Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Has FFR lost its Credit, Be honest.
Yes 14 23.73%
No 30 50.85%
I just play the game 1 1.69%
I just chat 0 0%
I just sell myself out 1 1.69%
I only lurk 1 1.69%
I've been here too long to care 9 15.25%
no comment 0 0%
I just started 1 1.69%
I don't care 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
Lee_scar
FFR Player

Thumbs down Has FFR it lost all tact.

I was wondering as I browse through FFR today.
Being here after two years and watching the FFR community develop.
Has FFR lost all it's tact and plausible fun factor, just as Myspace has lost its fundamental value of mere peer connection. More-so an whore contest.
Has FFR devolved into nothing more then an myspace collaborate.
Watching the crowds grow from five hundred thousand to million and an half is true astonishing and worthy of awe for an gaming website; one that has come so far.
From an mere one hundred and fifty songs to four hundred and fity nine.
As you browse do you not feel something lurking about FFr nowadays.
Boys having only girls on their list, same for girl having only boys. Revealing pictures, and nothing more the what seems to be an collage of pictures reflecting that of an facebook album.
Gamers crazed about winning willing to pervert their own unique style only to play wjhat others have called an success. All for the sake of rank and MP level.
Those that have worked their way into their respective areas of FFR, Video chat, MP, profile chat, Forums; all seem segregated and divided by an wide margin. Cut that tempers and attitudes towards those whom step into new areas, or return after an period of absence.
Those whom create new profiles, fake ones with stolen pictures, some make second accounts to hide the shame of their gaming past, or to hide their gaming prowess.
Mostly worst of all there is no gamer code of conduct, very few follow this fact.

Now to say if you read this far ask yourself what you think, on any of these matters.
I already know some think that this is an rant, put down of some sort. No, this is an notation of respect for the site that was once great, that now teeters on un-solid grounds. What say you in your own opinion? What do you have to say besides put downs, taunts and scoffs. Let not your eye be blinded by your surroundings.

As I am not giving an sermen, or preaching, again I have more respect for this site then; dare I say it even synth, the 'father' of this game. Would I have the means to contribute financially I would have in quad digits.

FFR community of the mind. Lets hear your voices.
Lee_scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Has FFR it lost all tact.

You are an true hero.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_scar View Post
More-so an whore contest.
Besides this, i agree with everything you stated.

nerds
infinity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Well said, my friend.

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
jellygod
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jellygod Send a message via Skype™ to jellygod

i've never seen an thread like this before.

RETIRED
Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
"Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
jellygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Been said many a time, but none the less you but together an good thread.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Am I a whore?

I think not.

I just think the community is evolving...and you're watching it happen.

EDIT: Proudly voting NO in regards to FFR losing its credit.

Last edited by foilman8805; 01-26-2008 at 10:15 PM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
Lee_scar
FFR Player

I appreciate your input. And thank you for your honesty. That and stepping up and out into the open from lurking in order to let yourselves be heard. Appreciation, sincere and true.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #9
Lee_scar
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity. View Post
Besides this, i agree with everything you stated.
Ah yes this was more-so referring to the Myspace community, not the FFR community to clarify, if needed in that respect.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #10
irishknight
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Well.. Things may change when 3rd style is released.

Maybe there's still some hope for FFR.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #11
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa

FFR's not losing any credit, it just has more of an social aspect to it now.
MeaCulpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #12
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Quote:
Mostly worst of all there is no gamer code of conduct, very few follow this fact.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?f=17&a=27

Quote:
Gamers crazed about winning willing to pervert their own unique style only to play wjhat others have called an success. All for the sake of rank and MP level.
It's called the elite class of a gaming community. Everyone has one and no one can stop it from being made. Hell, even chess has this, but no one complains, now do they?

Quote:
Cut that tempers and attitudes towards those whom step into new areas, or return after an period of absence.
I say nay. There are plenty of good forumers, players, and musicians that have joined within the year. Most of them are accepted with very, very nice responses, and warm into the community quite nicely. Cyanite is one user that is a walking example of it.

Quote:
Has FFR lost all it's tact and plausible fun factor, just as Myspace has lost its fundamental value of mere peer connection. More-so an whore contest.
Has FFR devolved into nothing more then an myspace collaborate.
There is one very very wide fact you're missing here. MySpace has sold out to advertisers and as we've seen overtime, completely and totally forgot about it's userbase. FFR has only enough adverts that it needs to run the server and hasn't sold any of itself to another company (At least nothing that we know of.) And good god, sir, do not state that FFR has forgotten about the players. Do you not see the MASSIVE post of updates for the players on the front page? Do you not see the community that is powered by the people in it? The music from the people, the stepfiles from the people, hell, even new code from the people.

FFR is a user run community, MySpace is not. FFR looks at users as valuable members of a growing community. MySpace looks at their users as profit.

That is all.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Good god, not another one of these threads.

We're aware of FFRSpace, but at least people are coming to FFR.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
silvercomet1525
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to silvercomet1525

I personally think that all the profile stuff definitely lost it. I've had 7 random friend requests from these myspace-like profiles in the past 3 days. 2 of them after I posted my random thought against it. Oh well, it would've happened later on anyways. Evolving community, like foilman said.

As for the game, I really think that the songs would've been better off if they weren't released in a burst like they were for Christmas. We would have gotten to this point (having 450-ish public songs) eventually anyways, it just sort of seemed rushed.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a huge load of songs. So what if they're dragging down your average rank? Then just play them already! It's your own fault if songs are messing up your stats just because you don't want to play them.

It's not some kind of game-whoring contest anyways. Some people care about Overall Rank, some don't. They find an accomplishment that they have a good overall rank. Same with Average Rank, Tier Points, AAA's, etc. Everyone defines personal success differently.

Ideally, you should be able to play all those new songs to the point where you're personally satisfied with your score (whether it's an AAA or just a FC that's mashed) within 1~3 tries. Even if you aren't, it's not like it's going to kill your stats or anything. If the stats meant that much to you, you would just play the song again, right?

Edit: Now I want to change my vote...

Tier Points: 537 (519 + 18 for 664 AAAs)
(7/29/09)

Last edited by silvercomet1525; 01-26-2008 at 10:17 PM..
silvercomet1525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #15
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Can I hear an hallelujah? No don't bother.

I agree with foilman here, FFR is just evolving into a whole other community. You said so yourself that population has increased, so will the chances of people implementing the same judgment.

FFR is a diverse community, mind you, so do expect people, especially newcomers, to act the way you say they act: give FFR a Myspace/Facebook look.

The only way FFR may ever get attention is that they'd feel comfortable and happy expressing themselves. Some of them originally came from Myspace or Facebook, and since FFR has given them the ability to make their profiles the way they are, they will apparently treat it like Myspace or Facebook.

I believe FFR has gained more than lost. I think without the diversity, FFR wouldn't be as we see it to be. You try to imagine FFR with only AAA-obsessed freaks. Wouldn't you be annoyed? Just to bring a point and all...

EDIT: I can't help but point out how right Starshot can be with FFR being more user-based. And I don't think Myspace is interactive enough.

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

Last edited by flipsta_lombax; 01-26-2008 at 10:22 PM..
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #16
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshot View Post
He said a gamer code of conduct, DJS. Not the forums.

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #17
Lee_scar
FFR Player

Quote:
What does the forum rules have to do with this matter. I see no Trolling or Flameing. Just honest opinion. If one cannot submit it then the forums are doing the opposite of what you said FFr intends to do: make users it's life force.
Quote:
It's called the elite class of a gaming community. Everyone has one and no one can stop it from being made. Hell, even chess has this, but no one complains, now do they?
I'm not complaining of this "elite" as you call it. I'm simply talking about those that are simply here for the kill, not the thrill. Starting new profiles to lure new players into being demolished by them.
Quote:
I say nay. There are plenty of good forumers, players, and musicians that have joined within the year. Most of them are accepted with very, very nice responses, and warm into the community quite nicely. Cyanite is one user that is a walking example of it.
In this I refer to those that ask questions, poke around with an happy smile. Sure the responses may be nice, but where is the heart. There is an coldness among the classes of players and forumers alike. The elite and the non. Though some are kind hearted, an major amount puts burns onto the foreheads of others.

Quote:
There is one very very wide fact you're missing here. MySpace has sold out to advertisers and as we've seen overtime, completely and totally forgot about it's userbase. FFR has only enough adverts that it needs to run the server and hasn't sold any of itself to another company (At least nothing that we know of.) And good god, sir, do not state that FFR has forgotten about the players. Do you not see the MASSIVE post of updates for the players on the front page? Do you not see the community that is powered by the people in it? The music from the people, the stepfiles from the people, hell, even new code from the people.

FFR is a user run community, MySpace is not. FFR looks at users as valuable members of a growing community. MySpace looks at their users as profit.

That is all.
Yes FFr looks at its memebr as it's lifeblood, but does it tend to those members dearly. Aswell as regulate them in kind? WAtching then as they evolve, keeping the rules in face value, and not just idle treats. DAre you think I taunt the rules would be an err. Though I say there are those that slip by. Undergae children running wild and so on.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #18
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Your perpetual use of 'an' instead of 'a' is getting really annoying.

Also, just for the sake of being honest, I'm going to suggest you put question marks in your original post.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #19
Lee_scar
FFR Player

I love this. It's all to fun to see people defending those that have perverted FFR.
Unlike other sites FFR was purely original, unlike anything the online persona has seen.
Not like those poor porr sites that are for personal reason. You may call this evolution in some sort, but wat waht cost. Let FFR continue to evolve as the human race. Let it pollute and kill itself?
Again I am not puting down the site. Simply the taste of its users, theres no companionship. Noone giveing an guideing hand to one another. It's like an closed book, unable to crack it's binding, for others to read. I have seen nothing commuity wise about FFR.

What and where is the community? Those whom respect and look after new arrivals?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #20
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I believe the community is strong.
But all those myspacey-imakeaprofilejustforsocialreasons-people are taking over.
Its Flash Flash Revolution after all, not Chat Chat or Talk Talk Revolution.
Play the game damnit.
That's all I am gonna say.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote