Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wayward Vagabond
    Confirmed Heartbreaker
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2012
    • 5866

    #121
    Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

    My spring semester ends on the 18th. Ill judge all the files once classes is out

    Comment

    • 25thhour
      I like max
      • Feb 2007
      • 2922

      #122
      Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

      All new files only. It eliminates potential mind blocks someone may have on a song and gives everyone a fresh start!
      r bae adam bae max bae bridget bae claudia bae trevor bae adam2 bae mayo bae keith bae

      Comment

      • Red Blaster
        Bridge Burner
        • Jun 2011
        • 2040

        #123
        Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

        I know its got its own thread, but fuck it, what is the actual deal with the judge applications? I don't think anyone that applied heard one word about the forthcoming "part b"
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
        Originally posted by choof
        hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
        what's a milky christmas :O

        Comment

        • XelNya
          [Kaho]
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 3369

          #124
          Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

          Originally posted by Red Blaster
          I know its got its own thread, but fuck it, what is the actual deal with the judge applications? I don't think anyone that applied heard one word about the forthcoming "part b"
          Check the thread, it was posted there.

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #125
            Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

            I think that's what made FFR officials cool was that it was all new content. It's just one of the other traditions this site carries that I actually don't mind in the slightest.

            Taking that away will make the FFR official well... not the same, y'know?

            I may not be in the "know", but I do know with the current state of things regarding new files and the bunch, we simply just don't have the significant amount to go and form an official even if we wanted to. I say have the official start whenever its ready, which could be a good year or so in all honesty, but having an official with not enough files and using old files as tournament songs is kind of "meh". I suppose if people REALLY wanted an official as early as this summer, then I suppose the best we can do is use old files that have NOT been a part of the tournament.

            Oh yeah, one more thing. I'm a pretentious asshole, get rekt.
            Last edited by Charu; 05-3-2015, 02:30 AM.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • TC_Halogen
              Rhythm game specialist.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2008
              • 19376

              #126
              Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

              Originally posted by Charu

              Oh yeah, one more thing. I'm a pretentious asshole, get rekt.
              yeah Charu let me reiterate for you since you already know

              edit: stop being a pretentious asshole in assuming that nothing is going on when you're from on the outside looking in, and stop acting like you're this omniscient being that understand how the system works


              (In all seriousness: jesus christ that was S-grade douchebaggery, sorry Gradient )

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #127
                Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

                I'm more than omniscient, I'm God in muffin land.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • ilikexd
                  ​
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3209

                  #128
                  Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

                  Originally posted by Gradiant
                  Don't do them then? Announce special batch specifically for harder and easier files ahead of time rather than last minute, and if we do end up needing a few files left let it publicly be known so everybody can try to fill those in rather than asking the same 3 people that usually get their files in this way.
                  I really wanted to address this even though it's 3 days old: This already happens often and as explained it just doesn't always fill every hole. Regardless, assume it does -- tournament lineup isn't entirely static. Some things can unexpectedly change between rounds like a file's difficulty being under/overestimated in the current or following rounds and then things need to be shifted around or replaced and there are new empty slots, or a tiebreaker occurs which of course can't be planned for every division in every round. Doing it publicly is the exact opposite of the goals and purpose of doing it internally, because then many different things would need to be reviewed and it would take time, planning, and effort that isn't possible in a time frame of a few days between rounds. Given the real logistics of a scenario where there is no forewarning to plan or time to judge quality, there is basically no alternative. An official tournament lineup, regardless of how meticulously planned, will almost certainly require some internal additions even though it would be ideal if it didn't, so suggesting this is just a nirvana fallacy.
                  Last edited by ilikexd; 05-4-2015, 01:02 PM.

                  Comment

                  • TC_Halogen
                    Rhythm game specialist.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 19376

                    #129
                    Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    I'm more than omniscient, I'm God in muffin land.
                    Snivy? dohohohohohohoho

                    bitch, please

                    Comment

                    • choof
                      Banned
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 8563

                      #130
                      Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

                      so are we getting new files or not l0l

                      Comment

                      • XelNya
                        [Kaho]
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 3369

                        #131
                        Re: Should the FFR Official Tournament Only Use New Files?

                        Originally posted by psychoangel691
                        Anyway, it's pretty clear that most people are on the new content side or lean towards it. I'll hold off the tournament and try to fill all slots with new content.
                        I'm going to ask since special batches are unlikely to fit in anytime soon that any simfile authors out there up to it try to get in some easier files in the range that you'd see in D1 and early D2. Then stuff for the high end because D7 can be rough to fill.
                        See the bold part.

                        Comment

                        Working...