Guide for making a truly GOOD file

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • robertsona
    missa in h-moll
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2006
    • 4000

    #16
    Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

    Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
    I actually agree with the colours thing...
    Really? I really couldn't care less if the file I was playing had all red or all cyan notes.

    Comment

    • TC_Halogen
      Rhythm game specialist.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2008
      • 19376

      #17
      Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

      SG, while he knows how to make steps well from his own STYLE, not everyone fits into it. I'm sorry--but hearing SG say how he's the only one who can make good charts is absolutely annoying and tiresome.

      that's a different story because that would be colorful to watch, and the different colors would invoke different feelings as you play the file.
      ARE you KIDDING ME? Colors have NOTHING to do with how a person feels while playing the file. Most of the people play for the sake of playing. Sure, certain "innovative" sections of a file will make a person think, "Hey, that was pretty cool", or "I like that", but it is by no way a good thing to do. Intentionally changing the rhythm of a section dumb because it just makes it that much tougher for a person to do well on (AKA MISRHYTHMS, HELLO).

      Originally posted by Ninjakiwi
      Robert you're an idiot.
      Do you make charts? No? Then don't question charting techniques.

      Ok, that was a bit uncalled for then. I actually agree with Robertsona somewhat, the ideas are flawed. While some of it is actually accurate (I definitely would tell people to read I.4 in the guide), other parts of it are completely stupid (like the 2nd half.).

      Also:

      blue rose and final step have bns, but they work well and feel great that way.
      Yeah, but if someone else's file were to have BNS, you'd more than likely chastise them.

      Comment

      • Coolboyrulez0
        VICES
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2006
        • 10042

        #18
        Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

        I love what conversation with or about stargroup turn into.
        Also this guide is very vague and should be worked on.
        https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
        https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

        Comment

        • robertsona
          missa in h-moll
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2006
          • 4000

          #19
          Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

          Originally posted by TC_Halogen
          SG, while he knows how to make steps well from his own STYLE, not everyone fits into it. I'm sorry--but hearing SG say how he's the only one who can make good charts is absolutely annoying and tiresome.
          yeah all of his posts are like "your files are bad, here's how you should step them"
          the problem is, he always says something like "all files suck, including mine" so when you say something like what you said, he'll say "but i said my files suck" even though his posts basically say "my files are good yours are bad".

          Originally posted by TC_Halogen
          Yeah, but if someone else's file were to have BNS, you'd more than likely chastise them.
          The weird thing is, for a person like stargroup who incorporates files off music theory, you'd think he'd hate stuff like BNS. Also, whenever I play Blue Rose, though I love the file, I always see the BNS as a flaw in the file, and it kind of annoys me.

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #20
            Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

            Originally posted by robertsona
            The weird thing is, for a person like stargroup who incorporates files off music theory, you'd think he'd hate stuff like BNS. Also, whenever I play Blue Rose, though I love the file, I always see the BNS as a flaw in the file, and it kind of annoys me.
            I thought about this too. It's weird how he stands up so much for music theory for every file, when in theory, his offset is anchored to an 8th note. Really contradictory of him.

            Comment

            • robertsona
              missa in h-moll
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2006
              • 4000

              #21
              Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

              Probably last word for me:
              Guides for making a "good stepfile" will never work very well
              Guides like Patashu's that show the bare-bones are good, and guides like ducky's that show the beginning of stepfile theory are fine, but further than that, it's really subjective (objective? forget which one).

              Comment

              • tha Guardians
                MCDC 2011
                • Nov 2006
                • 1680

                #22
                Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

                Guide to making a good stepfile:

                Don't make a bad stepfile.


                CASE CLOSED. Solved another one, boys.

                Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
                can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

                Originally posted by Synthlight
                I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

                Cheers,

                Synthlight

                Comment

                • jimerax
                  ★★★★★
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 8185

                  #23
                  Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

                  actually, he sent this to me multiple times.

                  well, in summary,
                  1. denying FFR
                  2. vague guide
                  3. biased good files list

                  Comment

                  • tha Guardians
                    MCDC 2011
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 1680

                    #24
                    Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

                    Jimerax, you make some damn good files.
                    Did you make MWv2?
                    If you did, you're definitely the best stepper here.

                    Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
                    can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

                    Originally posted by Synthlight
                    I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

                    Cheers,

                    Synthlight

                    Comment

                    • Oni-Paranoia
                      No fucks
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 2440

                      #25
                      Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

                      A good file is a file you enjoy.

                      A bad file is a file you do not enjoy.

                      Whats considered a good file is a file that's enjoyed by the majority of the community.

                      Therefore, there is no key to making a "good" file. Everyone steps differently, most players have different taste of what's depending on the files they have and play.

                      Thread name = fail
                      Thread = Good attempt
                      My font = Annoying

                      Comment

                      • gnr61
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 7251

                        #26
                        Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

                        like your solo "guide," this fails to explain anything whatsoever about actually making a truly "good" file.
                        saying "find da balance between da hands" and "be creative and unique n.n" along with a list of files is not a guide
                        squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

                        Comment

                        • HighAndr0id
                          FFR Player
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 1405

                          #27
                          Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

                          Nice story, I especially liked the part about kil and glove. However, the main characters seemed under developed and I just didn't connect with them at all. decent use of literary devices. Could have used more sword fights. In conclusion, lol stargroup.

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #28
                            Re: Guide for making a truly GOOD file

                            locking this and deleting the first post. not even bothering to read it. stargroup is beyond a permabanned user at this point... his IP has been banned. posting on his behalf will be taken as an attempt to ban evade on his part and will result in your account being permabanned.

                            got it?

                            good.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            Working...