"Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dore
    caveman pornstar
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2006
    • 6317

    #46
    Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

    Added the overview of the jack system.

    I'll add in a math portion if I get unlazy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

    Comment

    • silvercomet1525
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 601

      #47
      Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

      As far as I know, there aren't any songs with 0-framers, right?

      If there was, what would it look like? Just a single note like all the others?
      Originally posted by Phynx
      BEDTIME FOR ME YAY!!! PILLOW SO SOFT!


      Tier Points: 537 (519 + 18 for 664 AAAs)
      (7/29/09)

      Comment

      • meno_rocks123
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2005
        • 2324

        #48
        Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

        Chrono had 0-framers but it's gone now.

        Comment

        • smartdude1212
          2 is poo
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2005
          • 6687

          #49
          Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

          vrofl has 0-framers but gl picking them out without using the SM editor.

          Comment

          • silvercomet1525
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2005
            • 601

            #50
            Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

            (Heh, apparently I don't know much)

            So that's why it was removed some time ago? I never actually got the chance to play it, so I didn't know.
            Originally posted by Phynx
            BEDTIME FOR ME YAY!!! PILLOW SO SOFT!


            Tier Points: 537 (519 + 18 for 664 AAAs)
            (7/29/09)

            Comment

            • dore
              caveman pornstar
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2006
              • 6317

              #51
              Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

              It was removed because of permission issues but the 0-framers expedited that process.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

              Comment

              • Paradox0
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2006
                • 6

                #52
                Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                Originally posted by silvercomet1525
                (Heh, apparently I don't know much)

                So that's why it was removed some time ago? I never actually got the chance to play it, so I didn't know.

                Honestlky, this (along with FF7 boss), where pretty bad anyways, so you didn't miss a thing (now if they just got rid of the hip-hop section I'd be happy)

                Comment

                • sente3
                  a brew
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 703

                  #53
                  Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                  I'm assuming they aren't alright, but are 160 BPM 16th note jacks ok? I have a strong feeling the answer is no, but I wanted to check.

                  Comment

                  • rshadow8888
                    FFR's Buizel
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3120

                    #54
                    Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                    Originally posted by sente3
                    I'm assuming they aren't alright, but are 160 BPM 16th note jacks ok? I have a strong feeling the answer is no, but I wanted to check.
                    Those would be 2/3 framers, so no, unless you are making a FGO file and the jacks are absolutely necessary.

                    Comment

                    • sente3
                      a brew
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 703

                      #55
                      Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                      Originally posted by rshadow8888
                      Those would be 2/3 framers, so no, unless you are making a FGO file and the jacks are absolutely necessary.
                      No, I'm not and thanks for the calculation. I don't understand that fully.

                      Comment

                      • dore
                        caveman pornstar
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 6317

                        #56
                        Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                        Made a small edit to the intro, hopefully that is more clear.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                        Comment

                        • blahblahblahblahblahblah
                          WtfuxPotatoHAX!!~
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2004
                          • 91

                          #57
                          Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                          I'm still a little confused... Okay so, I'm trying to make a FMO song and the BPM is 160. I have lots of 24th notes running through my file.. which means I might have 2 framers..

                          To avoid this I'd have to.. keep each 24th arrow 3 spaces apart to keep them from jacking?


                          AAA's: 104 (74 + 30 Token)
                          Most Recent: Wrath
                          Best: Evil Approaches
                          Skill Tokens: 78

                          Comment

                          • rshadow8888
                            FFR's Buizel
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3120

                            #58
                            Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                            If I am doing my math right, those would be mostly 4 framers with some 5 framers... or maybe 3 and 4. Either way, it should be ok for a FMO file.

                            Comment

                            • dore
                              caveman pornstar
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 6317

                              #59
                              Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                              Originally posted by blahblahblahblahblahblah
                              I'm still a little confused... Okay so, I'm trying to make a FMO song and the BPM is 160. I have lots of 24th notes running through my file.. which means I might have 2 framers..

                              To avoid this I'd have to.. keep each 24th arrow 3 spaces apart to keep them from jacking?
                              You should try to avoid 12th jacks at 160 bpm (can cause 3-framers). But 8th jacks are okay, and 12ths would be as long as they're used in moderation (And the rest of the file is good). Don't just have a 24th stream with a metric ****-tonne of 12th jacks in it, because that's just retarded.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                              Comment

                              • jimerax
                                ★★★★★
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 8185

                                #60
                                Re: "Are my Jacks Okay?!?!?!"

                                Available patterns are limited on 160 BPM 24ths = OMW speed.

                                Comment

                                Working...