Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AOD_ELEMENT
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2007
    • 1672

    #46
    Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

    Originally posted by Ravia
    Actually, you're wrong.
    I mashed every roll, trill, and towerjack in that ****ing song.
    Just not double setup and not in a fapping uncontrolled frenzy WTF state of chaos.
    Hence the respectable PA and boocount.
    if u mashed as much as me ur pa would be way different and ur combo would have been higher hence less misses more boo's

    Comment

    • AOD_ELEMENT
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2007
      • 1672

      #47
      Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

      Originally posted by jecht3009046
      I'm having to call double setup or nothing on this...Either that or you can mash like nobody's business. That would explain your FC to AAA count. I would still like to see vids of that. Also, your combo is higher than Ravia's because your mashes were earlier on the jacks than his. Its mostly a matter of luck when you're going to mash that much.

      EDIT: Oops...I didn't realize there was a 2nd page.
      Xptrippyness, AOD admitted to double-setup. Your statement is null and void.

      ecactly why i can hit the jacks everytime it isnt just skill it is also luck

      now your all acting like XXXsmittyXXX and putting part of my quotes as whole sentences i said i used double setup for one song on ffr and it was vertex beta vrofl and a lot more people than just me used double setup for it and i really wouldnt care if the score got deleted

      have fun arguing telling me how i played the songs
      Last edited by AOD_ELEMENT; 11-5-2007, 04:36 PM.

      Comment

      • gnr61
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Oct 2005
        • 7251

        #48
        Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

        Originally posted by MrRubix
        Actually I made a very logic-based argument in the Subscribers forum as to why double-setup is not legit.

        Summarizing: FFR is a game derived from a game meant for feet. Two legs -> Two fingers, legit. Four fingers = also legit, same as using legs + arms albeit awkward, nevertheless legit and a reasonable extrapolation to keyboard play. Every form of play/every strategy/every approach (flat footing, bracket raping, bar hugging, heel-toe play, shuffling, etc) has been done on one set of input. Therefore DS = illegal because it would be like going to a DDR machine and having the 1P and 2P pads correspond to one player.
        Except that in DDR, you don't have the option of using the other pad for additional inputs. In FFR you do, so why not use them?

        Also, FFR should be treated as a game all on it's own. The fact that DDR doesn't have two setups should have no bearing on its legality in a game where that would actually be helpful. There are patterns in FFR that would be much easier with DS, just as there are patterns that would be much easier with spread.

        I also gotta say that I dont like the arms analogy; playing DDR on all fours has hardly any actual relation with FFR or spread.

        edit: LOL xptrippyness
        squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #49
          Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

          TSS: rubix summed it up a bit above... also, most laptops only have 1 set of inputs. and, the whole point... 2 inputs for 1 key = cheating. yes, that is what DS is... but I really don't know how to explain it better than that. you get to use 1 key for 1 arrow. that's it.
          RIP

          Comment

          • TheSeventhSign
            FFR Veteran
            • Feb 2004
            • 525

            #50
            Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

            Originally posted by MrRubix
            Summarizing: FFR is a game derived from a game meant for feet. Two legs -> Two fingers, legit. Four fingers = also legit, same as using legs + arms albeit awkward, nevertheless legit and a reasonable extrapolation to keyboard play. Every form of play/every strategy/every approach (flat footing, bracket raping, bar hugging, heel-toe play, shuffling, etc) has been done on one set of input. Therefore DS = illegal because it would be like going to a DDR machine and having the 1P and 2P pads correspond to one player.
            Except that you are on the same "pad", Rubix. That's why I said what I said in the beginning of my post: every keyboard has TWO sets of arrow keys. So, imagine you go to a DDR pad and it now has TWO sets of arrows. Imagine somebody telling you "sorry, you can only use one set." I would laugh in his face.

            Plus, there's no physically possible way to get the 2P pad to respond for you, or use it , because it much further away. It wouldn't do you any good anyway.

            And how can you condone playing with four limbs when you said in the beginning of your post that the game was made for two? Sounds like cheating to me. DDR should be played with your feet, that's what it was intended for, right? I think it's uber cheating to play with your hands. On that note, let's just make spread illegal.

            See, this is ridiculous. If you go out and buy another keyboard and play with two keyboards, yes, the 1P and 2P pads would be responded, but one keyboard is one pad. Good argument, but I don't see how it explains the rule.

            EDIT: ninja'd by Tass, whatever guys, keep the rule, I wasn't posting this expecting somebody to actually listen, like I said, I can't DS anyway, it's just a silly rule. Laptops suck, buy a USB keyboard. Or would that be cheating?
            Last edited by TheSeventhSign; 11-5-2007, 04:40 PM.

            Comment

            • jecht3009046
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 324

              #51
              Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

              Well, this thread is over then...It was done with DS and the scores should all be deleted.

              Except that it has been ninja'd and has morphed into a completely new thread over the legit-ness of DS...

              Comment

              • Silvuh
                quit
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Apr 2005
                • 938

                #52
                Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                I thought I'd just play GGC once for fun; see how I do...

                Yeah, I can't think of a way to justify getting over 200 boos on that song. The only parts that may justify mashing are the jacks and and the fast jumpstream closer to the end (which there isn't much of). And because jacks are only one arrow repeated, you wouldn't have to hit any other notes to mash them... And because the timing frames overlap (you'd hit the next note instead of getting a boo), I'm not sure how many boos you could fit in there... and you wouldn't get a boo on a jack (if you hit them all) unless you started too early...
                This is how I understand it...

                Each pixel on the left is a frame of a jack where one perfect frame overlaps. The pink pixels are of taps, so there are two lines: one for 30 taps per second and another for 15. If you hit the key eight times starting at the good of the first jack, you'd get a good, two averages, and five boos. At 15 taps per second, you'd get three goods and a boo. And on the right is if you tapped seven times starting a frame later. The red pixels are av-misses. ... That's still not a lot of boos.
                Corrections on this appreciated...
                I suppose I should have asked what the typical taps per second is of a masher... Because I can't see tapping a key 15 times in one second. And I also assumed that the game can't pick up more than one tap per frame.

                Oh, and, just for fun:
                Originally posted by AOD_ELEMENT
                tences not port

                Comment

                • AOD_ELEMENT
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 1672

                  #53
                  Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                  Originally posted by jecht3009046
                  Well, this thread is over then...It was done with DS and the scores should all be deleted.

                  Except that it has been ninja'd and has morphed into a completely new thread over the legit-ness of DS...
                  i will laugh in all your faces when they find out i didnt use double setup u all make me lol

                  Comment

                  • TheSeventhSign
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 525

                    #54
                    Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                    Just curious; how are you guys coming to the conclusion that he used DS, besides the fact that he admitted to using it for a different song in the tournament? If it's boo count, lol, I have a picture of a GGC that beats his boo count by a mile.....

                    Comment

                    • XXXsmittyXXX
                      Anxiety monster
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 6924

                      #55
                      Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                      Originally posted by AOD_ELEMENT
                      u will laugh in my face when they find out i did use double setup u all will make me cry
                      o!!!

                      Comment

                      • gnr61
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 7251

                        #56
                        Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                        i actually suspected a trainer or something when i saw those, but ds would work too. especially for molto.
                        squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

                        Comment

                        • AOD_ELEMENT
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 1672

                          #57
                          Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                          lmfao smitty yeah ur funny but it gets old when all u do is try to make something funny out of nothing but theres always a time to just shut up

                          Comment

                          • AOD_ELEMENT
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 1672

                            #58
                            Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                            Originally posted by XXXsmittyXXX
                            i lol'd when u guys thought i had a real ****!!!
                            u make me lol too smitty!!

                            Comment

                            • AOD_ELEMENT
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 1672

                              #59
                              Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                              Originally posted by XXXsmittyXXX
                              i lol'd when u guys thought i had a real penis!!!
                              u make me lol too smitty!!

                              Comment

                              • HammyMcSquirrel
                                Everlong
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Dec 2004
                                • 3833

                                #60
                                Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

                                Enough with the double and triple posting, AOD. Holy ****.

                                Comment

                                Working...