• Accessing the BSE Site
• Navigating the Overview Pages
• Navigating the Individual Pages
• Logging In and the Dashboard
• Create, Search, and Edit Songs
• Request New Account or Password Reset
• FAQ

> Introduction

There is a new site for the Batch Search Engine (BSE) that will allow real-time updating from several staff members. The previous BSE demo site was very inefficient and error-prone, so this is a major update that uses a Content Management System (specifically it uses Bolt CMS).

> Accessing the BSE Site

To access the new BSE site, head over to http://ffrtools.com/bse and you’ll see a Welcome page that gives an overview of the different pages available. These descriptions are also listed below. Be warned that the Queue and Songs pages will load slower because the pages are handling relations between songs which have the song info, and reviews which have the judging and file status information.

• Queue shows what files are currently Accepted, in Conditional Queue, and Released.
• Batches lists all the current batches and provides links to individual ones.
• Songs is a listing of songs from all batches.
• About lists the current active judges.
• Contact provides ways to contact FFR staff concerning the batch process.

> Navigating the Overview Pages

This section covers the three Overview Pages. Note that the information on this site only goes back to the September/October 2014 Batch. Also, any time there is a table listing, you can use the Search bar to narrow down the table. The table updates real-time as you type in the Search bar, and you’ll also see clickable links that will lead to individual pages with more information whether it be a song or batch, so be sure to take advantage of that as well.

Queue
This page takes around 5-10 seconds to load. It’s split up into three panels, described in the spoiler below. In each of these sections there is a table. In the table, clicking on the Title will lead you to the page for that specific Song, and clicking on the Batch will lead you to the page for that specific Batch.

Accepted Songs lists the currently queued files that are available to release. The status in this table will be Accepted.
Conditional Queue Songs lists the currently CQ’d files that still need fixes. You will also notice that there is a Pending Fixes text to indicate what files have fixes sent that need to be reviewed. The status in this table will be Conditional Queue or Pending Fixes.
Released Songs lists the files that have been released. The status in this table will be Released or Disabled.

Batches
This page lists the batches since September/October 2014 and a general status of them. In the table, clicking on the Batch will direct you to the page for that specific Batch.

Songs
This page also takes some time to load, but not as much as the Queue page. It lists the file submissions since September/October 2014 as well as the file status. In the table, you can go to either the individual Song page or individual Batch page for that specific Song.

> Navigating the Individual Pages
The previous section covered the three main Overview Pages. In this section, you will be given some examples to show how you can reach a specific batch or song page. Individual batch and song pages provide much more information than the overview pages, which are meant to provide listings.

Individual Song Page
• Go to either the Queue or Songs Overview Page.
• Find the Title column in the table. Click on the Title, which is a link to that individual Song Page. For instance, we could click on 0x69.
• The individual Song Page has a Song Submission Panel split up into three parts, described in the spoiler below.

General Song Info: The Song information you would see in a table listing with an extra File Comments portion. File Comments could be used to indicate when an update to the file was submitted to the batch email, since we’re not uploading file submissions onto the BSE site – it’s still being done through email.
Judging Info: States the Lead Judge, Reviewer Judge, where the user can see the review for the file, and the file’s status as well as its rating.
Permission Info: Information regarding permission that the stepartist is to provide. Permission Status (such as Blanket), Permission Details such as mentioning an email response if applicable, and a Permission Image which is a link to the permission image is applicable (photobucket, imgur, whatever).

Individual Batch Page
• Go to either the Queue, Songs, or Batches Overview Page.
• Find the Batch column in the table. Click on the Batch Name, which is a link to that individual Batch Page. For instance, we could click on March 2015.
• The individual Batch Page is split into four parts. Two example images are also provided: The Song Status Stats, and the Stepartist Results (respectively).

Batch Information: Very basic information. If the batch is Open or Closed, Judgment status, and Description.
Song Status Stats: Provides an overview of how many songs are in the batch in addition to the status of the files: Judged, Rejected, Accepted, Conditional Queue and so forth.
Song Listing: What songs are part of this specific Batch.
Stepartist Results: This is a collapsible accordion. When opened by clicking, it will show all stepartists that submitted to that specific Batch. It mentions both Transfers and Normal Submissions. This provides a way for stepartists and staff to easily see what files a specific user submitted for a Batch.

> Logging In and the Dashboard
Now that you’re able to navigate the site, it’s time to introduce how you can modify the content that appears on the site. For instance, the Songs you see in the Songs Overview Page are individual Song content types stored in a database. More content can be added to the database as well as modified or deleted. To modify song content, you will log into a backend tool.

Head over to http://ffrtools.com/bse/bolt/login and enter your username and password. This will be PM’d to you on FFR. After logging in, you will see a Dashboard page. On the top right you will see the display name of your user account. Note that the display name is not necessarily the same as the username. When you click the top right space (it should highlight when you hover over your display name), you’ll see Profile and Logout as the options. The Profile Page allows you to edit your email address, Display name, and password. Remember to click the Save user button or your changes won’t go through to the database!

You'll notice the Songs Content Type on the left sidebar. When hovering over it in the sidebar, you’ll see “View” or “New” actions available. For now, just click on View to get an Overview Page of the Song Content Type.

> Create, Search, and Edit Songs
The previous section mentioned how you can go to the Song Overview Page. In this section we will discuss how to create a new Song, search to narrow down the number of Song results, and edit Songs.

Create a Song
There are two ways to Create a New Song. The first way is to click the "New Song" button in the top right from the Songs Overview Page if your browser window is wide enough. The second way is to hover over the "Songs" section in the left sidebar and click "New Song". When you do this, you should be directed to a "New Song" page. There are four tabs on this page.
• Content Tab is for the general Song information: Song Title, Song Artist, Step Artist, if it's a transferred file, and any other comments (useful for indicating an update sent through email). Don't worry about the Permalink field.
• Permission Tab is for indicating permission from the song artist for the song submission: Permission Status, Permission Details (such as what an email response from the song artist mentioned), and Permission Image Link which is an external link to an image of the permission if necessary (can be from photobucket, imgur, whatever).
• Relationships Tab is for attaching the Song Submission to a Batch. There is a Select dropdown where you can determine which Batch period your submission belongs to (e.g. January 2015).
• Meta Tab is not something you should worry about.

A sample image of the New Song Page is shown below with the four tabs mentioned from above. Make sure you remember to click the "Save Song" button or else your song submission will not save. In addition, your Song Submission will not appear on the BSE site pages until an admin user has approved your submission.

Search for a Song
Go to the Songs Overview Page and make sure your browser screen is wide enough for the Filter button to appear. There is a search bar that you can type in to indicate the text to filter the Songs by.

For an example, we can search "Call me it" by typing the text into the search bar and clicking the Filter button. The following screenshot shows the results from the search.

Do not spam Song content in the backend - if it's not showing up on the front end, ask an admin user to publish the Song. If you are found to be creating excessive Songs and filling the Songs space with dummy content, your user account will be disabled and your submission cap will be reduced by the discretion of the Game Management Staff.

Edit a Song
Go to the Songs Overview Page. Clicking on a song title will bring you to the Edit Page for that Song. If you are not the owner of the Song Submission, you will receive a red error message saying "You do not have the right privileges to edit that record." Remember to click the "Save Song" button to save any changes you make to your Song Submission.

> Request New Account or Password Reset
Any admin user can create a new account for you. The preferred way of asking for a new user account for the BSE site is directly contacting the person (such as through Personal Message on FFR). A request for a new user account can also be sent as an email to ffrsubmissions@gmail.com although that should only be the last option; for a new user account, make sure you mention the username, display name, and email address you want to use. The admin users are listed in the FAQ section at the end, and make sure when you state your username it is only lowercase letters and numbers. Spaces are not accepted in usernames, only hyphens. Once the user account is created you will not be allowed to request a username change for that account. Remember that the Display Name is different from the username.

In addition, any admin user can reset your password. For password resets, the contact process is the same except that you only need to mention your username. If you do not remember your username you can also ask an admin user to see if there is a matching username for you. If not, a new user account can be created.

> FAQ
Q: Who are the admin users on FFR that I can contact for a new account, password reset, or user account clarification?
A: DossarLX ODI, psychoangel691, TC_Halogen, bmah.

Q: Why isn't my Song showing up on the front end?
A: This is because your Song is not published yet. Make requests for publishing your song, as well as informing of updates on your file submissions, in the Batch Search Engine Updates thread.

Q: Are we still sending our file submissions to the FFR Batch emails?
A: Yes, the actual file itself will still be submitted as an attachment following the rules in the FFR Public Judgment System thread. Just make sure you create a Song on the backend mentioned earlier in this thread and post an update stating you created the Song and it needs to be published.

Q: Why are the Queue, Songs, and Batch pages taking longer than 10 seconds to load on the front end?
A: I'd advise to be patient and wait for the pages to load; there is a lot of relation handling being down between the Songs, Reviews, and Batches.
DossarLX ODI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Search Engine User Manual

The full list of FFR users who got a PM sent for their account is listed below in the spoiler.

_DJ Vinyl_
A Cheap Lemon
AutotelicBrown
beary605
benny58624
blanky!
bmah
Buta-san
Charu
choof
DarkZtar
Destroy2777
DJzAIKz
doggies4life04
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Pro 21
gameboy42690
GammaBlaster
gold stinger
Gradiant
Guest15937
HeZe
hi19hi19
icontrolyourworld
ilikexd
ItsOnlyDanO
Jayden1234
kacper_w
klimtkiller
Kraezymann
Lambdadelta
LongGone
lurker
M0nkeyz
manicpies898
MarioNintendo
masterzatwork
mi40
Mourningfall
Nitrologyy
One Winged Angel
Pizza69
Poison-
PrawnSkunk
psychoangel691
Razor
rCaliberGX
Reshiram
rparty89
rushyrulz
Scintill
ShadowDueler97
ShurykaN
Silvuh
SonicX
T-Force
t-rogdor
takumi000
TC_Halogen
Tidus810
trumaestro
VisD
Wayward Vagabond
XelNya
Xiz
Xtreme2252
xXOpkillerXx
yo man im awesome
YoshL
Old 03-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
luislima
FFR Player

can I register?
luislima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luislima View Post
can I register?
I PM'd you the account details. Creating an account is a request that has to be made to an admin user.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:19 PM   #5
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

question about the permissions tab: it looks like the options in the drop-down box are Blanket, Conditional, Uncertain and Rejected. i'm not really sure from these which case a limited permission falls into - we do have permission for the song in question, but the artist's permission comes with conditions that the song meets, which would make me think to mark it as Conditional. so i did that for now. maybe some info on the other options would be helpful to know.

e: changed to blanket after reading some more

Last edited by inDheart; 09-1-2016 at 06:37 PM..
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote