My 4 submissions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Starshot
    /DJS\
    FFR Music Producer
    • Dec 2004
    • 1794

    #16
    Re: My 4 submissions

    The In the End remix sounds like the original with some sound effects and a breakbeat thrown in, with a bit of chopping here and there. It's good, but not enough to catch my attention. I wanted more guitar emphasis during the chorus, but that's just me.

    I like the chord progression on Shiny Disco Breaks. The use of vocal sound clips really help the song. You know how to use transfer sound effects really well. My only complaint is at times the break just seems too unmastered/loud.

    With Bring That Back, you again show off your skills to use vocal sound effects well. The effect used you on the bassline is absolutely sexy in every sense of the word. It runs mildly repetitive, but that's typically how a breakbeat song is formulated, so I didn't mind at all. Great stuff.

    As a fan of the original "Blast the Speakers" I was happy to have a listen to "Break the Speakers." Hate to say it, but I was mildly disappointed. The track seems to just slap a breakbeat onto the intro and not much else, it doesn't really add it's own personal twist to it. I'll admit, the vocal effects were a step in the right direction, but not enough of a step. I also didn't hear the bassline utilized at all, and that's easily the best part of that song.

    Nevertheless, good stuff.

    Comment

    • RVL
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2007
      • 238

      #17
      Re: My 4 submissions

      I could probably use AVS audio editor for these songs. I could also cut down the time if you need. XD

      I could also step linkin park if it's O.K. with you and have permission from the people to put on FFR.

      I could message them to your file sometime later, though. My goddang computer keeps crashing anf it gets fixed over and over like a cycle.
      Last edited by RVL; 01-5-2008, 09:46 PM.

      Comment

      • Reptile5000
        FFR Player
        • Dec 2007
        • 118

        #18
        Re: My 4 submissions

        Sorry for the late reply - I've been very busy lately.


        Celira - Thank you very much for the compliment

        Starshot - Thanks for the compliments and constructive criticism. Very helpful - thanks for the input.

        RVL - Go ahead and step In The End, I'd love to see how it comes out. Keep me posted on the progress.
        Last edited by Reptile5000; 01-19-2008, 05:59 AM.




        /

        Comment

        • Reptile5000
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2007
          • 118

          #19
          Re: My 4 submissions

          I'm really really really sorry for the double-post, but have have a couple of new (and funny) songs that I would like to share.




          Spider Pig Remix
          Find information, resources and relevant links for boomp3.com. This domain may be for sale.

          From: The Simpsons Movie

          We're Brothers Forever

          Find information, resources and relevant links for boomp3.com. This domain may be for sale.

          Remix from a hillarious American Idol audition




          /

          Comment

          • Reptile5000
            FFR Player
            • Dec 2007
            • 118

            #20
            Re: My 4 submissions

            Super, Super, SUPER sorry for the triple post and mega-bumb. I just wanted to let you all know that I changed a lot of the songs (listed above, posts 9 and 21) and made them a bit better. All of them were edited and made a bit better.

            PS: Has anyone stepped any of these? There were a couple that said they might.
            PPS: I started a new thread for a different remix that I made. Linkyness




            /

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #21
              Re: My 4 submissions

              the type of double/triple post you're making is acceptable, so you know.
              RIP

              Comment

              • bluguerrilla
                FFR Player
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Apr 2006
                • 3966

                #22
                Re: My 4 submissions

                Spider Pig would be better if you messed with the vocals more. Vocode or something.

                Complete the trance transformation, if you know what I mean.

                Otherwise I really like your tracks. Keep up the good work.

                Comment

                Working...