Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • qqwref
    stepmania archaeologist
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2005
    • 4092

    #31
    Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

    Originally posted by iironiic
    Lol maybe I should just give up stepping.
    I think YMIA was saying, basically, "Middie, are you seriously implying that [Heavy] was bad? lol". FWIW, [Heavy] is an awesome chart.
    Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
    Best SDG: PANTS (86)
    Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

    Comment

    • Xx{Midnight}xX
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2007
      • 8548

      #32
      Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      Middie is just being a cock (as usual)


      Why he isn't banned already is beyond me tbh
      No really heavy just isn't fun and has some derpy imo sections. (I also have said somewhere I thought heavy was bad, this shouldn't be a surprise really.)

      And lol sometimes I wonder why myself. Kinda. lol

      And Wilson don't quit stepping. Just think more about making your patterns less aids and stop using uneeded color ****s, step shorter songs and just over all try to make it funner. Then you'd be golden.

      Comment

      • yo man im awesome
        soleil ardent
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2007
        • 6514

        #33
        Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
        And Wilson don't quit stepping. Just think more about making your patterns less aids and stop using uneeded color ****s, step shorter songs and just over all try to make it funner. Then you'd be golden.
        I love how that's what I like the most about his files lol

        Originally posted by choof
        you double dad loving dipshit
        Originally posted by t-rogdor
        dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
        Originally posted by smartdude1212
        I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

        Comment

        • justin_ator
          🥓<strong><span style="col
          • Mar 2007
          • 7648

          #34
          Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
          step shorter songs
          +1

          Comment

          • sticklydude
            r.i.p. tiny hippo
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 2165

            #35
            Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

            when middie hates on your file, you know it's good.

            Comment

            • j-rodd123
              End of the road
              • Oct 2006
              • 3692

              #36
              Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

              solid week of releases here.

              plasmatextor and deep breath were both cool, well flowing fmos that make them feel less difficult because the stepping is so great.

              UMAD? was a fun 9, cool song and cool steps.

              fotbb v2 was pretty cool too, nothing wrong with it, great for more inexperienced players.

              coffin was probably my least favourite because the song was shit, steps weren't bad, it just wasn't too fun to play for me.

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              wow

              Comment

              • Xx{Midnight}xX
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2007
                • 8548

                #37
                Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                Originally posted by sticklydude
                when middie hates on your file, you know it's good.
                No. If Middie hates your chart chances are he thinks there is something wrong with it or a section flat out makes no sense.

                Also you mad should be a 10, I dunno who thought this was a 9. lol
                Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 05-12-2012, 10:59 PM.

                Comment

                • hi19hi19
                  lol happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 12194

                  #38
                  Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                  Originally posted by sticklydude
                  when middie hates on your file, you know it's good.
                  When middie hates your file, that means someone whose opinion doesn't matter in the slightest hates your file

                  aka nothing changes at all


                  Comment

                  • Jake Ferguson
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 995

                    #39
                    Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                    Making dickish comments about someone "being a dick" probably isn't going to help any, everyone's opinions matter

                    Anyways, FOTBB v2 was very fun for what it was, a 7. To have an easier version it needs to be watered down if the original version is frantic and has more notes. Its kinda lame to say that people don't like it because they were expecting something harder, since it's really easy to see that file isn't hard when the difficulty is right next to the name. Different versions of the same song shouldn't be similar anyways. I thought it was great.
                    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                    Also you mad should be a 10, I dunno who thought this was a 9. lol
                    Agreed, the hard parts in this are the bursts and the jacks, and the jacks are comparable in difficulty to Fei Longer which was changed to a VC. No matter what difficulty though, it was an extremely fun song and kinda tough, at least for me anyways

                    Haven't played Coffin or the FMOs yet...
                    Last edited by Jake Ferguson; 05-12-2012, 11:56 PM.



                    Comment

                    • DarknessXoXLight
                      sonder
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 2279

                      #40
                      Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                      Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                      No. If Middie hates your chart chances are he thinks there is someth-
                      That's great and I'ma let you finish, but Middie, please take your own stepping advice before you give it away so willingly~


                      Wilson, I've enjoyed every single one of your files so don't stop stepping and don't be discouraged.

                      Comment

                      • ilikexd
                        ​
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 3209

                        #41
                        Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                        I like the UMAD? file -- I actually am mad when I try to AAA it but it's still really fun.

                        @ FoTBv2 Yes it obviously feels "understepped" when compared with v1, but it's a totally different mp3 and just stepped in a different way. Personally, I like bursty files like that, and I think that it will be an attractive file for all the people who like playing v1 but aren't even able to read it (it's the most played song on FFR @ almost 4m plays).

                        Comment

                        • hi19hi19
                          lol happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 12194

                          #42
                          Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                          Originally posted by Jake Ferguson
                          Anyways, FOTBB v2 was very fun for what it was, a 7. To have an easier version it needs to be watered down if the original version is frantic and has more notes. Its kinda lame to say that people don't like it because they were expecting something harder, since it's really easy to see that file isn't hard when the difficulty is right next to the name. Different versions of the same song shouldn't be similar anyways. I thought it was great.
                          The general trend for v2s of the old, offsync files is to make a file that is much more technically correct, but still steps mostly the sounds that the old file was trying to capture. Check out the v2s for Revolutionary Etude, Minute Waltz, Story of Snowman and Sunshine Girl, HELLBEAT...
                          Perhaps you think it's silly for people to expect that trend to continue (after all it's definitely not a rule!) and yeah I can see that being the case lol.
                          But that's why people were expecting something harder, that's all.
                          Originally posted by Jake Ferguson
                          Making dickish comments about someone "being a dick" probably isn't going to help any, everyone's opinions matter
                          Sometimes I just run out of patience with stuff on this site.
                          Immature? Maybe. But satisfying? Definitely.


                          Comment

                          • AlexDest
                            good hot
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 5309

                            #43
                            Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                            coffin - i was laughing all the way through this lmao

                            faint breath - you make some of the best patterns ever, good job on the song as well AJ 8/10

                            fotbb v2 - honestly i liked this, much better to play than v1. despite the anticipation of having it to be another difficult file, this was still good 7/10

                            plasmatextor - what is there to really say, solid chipkommi file 10/10

                            umad? - not much to say, short file with decent patterns 6/10

                            Comment

                            • MaxGhost
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 2141

                              #44
                              Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                              So I was listening to Faint Breath, and then I saw AlexDest's avatar on the left of the page (in the new profiles thing) and Galdalf is headbanging perfectly on beat (for the most part). I lold.

                              Comment

                              • AlexDest
                                good hot
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2007
                                • 5309

                                #45
                                Re: Songs of the Week (May 11, 2012)

                                unce unce unce

                                Comment

                                Working...