying and I'm glad I don't have to deal with hitting it again for a serious score since I sightread AAA'd this one too, hehehe
Punch You: why is this a 74? why is this a 74? why is th--OH, THAT'S WHY, ok. File's alright, I enjoy it as a player and will definitely play it a few times here or there out of boredom.
For those of you trying to get the skill token, hit 9 boos before the first step, then do the first little flourish, and then hit a quad to make your boo count 13.
Play the rest of the chart, and just fix your score right at the end. As long as you can SDG the file, getting the goods at the end shouldn't be hard as long as you keep count. This shouldn't be too hard for your legacy players, either.
old school with this post so I'm gonna spoiler it so you can skip it easier
Enjoyable fruit
harder than a 48 guys come on seriously
those patterns and color tricks will throw off other players like no other are you kidding me
Just hold on:
What in the world are you doing, cut this crap out
like
stahp
seriously please don't do this ever again you over-charted this like a mofo and it hurts to look at let alone bother to finish all 3 minutes of it
No offense
S
I can't play this due to the requirement being an immense waste of effort, it sucks to 'cause seeing it's marionintendo I had my hopes up.
Originally posted by TC_Halogen
Play the rest of the chart, and just fix your score right at the end. As long as you can SDG the file, getting the goods at the end shouldn't be hard as long as you keep count. This shouldn't be too hard for your legacy players, either.
I hate to say this, but your skill has kind of gone to your head. (I seriously mean this in a non-rude way, please don't get like pissed at me.) This is still harder on legacy players than it would/should be otherwise, and on top of that it's nasty enough trying to not goof up all over the chart in the first place for some it's not nearly as simple as you make it seem
in fact, it's probably harder than you all thought
and before anyone says "oh just switch engines"
need I remind you no one would use the legacy engine anymore if they could just "use the other one"
Sorry I can't make this any nicer but, for the love of hell put out something worth working toward and stop forcing some of us to be completely counter productive. It's fucking obnoxious. But that's just my opinion here so do with that which you wish.
Ring:
N/A - Not enough credits as I just paid out my tourney prizes.
Distortion Power:
Not my cup of tea. But I'm gonna need to replay this to be completely fair.
Punch You:
Not my cup of tea. Boring dense fast jumpstream. Not interested.
Ring Ring Bang: I liked the chart, but I think the patterns are very mindblockable, specially the 34_43 gallops.
Enjoyable Fruit: Fun file.
Just Hold On: The jacks to trill at the end is very mean, specially with the lenght of the song hahaha. But I really enjoyed the entire file.
Distortion Power: Song and chart are awesome. Thank you Carlos.
Punch You: Dat jumpstream. File is very short but it's brutal.
S: I got the token on Legacy at my first try!! Come at me!! ... The chart is pretty fun, but I was getting random boos so I had to play it on mirror to get the AAA.
Comment