Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Quasar889
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2005
    • 79

    #1

    Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

    So I was listening to virt's music (New Album is really good, the one with Bedtime Story in it) and I was wondering if he'd be inclined to give FFR permission to use his stuff.

    So I emailed him about it, and he not only gave full permission, but he said that he liked FFR and wanted to link to us on his main site (he runs a fairly large VGMix site).

    He'd like to be emailed whenever we release one of his songs, just so he can put the news up on his site, but he's really excited to be part of FFR.

    So, without further ado:
    My Favorite Virt Music:
    http://www.8bitpeoples.com/discography/by/virt


    Copy of the Email:
    Matt! Great to hear from you!

    I'm quite familiar with the stepping world; I learned of it through my buddy DJ Potatoe who was pretty big into it, and I'm also friends with the insanely talented chiptune musician/stepper Renard, and various other dudes in the community. Although I don't do stepfiles myself, and in fact suck hard at music games in general (though they're a lot of fun), I am totally supportive of the scene.

    So, short and sweet, you have my permission to step anything I've written, on my site or otherwise. I definitely respect the time and attention to detail that goes into stepping, so I'm honored if my stuff inspires others to do creative things.

    My only request is that people try to email me when stuff goes live; if not, no big deal, but I want to proudly link to it from my site and reciprocate the publicity.

    ROCK ON!!!
    -Jake
  • Patashu
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Apr 2006
    • 8609

    #2
    Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

    including covers of vg songs?
    Patashu makes Chiptunes in Famitracker:
    http://soundcloud.com/patashu/8bit-progressive-metal-fading-world
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Mechadragon/smallpackbanner.png
    Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
    http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

    Comment

    • who_cares973
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2006
      • 15407

      #3
      Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

      i couldve sworn we had permission but awesome!

      Comment

      • EnR
        Massive flaming dildos.
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2007
        • 8431

        #4
        Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

        oh.



        Only everything in Orignals.

        His site.



        Btw, Quasar. If you didn't notice, a song from Virt is already going in the game soon, meaning we already had permission.
        Last edited by EnR; 12-4-2008, 06:46 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #5
          Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

          please please please check and make sure we haven't gotten permission from someone already before asking. i really hate seeing multiple people asking artists for stuff they've already given permission for.
          RIP

          Comment

          • who_cares973
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2006
            • 15407

            #6
            Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission


            a womans intuition is never wrong

            Comment

            • Patashu
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Apr 2006
              • 8609

              #7
              Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

              Originally posted by EnR
              Btw, Quasar. If you didn't notice, a song from Virt is already going in the game soon, meaning we already had permission.
              3-4 in fact
              Patashu makes Chiptunes in Famitracker:
              http://soundcloud.com/patashu/8bit-progressive-metal-fading-world
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Mechadragon/smallpackbanner.png
              Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
              http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

              Comment

              • kommisar[os]
                Banned
                • Apr 2006
                • 4097

                #8
                Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

                well i better start stepping virt

                Comment

                • EnR
                  Massive flaming dildos.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 8431

                  #9
                  Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

                  Originally posted by Patashu
                  3-4 in fact

                  Well... I just got a boner.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • behanjc
                    stargroup & me are <3'ers
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 1546

                    #10
                    Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

                    He's A Radical Rat is in the queue, and just in case I also received permission from the performer Samuel Ascher Weiss. I'll forward that sometime. (Also permission for all his other songs under shnabubula)

                    http://www.facebook.com/BehanOfficial
                    https://soundcloud.com/behanmusic/powerhouse-ep-preview-out-now

                    Comment

                    • Patashu
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 8609

                      #11
                      Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

                      Originally posted by EnR
                      Well... I just got a boner.
                      count em...across rooftops from last batch, thrash and night 'n' day from this one as well as he's a radical rat

                      send the good man replays when they come out
                      Patashu makes Chiptunes in Famitracker:
                      http://soundcloud.com/patashu/8bit-progressive-metal-fading-world
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Mechadragon/smallpackbanner.png
                      Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
                      http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

                      Comment

                      • EnR
                        Massive flaming dildos.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 8431

                        #12
                        Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

                        I already promised him I'd show him replays/videos of me playing them.

                        Also, if you, the step artists wanna tell him anything, I can message him, he liked JX's message xD.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Patashu
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 8609

                          #13
                          Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

                          man I need to convert visitor for ffr

                          some other time tho
                          Patashu makes Chiptunes in Famitracker:
                          http://soundcloud.com/patashu/8bit-progressive-metal-fading-world
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Mechadragon/smallpackbanner.png
                          Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
                          http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

                          Comment

                          • Quasar889
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 79

                            #14
                            Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

                            Well, in my defense, I managed to garner permission for more than we had (just originals to everything)...


                            I must admit, I feel pretty stupid for not checking that thread, though.
                            In any case, we've now got undisputable permission to all of his music now. That can only be a good thing

                            Comment

                            • jimerax
                              ★★★★★
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Nov 2003
                              • 8185

                              #15
                              Re: Virt (Jake Kaufman) Gives Us FULL Permission

                              moar virt

                              We already have 4 files in the queue.
                              I can convert Bedtime Story for FFR, but probably I won't.

                              Comment

                              Working...