For the Love of God!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • l Endorphin l
    Maybe
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2007
    • 574

    #16
    Re: For the Love of God!

    The pattern is called Pipes or a Chain.
    It is gay but insanely fun on foot.
    EHHS is a Chain but with 16ths so its 4th jump, 16th, 8th jump, 16th. interchanging at different beats.

    I agree with you fully although I love Three Ring Night or whatever.

    The stepfile that I have going in this month has 0 jumps if I remember correctly =) I hate em, I have to hit them early to compensete for my shiz pc.

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #17
      Re: For the Love of God!

      not trying to ignore your comments Golden... youkosu is an 8... it's a Very Difficult... that's in there with J219's alternating 24th jump-gallop things, Take Me Back's 1 handed trills, TGWP2 with all it's jumps and its semi-fast stream... Maple Leaf Rag is slow, 108bpm, but it's all jumpstream... etc etc etc. There are a ton of files that are 8's. I guess youkosu is just a hard one for you.

      and, yea. chains are an annoying pattern to learn. only recently have i been able to PA them consistently.
      RIP

      Comment

      • spinal_compression
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2005
        • 3325

        #18
        Re: For the Love of God!

        This is more of a personal issue than a general one?

        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
        oh. japanese song... lets put the american flag on that!

        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
        I do accept sexual favors as bribes.

        Comment

        • Chromer
          Hookers and Blow
          • Jul 2003
          • 4981

          #19
          Re: For the Love of God!

          Chains and jumpstreams are no problem for me. I learned how to do them in SM and can do them on FFR on songs like Sensorium and Frozen and what not. However, in EHHS and especially Pants, there are so many streams going on at once that unless you are godly at reading these it's impossible to see. I play on 1.75x Speed Mod and it's still difficult to read Pants.

          Now with jacks, I have nothing against jacks. You guys misinterpreted what I meant. Jacks placed in the right spots are fun when you can hit them. But as Jimerax said, 2-framers make this game not even fun to play as it's virtually impossible to combo some jacks. Go and play songs like Stalled Out and X-Dreamer and tell me that it's easy to hit the 2-framers in those songs. It's not and that's my gripe about jacks.

          Comment

          • Silver_Brian
            ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Apr 2005
            • 5576

            #20
            Re: For the Love of God!

            Most songs can't be considered harder than very difficult on ffr without having jacks or jumpstream. Sometimes I'll try to consider other playing styles in the stepcharts. V1 is a really good example. I playtested it with just about every style and it works perfectly. But yeah, since a majority of people play spread, a lot of the harder files will be spread-biased.

            In the future, I'll try to be more considerate of index players.

            Originally posted by Moogle-master
            i now have another excuse to grow a dick
            Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
            "i've seen your little boy's penis"

            Comment

            • Kotarouchan
              I only need 3 seconds :)
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2005
              • 2030

              #21
              Re: For the Love of God!

              Originally posted by Silver_Brian
              Most songs can't be considered harder than very difficult on ffr without having jacks or jumpstream. Sometimes I'll try to consider other playing styles in the stepcharts. V1 is a really good example. I playtested it with just about every style and it works perfectly. But yeah, since a majority of people play spread, a lot of the harder files will be spread-biased.

              In the future, I'll try to be more considerate of index players.
              You don't need to, Brian, your songs are fun as is... just a pain to AAA

              Comment

              • Engler
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2007
                • 2340

                #22
                Re: For the Love of God!

                Originally posted by Silver_Brian
                Most songs can't be considered harder than very difficult on ffr without having jacks or jumpstream. Sometimes I'll try to consider other playing styles in the stepcharts. V1 is a really good example. I playtested it with just about every style and it works perfectly. But yeah, since a majority of people play spread, a lot of the harder files will be spread-biased.

                In the future, I'll try to be more considerate of index players.
                I play index, and I don't find your files difficult.

                Comment

                Working...