Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
Apeescape
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Red face Some questions.(About DDR and ITG)

1.Is One More Lovely on any DDR?
2.Is there a confirmed release date for ITG2 on the consoles?
3.What the heck is Xuxamonium?
4.What is MAX 888?
Fcs: Alot
Best FC: Novo Mundo, Kakke Ecko
Apeescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Some questions.(About DDR and ITG)

1 no
2 don't know, but i think not
3 tell me you mis-spelled that....
4 Something I need to try.
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Nice bump, ******.
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

1. I don't think so...
2. Should be out now, but I don't know
3. Rumors say that it is a song coming out for ITG3. It is Xuxa and Pandemonium mixed together
4. A simfile someone made. I recommend NOT to play it, but you can find it in the FFR simfiles archive.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Xuxamonium is fanmade. It is not in ITG3.
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tibs- View Post
Nice bump, ******.
What ever, let's not fight.

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 09-27-2006 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: First post was not what shoulda been posted
Old 09-29-2006, 12:31 AM   #7
MoonLightTiger
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

1. No (only for SM I guess)
2. Not sure but I think I heard someone say sometime next year...?
3. Sounds like a song on SM. Not sure at all.
4. I gotta see this one. Maybe like Max 300 on who knows what speed. *stares at fast moving arrows* Whoosh!!
MoonLightTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #8
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeescape View Post
No. As far as I can tell, the project is up in the air. There have been leaks of an ITG2 project for the PS2, but Kyle Ward said the project hasn't been worked on for quite some time and will more than likely never be finished. Whether that means no PS2 version or they started from scratch, I honestly don't know. Kyle Ward also said it was much harder to port the game to the PS2, so in actuality, it may never be released for Playstation but maybe on another system. He revealed the PC version could be updated to future versions, so it's also likely that a ITG2 update for PC could hit before it reaches consoles. They are behind with ITG3 so I think the other projects have hit a backburner.

That's probably the most official and accurate response you'll receive on that at this time unless things have changed within a week.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
Ssonik
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Ssonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeescape View Post
1.Is One More Lovely on any DDR?
3.What the heck is Xuxamonium?
4.What is MAX 888?
Max 888 is a song on SM it sounds like an 11 year old mixed it and my song i made MaxX a Million sounds like an 8 year old mixed it
Old 11-24-2006, 08:29 PM   #10
Ssonik
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestlekwik View Post
No. As far as I can tell, the project is up in the air. There have been leaks of an ITG2 project for the PS2, but Kyle Ward said the project hasn't been worked on for quite some time and will more than likely never be finished. Whether that means no PS2 version or they started from scratch, I honestly don't know. Kyle Ward also said it was much harder to port the game to the PS2, so in actuality, it may never be released for Playstation but maybe on another system. He revealed the PC version could be updated to future versions, so it's also likely that a ITG2 update for PC could hit before it reaches consoles. They are behind with ITG3 so I think the other projects have hit a backburner.

That's probably the most official and accurate response you'll receive on that at this time unless things have changed within a week.
um if you want ITG2 go to www.myspace.com/inthegroove2akaraze and read all of my blogs(im not sure where its at) The in the grove project had a big error when it was never demoed in vegas for people to play.

Last edited by Ssonik; 11-24-2006 at 08:32 PM..
Ssonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #11
nestlekwik
Retired Staff

If you call a lawsuit an error, then ... sure. I checked on In the Groove stuff before the Las Vegas event and Boxor kits were already pulled from the market. The judgement had already been made at that time in favor in Konami.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
Ssonik
FFR Player

Quote:
If you call a lawsuit an error, then ... sure. I checked on In the Groove stuff before the Las Vegas event and Boxor kits were already pulled from the market. The judgement had already been made at that time in favor in Konami.
when you say boxor i think you mean Roxor.And konami really screwed things up.man after the news was out people were freaking out.ITG rights have been limited.Konami's just upset that ITG is better than DDR...they need to just deal with it.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #13
Dragula219
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssonik View Post
Konami's just upset that ITG is better than DDR...they need to just deal with it.
Yeah. In fairy magic land, when companies lose **** tons of money due to another product that is almost the exact same thing, they just "deal with it"

Unfortunately, we don't live in fairy magic land. I like ITG better than DDR like everyone else, but Roxor was asking for it. I consider them lucky for not being shut down.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #14
nestlekwik
Retired Staff

Quote:
when you say boxor i think you mean Roxor.And konami really screwed things up.man after the news was out people were freaking out.ITG rights have been limited.Konami's just upset that ITG is better than DDR...they need to just deal with it.
No. When I say boxor, I think I mean boxor. Look it up.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #15
YungYung
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to YungYung Send a message via MSN to YungYung

Quote:
Konami's just upset that ITG is better than DDR...they need to just deal with it.
Biggest pile of idiocy I have read in quite a while. Konami had every right to file the lawsuit, and it's common logic that they won. Not much of the fanbase is happy about it, since ITG was able to offer something that DDR could not. This wasn't a matter of one guy getting upset that another was more successful than he was.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #16
Ssonik
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungYung View Post
Biggest pile of idiocy I have read in quite a while. Konami had every right to file the lawsuit, and it's common logic that they won. Not much of the fanbase is happy about it, since ITG was able to offer something that DDR could not. This wasn't a matter of one guy getting upset that another was more successful than he was.
but it wasnt agaisnt the law.Look your allowed to make a dance game but you cant copy DDR and ITG.lets say i made a dance game.lets call it fury of dance(lame name lol) now i want the health bar on top and put curves in it DDR is gonna sue me.I put it to the left.ITG sues me i put it on the bottom.....im safe.i make note skins ddr style...i get sued.Get my point.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #17
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

Quote:
but it wasnt agaisnt the law.Look your allowed to make a dance game but you cant copy DDR and ITG.lets say i made a dance game.lets call it fury of dance(lame name lol) now i want the health bar on top and put curves in it DDR is gonna sue me.I put it to the left.ITG sues me i put it on the bottom.....im safe.i make note skins ddr style...i get sued.Get my point.
I don't think placement of the dance gauge is going to get you sued as much as having the same pad layout and objective will.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #18
nestlekwik
Retired Staff

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the lawsuit launched due to the fact that ITG was originally an upgrade box (known as a boxor) that was sold on the sole basis that it was installed into a DDR cabinet. Dedicated cabinets weren't available until ITG2 so basically Roxor was being sued on the account that they were using Konami cabinets to sell their product. Andamiro got busted doing the same thing and I can't fathom why Roxor thought they could get away with it.

It has nothing to do with "they're both dance games." That would be like saying no more games can have guns in them because x game does, you can't kill enemies by jumping on them because x game, you can't display scores onscreen because x game does.

I mean, come on, Data East can win a court case over CAPCOM through the Fighter's History vs. Street Fighter II fiasco. The games are so similar it's blatant and pretty much insulting. But because no trademarks were breached (basically names are changed and appearances differ slightly), it was ruled that Fighter's History could be sold.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #19
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

OMG this thing still going?

Ok this is how I see it: Nestlewik's last post is correct, but at the end of the lawsuit Konami received the rights to the 4 panal dance pad (now correct me if IM wrong but I think that's what happened) Yes, I think it's gay and, yes, the judge (or however) was stupid. I heard that Roxor was changing the pad layout on the screen to avoid this (sorta like this:
< ^ V >
Left up down right )

But when I said somehing to Synthlight about it he was like "WTF?" so I dunno about it.

I DO know that no more dancing game is gonna come out looking like DDR.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #20
Ssonik
FFR Player

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the lawsuit launched due to the fact that ITG was originally an upgrade box (known as a boxor) that was sold on the sole basis that it was installed into a DDR cabinet. Dedicated cabinets weren't available until ITG2 so basically Roxor was being sued on the account that they were using Konami cabinets to sell their product. Andamiro got busted doing the same thing and I can't fathom why Roxor thought they could get away with it.

It has nothing to do with "they're both dance games." That would be like saying no more games can have guns in them because x game does, you can't kill enemies by jumping on them because x game, you can't display scores onscreen because x game does.

I mean, come on, Data East can win a court case over CAPCOM through the Fighter's History vs. Street Fighter II fiasco. The games are so similar it's blatant and pretty much insulting. But because no trademarks were breached (basically names are changed and appearances differ slightly), it was ruled that Fighter's History could be sold.
yes,ITG1 had no dedicated cabnet and it was an upgrade then ITG2 had its own cabnet(i belive im spelling cabnet wrong)but it was a whole nother idea.And the pad lay outis the same as DDR but its original dace format(i hate that stupid pump it up and stuff like that)